FTA-TV The Missing

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished it last night and loved it. The party footage from the house next door was absolutely chilling, but there was a pervading sense of dread throughout every scene. I love that British/European series choose actors that suit roles rather than those that just look good. All of the performances were very convincing and I loved Baptiste!

With the ending, I'm utterly convinced that Tony has just gone crazy ... he has lost everything in his whole life and now even his mind.

Just finished it last night and loved it. The party footage from the house next door was absolutely chilling, but there was a pervading sense of dread throughout every scene. I love that British/European series choose actors that suit roles rather than those that just look good. All of the performances were very convincing and I loved Baptiste!

With the ending, I'm utterly convinced that Tony has just gone crazy ... he has lost everything in his whole life and now even his mind.

I cant come to terms with the ending surely because it was so horrifying for Tony...the further away from my viewing the more sad I feel for him.

I thought the ending was befitting. It would have been too "American" if the son had been found alive. Overall, I give this series 9.5/10. It was done exceptionally well, with no lulls in the suspense and drama, and twists right up to the last hour.

Incidentally, a second series is ins store so we may yet find out what happened to Oliver, although the writers won't say if series 2 will be a continuation or new story line.
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/nov/30/bbc-1-drama-the-missing-return-second-series
You complain about someone not using spoilers on the first page then you post this???

I know what you mean. I desperately want him to be alive as well. The pain on Tony's face (regardless of whatever emotion he is exhibiting) in every scene of the series is unbearable.

The leap from the final scene at the wedding where he seems to have come to terms with the loss and then to Russia how many years later shows how it has just haunted him....anywho, be interesting to see what happens with the Golden Globes and the Missing.

You complain about someone not using spoilers on the first page then you post this???
Seeds, I don't even know how you do a spoiler. Showing my age.
I will learn

Argh started watching The Fall...think I should have gone this.

Met Nisbett a few years back at a pub in Melbourne watching the Champions League final.
He comes across as a good bloke. I liked his character on Cold Feet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to start the new season tomorrow, looking forward to it as I enjoyed season 1.

Off topic has anyone watched the BBC mini series And There Were None? top notch mystery drama.

Anyone with kids....chilling....that last scene still gives me chills up my back and neck.

Yeah, I git kids, know what you mean. I loved the writing, the suspense they built. Very satisfying series.

You watched first episode of season 2 yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back