Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately that 2007-2013 Geelong side and the 2012-2015 Hawthorn sides were always going to be very difficult to beat. Don’t care what anyone says - talent wise compared to us was worlds apart. We did well against Geelong because Ballantyne, Barlow, Sandilands and Pav would destroy them almost every time without fail.

I sometimes wonder if we’d had a second key forward (even Kepler would’ve been good) instead of Clarke and one of Ibbotson, C.Pearce, McPhee or even Broughton instead of Sutcliffe down back whether we would’ve won but I’m still of the opinion Ross Lyon couldn’t have done much more with what he had. I’m thankful for that as a Freo fan and will always remember Ross Lyon’s time here fondly.

Even if we just got to play Geelong in the Grand Final. It was a good rivalry while it lasted.

Fremantle Dockers coach Justin Longmuir flags all bar two players unavailable when AFL resumes
Headshot of Braden Quartermaine

Braden QuartermaineThe West Australian
Saturday, 4 April 2020 12:45PM
Braden Quartermaine

Stephen Hill will be back up and running for Round 2.
Stephen Hill will be back up and running for Round 2. Credit: Jackson Flindell/The Sunday Times

Fremantle could make eight to 10 changes for round two, if and when the competition re-starts later this year.
Dockers coach Justin Longmuir said he expected the club’s long injury list to all but disappear by the time footy re-emerges following the COVID-19 crisis.
With August looming as the best-case resumption scenario, forward Jesse Hogan (mental health) and defender Joel Hamling (ankle) are the only two players who might still be in doubt.
Fremantle went into round one also missing Stephen Hill (quad), Blake Acres (hamstring), David Mundy (leg), Alex Pearce (ankle), Nathan Wilson (toe) and Sam Switkowski (back).
SCROLL DOWN FOR FREO’S POTENTIAL ROUND 2 LINE-UP
Midfielder Connor Blakely and forward Brandon Matera will hope to fight back into the side after being left out of the season-opening loss to Essendon, while top-10 draft picks Hayden Young, Liam Henry and Caleb Serong will push to make their debuts.
“There’s so much water to go under the bridge, but I would think the only concern would be Joel Hamling at this stage,” Longmuir said.
“Joel and Jesse would be the only ones that would be questionable.”
The AFL is urging members to avoid asking clubs for refunds
While the AFL shutdown has bought the injured Dockers time, Longmuir said it had created problems with the treatment of players in rehab. Hill and Acres suffered significant injuries just before the shutdown.
“The guys in rehab are a difficult one at the moment because we’ve got limited physio that they can actually get,” Longmuir told ABC Radio.
“They can’t train in groups. It’s really hard for our fitness staff to guide them with what the AFL has put into place with their guidelines.”
Longmuir has met several of his players for one-on-one training sessions, but said under AFL rules that could only happen if the player requested it.
“I’ve left it open for players to reach out to me if they need help and some players have done that,” he said.
“I have caught up with them at the park and we have gone through a kicking program and a running program together.”
The rookie coach said the signs were “really positive” with Hogan, who was granted personal leave in January to deal with ongoing mental health issues.
“I’ve had some brief conversations with him, but probably left that more to Peter Bell,” he said.
“All indications are that he’s in a really good space mentally. Physically he’s going really well as well.
“We hope to bring him back into the group at some stage. When that happens is yet to be decided, but I’m really looking forward to that.”
FREMANTLE’S POTENTIAL TEAM FOR ROUND 2
(Inclusions in italics)
B: Ryan Pearce Conca
HB:Hill Logue Young
C:Acres Fyfe Aish
HF: Walters Taberner Schultz
F: Sturt Cox Mundy
Ruck: Lobb Tucker Cerra
Int: Brayshaw, Matera, Bewley, Wilson.

Fremantle Dockers football boss Peter Bell is confident player will come back ready to play
Mitchell WoodcockThe West Australian
Monday, 6 April 2020 6:47PM
Fremantle general manager of football Peter Bell is confident his players will return in shape and ready to play once the coronavirus-delayed AFL season resumes.
Players across the competition have been put on individual programs and are only allowed to train alongside one other teammate as per government regulations, with many working out of home gyms.
Bell said he trusted the Dockers and players across the entire competition to do the right thing while they were away from the clubs.
“The guys are really professional and they’ll be working really hard,” Bell told 6PR.
“No matter how hard they work in isolation it’s not going to be the same as working together at the club, that’s for sure, but I am confident that all the players from all the clubs will come back in very good shape, whenever that may be.
“And then if it means we are playing football in a compressed state, to get the season underway and get the season finished, then I am sure the guys will rise to the occasion.
“At the same time we have to make sure player health and safety is paramount.”
Fremantle fans would be buoyed by the fact that by the time the season does return, a number of players could be available to play after missing round one through injury.
This includes David Mundy, Alex Pearce, Stephen Hill, Blake Acres and Nathan Wilson.
Bell said it was difficult in the environment to make sure the injured players were still getting the intensive treatment they needed.
“It’s a fine line and a bit of a balancing act, but they are all going well,” he said.
“Some of those players may have been available round two if we have had got to a round two a couple of weeks ago.
“They are in a great space now, will continue to build and fingers crossed that when we do come back we will be close to full strength.”
While coach Justin Longmuir told ABC Radio at the weekend he had spoken to forward Jesse Hogan, who had been away from the club dealing with his mental health, Bell refused to say too much.
“I can’t say too much about Jesse, but he’s in a good space and we’ll continue to support him,” he said.

Well, I guess the whole club is getting shut down now. It was a good 25 years.
Waiting for this.. how did they get a cameraman there?
But Fyfe should’ve known better. It is a tricky line but still should display common sense and promote social distancing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s apparently driven a truck from lake grace to pick up some lime, went 4 a surf in between. So what?????

1. That there's a lot of people who seem to believe everytime you leave your house you're murdering 5 old people.

2. It's a good excuse to have a go at him if you already wanted to.

It's confusing because I still see people on social media in WA at the beach or talking about going to the beach but "making sure they keep apart", are all these people breaking the law or is it just because everyone can identify Fyfe

It's confusing because I still see people on social media in WA at the beach or talking about going to the beach but "making sure they keep apart", are all these people breaking the law or is it just because everyone can identify Fyfe

It apparently rests on the fact that Fyfe was meant to be in Lake Grace, and was only in Margaret River working his dads trucking company.

With that said the beaches aren't closed, to my knowledge there's nothing that says a person in a different region for work cannot engage in legal recreational activities and even if there is there's no harm being prevented by only having Margaret River's beaches open for residents instead of all people in the region at that point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back