Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry Getting Closer

JORDAN MCARDLE

PRIZED Next Generation Academy graduate Liam Henry could join Fremantle’s main training this week. They have taken a slowand-steady approach with the midfielder-forward , who hasn’t played since dislocating his left knee cap in August. Henry was one of Fremantle’s three top-10 draftees alongside midfielder Caleb Serong and defender Hayden Young, but has been on a modified pre-season program since arriving at Cockburn. Serong is the most likely of the trio to feature in the Marsh Community Series after his eye-catching intraclub showing on Friday, with Young also a strong chance. “We should start to blend Liam in with footy which everyone is excited for,” Fremantle football manager Peter Bell said. “He’s bright and bubbly and full of energy and a really popular member of the playing group. I know the fans will be keen to see Liam and he’ll start blending into footy in the next couple of weeks.”

As mentioned earlier, how the media engage with the community is changing. Once we read the daily paper with our breakfast, and the afternoon paper on the bus. Times have changed, the way is open for the media to directly connect with the punters.

It appears that Ryan Daniels is awake to this method. I see some of the ABC personnel are doing this a little.

I appreciate Duffield analysis, but will we see him using more direct interaction methods, eg. Twitter ?. I’m not expecting 6PR to encourage this method.

Anyway in reality, winning or improvement will bring positive press.

As mentioned earlier, how the media engage with the community is changing. Once we read the daily paper with our breakfast, and the afternoon paper on the bus. Times have changed, the way is open for the media to directly connect with the punters.

It appears that Ryan Daniels is awake to this method. I see some of the ABC personnel are doing this a little.

I appreciate Duffield analysis, but will we see him using more direct interaction methods, eg. Twitter ?. I’m not expecting 6PR to encourage this method.

Anyway in reality, winning or improvement will bring positive press.

During the season Duffield was pretty good on Twitter with responding to people and defending his pieces. Better then the AFL journos who write utter s**t then forget about it.

Clint Thomas from the ABC is normally pretty good with it but he’s either leaving or left them to take on a media advisor job in politics I think
During the season Duffield was pretty good on Twitter with responding to people and defending his pieces. Better then the AFL journos who write utter s**t then forget about it.
Yeah Duffield when he goes on twitter which isn’t very often is normally very good about responding to questions etc.

I know that we have had reason to dislike the media in the past especially parasites like Hackdorn but The West has had excellent coverage of our girls all season which continued today.
Little promising signs are starting to emerge that perhaps we may start getting more even handed reporting apart from some obvious bone heads.

Nar don't get sucked into that mate. AFLW is being nursed and promoted to ensure it can't fail. Its the current climate tells you to encourage and tolerate it through the medium of media

Clint Thomas @ClintLThomas

8m

Wouldn’t be surprised if Michael Frederick was in the mix for an early debut for the Dockers. The sort of forward pressure and energy he brought during intraclub is so valuable. Has certainly got people’s attention within club.

Ryan Daniels @FootyRhino

9m

The @freodockers are making Michael Frederick available to media tomorrow morning. The hype is real folks, get on board!
Surely these 2 are freo men? Nothing but positivity on Twitter.

I know that we have had reason to dislike the media in the past especially parasites like Hackdorn but The West has had excellent coverage of our girls all season which continued today.
Little promising signs are starting to emerge that perhaps we may start getting more even handed reporting apart from some obvious bone heads.
The Dockers girls are winning. Hence the positivity from The West

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely these 2 are freo men? Nothing but positivity on Twitter.
I'm reasonably sure that Ryan Daniels is an Eagles fan.

Not really fussed about Duffield interacting on Twitter as his pieces are well researched and unemotional anyway.

Or maybe they're just good journos?

I am often amazed at how biased many of the AFL journos are compared to the NFL and other American sports. As I said this before, reminds me of the early days of NFL. It’ll change when the footy world gets serious about making money. I’ve been going to Packers games for almost 25 years and it’s amazing how the experience has changed. It’s now as family friendly as you can make a sporting event. It appeals to women and children more than ever. Can’t even make a scene anymore with out losing your tickets. It doesn’t make sense to prop up a handful of teams like the AFL does. More positive coverage = more fans. Right now the old guard runs the show. It’ll change.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am often amazed at how biased many of the AFL journos are compared to the NFL and other American sports. As I said this before, reminds me of the early days of NFL. It’ll change when the footy world gets serious about making money. I’ve been going to Packers games for almost 25 years and it’s amazing how the experience has changed. It’s now as family friendly as you can make a sporting event. It appeals to women and children more than ever. Can’t even make a scene anymore with out losing your tickets. It doesn’t make sense to prop up a handful of teams like the AFL does. More positive coverage = more fans. Right now the old guard runs the show. It’ll change.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Quite simple really.

Get the finance minister (wife) onside and the money will flow in.

Not really fussed about Duffield interacting on Twitter as his pieces are well researched and unemotional anyway.

Even still it doesn't mean people won't disagree. And I appreciate that he'll defend his pieces.

Yeah Ryan Daniels has surprised, I thought he’d be rusted on toast. Looks like he’s just a real journo, could do with more of them imo

I was chatting with Ryan Daniels at training a couple of weeks ago, and I'm surprised at how decent he was off camera. He was totally approachable, open and honest. A friend of mine who was at training with me knows him quite well, so I was formally introduced to him.

We chatted for a about 20 minutes whilst the team trained, until he and the rest of the media were kicked our due the match sims starting.

He openly admitted to being an Eagles supporter working for an Eagles eccentric media organisation. He even told me that Chief Editor of the West, Anthony De Ceglie, is a born and raised Fremantle boy and comes from a family of Freo supporters.

However, we all know the affiliation between Seven West Media and the West Coast Eagles, especially at board level, and we all know who their target audience is. I could say more, but I don't want to get Ryan into trouble. But let me tell you this, he feels our pain (at times).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back