The most DAMNING stat from the Round 3 loss to Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We were fielding the fifth-oldest and fifth-most experienced team in the competition last weekend.

Team | Ave age | Ave games

Adel | 26y 107d | 109
Geel | 26y 23d | 110

Coll | 26y 83d | 112
Eagles | 26y 97d | 116

North | 25y 306d | 107
Hawks | 25y 267d | 98

Bris | 25y 49d | 96
Port | 25y 66d | 102

GWS | 25y 243d | 93
Rich | 24y 103d | 84

Mel | 24y 283d | 82
Ess | 25y 110d | 85

Carl | 24y 287d | 81
Syd | 24y 321d | 98

Freo | 24y 310d | 80
StK | 24y 202d | 74

Dogs | 24y 105d | 74
Suns | 24y 9d | 67

All stats from AFL tables

You might have noticed that I've ordered the games from oldest/most experienced to youngest/least experienced.

Average age and experience is only one set of stats, there's more to footy than this, but the correlation is there every season.

And for good reason. Most of the game is played between the ears. Older heads generally equal wiser heads. It is common sense.

The stats for Rd 3 bear this out. As usual, there is an obvious correlation between age/experience and on-field success.

Geelong, Collingwood, West Coast all look likely to go deep into September.

The obvious outliers are us and Adelaide (underachievers) and the Dogs / Suns (overachievers).

When you look at it like this, we are in strife. Only Adelaide looks to be in as much trouble as we are.

This weekend is make or break for both North and Adelaide. The loser is staring down the barrel of years in the wilderness.

Boy I hope we don't get ambushed.

xHVB03R.png

I'll give you another damning stat:

0 replies

I declare this here ye yah thread is for the tip :stern look

Nah mate, great stat. We are all just apathetic at the moment. Thanks for making a s**t week even shitter.:moustache:

What that says to me is we have cleaned out and recruited well in a short period of time.
Pitty that talent will be wasted under the leadership of BS.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I'll give you another damning stat:

0 replies

I declare this here ye yah thread is for the tip :stern look

No one is surprised is all. Same same but different.
Used to be all quality super old blokes and promising early/mid 20's with no kids.
Now it's a few quality blokes around thirty, a truckload of mostly mediocre mid/late 20's and a smattering of teenagers.

This weekend is make or break for both North and Adelaide. The loser is staring down the barrel of years in the wilderness.
I feel sorry for Adelaide supporters.

Robbed by a blatant fix in 2017 and absolute trash ever since.

Last night they were horrendous.

They're in big trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back