Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see us win away from home and cope a bit better when the oppo puts on a lot of pressure.

My other thought is that being the best team outside 8/finals isn't much of an accolade. "Hey, you're good ... but not really good enough"

His thought process on that would simply be that we are currently 9th thus the best team sitting outside the 8, he is as reactionary as we are.

I mean, he ain't wrong.

His thought process on that would simply be that we are currently 9th thus the best team sitting outside the 8, he is as reactionary as we are.

Also thinking how he can get more people to like him. He's got WC on side, as a WA reporter, what can he say to make us feel good about him. He's a conceited grub.

Last edited:
Agree, the podcast has suffered greatly with his inclusion.
Its an odd one, its almost like they brought him in to fill in and then are too nice to kick him out. At the very least, he's absolutely not worth breaking up your share of the income into a third over a half

Its an odd one, its almost like they brought him in to fill in and then are too nice to kick him out. At the very least, he's absolutely not worth breaking up your share of the income into a third over a half

I'd like to see us win away from home and cope a bit better when the oppo puts on a lot of pressure.

My other thought is that being the best team outside 8/finals isn't much of an accolade. "Hey, you're good ... but not really good enough"
But these things can turn - remember the perennial Ninthmond?

Fox have a bunch of buffoons working as experts.Dunsatll is a total tool,Brereton is a egomaniac.The couch mob are out to see who can out do ech other.
Robbo is a tool.
Their commentators are 33 grade.
I refuse to watch the show on Nine.
There needs to be a revolt from around Australia.Stop all the revolting parasites that try to feed us all bullshit.
tbh i think its fueling a trend towards the purple reign and the re-stump podcast.

Controversial opinion i quite like mark readings. Hes not malicious towards freo. He does like talking about freo. Hes is biased but basically everyone is. for example afl exchange, afl 360, one the couch (except the token effort in good the bad and the ugly), two fox footy podcasts have now failed to talk about freo for approximately 5 weeks, i think.

tbh i think its fueling a trend towards the purple reign and the re-stump podcast.

Controversial opinion i quite like mark readings. Hes not malicious towards freo. He does like talking about freo. Hes is biased but basically everyone is. for example afl exchange, afl 360, one the couch (except the token effort in good the bad and the ugly), two fox footy podcasts have now failed to talk about freo for approximately 5 weeks, i think.

My issue with Readings is that his analysis of the game is incredibly poor, if a team wins the week before they are back and if they lose they are in trouble. Same with players, good game = good player bad game = bad player. Duff and Quarters have a much better view on the game as a whole and tend not to get sucked into the classic reactionary takes.

I actually don't care if a media personality thinks we are s**t as long as they can back it up with good reasons, hell I don't even care we aren't talked about as really we are pretty forgettable at the moment outside of one HUGE baby shaped human.

In summary Readings is just s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My issue with Readings is that his analysis of the game is incredibly poor, if a team wins the week before they are back and if they lose they are in trouble. Same with players, good game = good player bad game = bad player. Duff and Quarters have a much better view on the game as a whole and tend not to get sucked into the classic reactionary takes.

I actually don't care if a media personality thinks we are sh*t as long as they can back it up with good reasons, hell I don't even care we aren't talked about as really we are pretty forgettable at the moment outside of one HUGE baby shaped human.

In summary Readings is just sh*t.
Great summary of Readings. To be quite frank I just don’t care about his opinion. It means nothing to me, he offers no insight into Footy whatsoever that can’t be gotten on Twitter let alone Bigfooty. Cleary the lads are too nice to get rid of him now they are both back on air.
Isn’t he just a newsreader who likes sport? At least Duff and Quarters have been around footy for years

Yeah, it's like he's volunteered to be the designated work carpooler for the boys, and they just don't have the heart to kick him out on account of this gesture of good will! =P

I stopped listening regularly once he became a regular. It’s more of a chemistry thing. I liked how Duff and Quarters played off each other. When MR talks he just seems so “high and mighty”. Maybe it’s his voice. Maybe it’s cuz he’s a dick. Either way, I liked the more casual banter between D & Q.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I stopped listening regularly once he became a regular. It’s more of a chemistry thing. I liked how Duff and Quarters played off each other. When MR talks he just seems so “high and mighty”. Maybe it’s his voice. Maybe it’s cuz he’s a dick. Either way, I liked the more casual banter between D & Q.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I quite like Reading on the podcast actually, and was hoping they'd keep him once Quarters was back. I think it's partly just having another voice to stop things getting too samey.

I agree with a couple of previous opinions that he comes off a little more conceited than Duff or Quarters but also that he's not really malicious towards Freo.

His 'Connections' joke was pretty cringe in the latest pod though, bit of a relic of a bygone era.

I quite like Reading on the podcast actually, and was hoping they'd keep him once Quarters was back. I think it's partly just having another voice to stop things getting too samey.

I agree with a couple of previous opinions that he comes off a little more conceited than Duff or Quarters but also that he's not really malicious towards Freo.

His 'Connections' joke was pretty cringe in the latest pod though, bit of a relic of a bygone era.
Yeah I was quite surprised he was able to get away with that actually!
It’s when he refers to Duff as a Fremantle “sympathiser” that really irks me.
He’s a ******* supporter mate not a sympathiser.

Duff should just retort with, "and you're a Gaff sympathiser!"

Early on the season, Readings would constantly talk about how 'poor' GWS played in our round 2 win. Every f*^ing week. There was never any credit given to our performance. When we comprehensively beat someone - GWS, Hawks, Kangas, Gold Coast (in the second half) - it was mostly down to the other team being poor.

Additionally, I remember him calling Treacy's tackle in the preseason as 'pretty ordinary' and deserved of a suspension, and then the week later talking down Reid's hit on Fyfe when he wasn't watching the ball. Sam Reid's hit on Fyfe was the epitome of 'ordinary'.

Regardless, they're good value and it's nice to have a podcast focused on WA footy.

Dunstall is ok, he did recommend Clarko for the Hawks coaching job.
He's actually quite a smart operator
Big fan of him, love when he commentates us. He has commentated quite a few of our games last year and this year, and i think he's come to like us a bit. He never lets a good freo moment go, and he talks up the players who never get talked about. I'm genuinely appreciative of his voice when it comes to us.
what was the connections joke??
and i'm siding with those who don't like readings, he's come in and thinks the he runs the show. You can hear him smirking and turning his nose up to freo. it's really disappointing as it was one of the only sources in WA where i think freo got a genuine fair go and some fair analysis that isn't coming from faking neutrality. I haven't listened to it in a long time, and also Josh needs to be humbled, he's such a ********

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back