Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Some weapons yes.

Some probably, but I have zero doubt that the US are miles ahead in general. They have no reason at all to show their cutting edge defence technology. They’re under no threat at all.

s**t, I suspect all the UFO Stuff they’re releasing isnt aliens, but some new technology the military industrial complex has developed.

🔴 BREAKING: Five Chinese nationals have been killed in an explosion when their convoy was attacked by a suicide bomber in northwest Pakistan, says a top police officer https://aje.io/6bouyt

This is largely an over-simplification, but in the India v Pakistan conflict, it has traditionally been the USA with India, and China with Pakistan. Not least of all because India and China also have disputed territory in the Aksai Chin and Kashmir regions.

If the China-Pakistan relationship falls apart, it will be interesting to see if that emboldens India to make a concerted push into Kashmir, whilst being careful not to upset the status quo with Aksai Chin.

When will the Ceasefire come into effect? The language out of the US seems to have shifted from complete support for Israel

Possibly not until the us stops giving them ammo

BBC.COM live reporting

1. Fighting is continuing in the Gaza Strip despite the first UN Security Council resolution calling for a ceasefire passing on Monday
  2. The resolution, which also called for the release of all hostages, followed several failed attempts at similar measures since the 7 October attacks
  3. The US abstained from the vote - allowing the motion to pass - leading Israel to cancel a meeting in Washington
  4. The Israeli Prime Minister's office said on Tuesday it Israel will not surrender to Hamas' "delusional" ceasefire demands
  5. In Gaza, witnesses say Israeli warplanes bombed the southern city of Rafah. Palestinian media report at least 18 people were killed in an air strike on a residential building
  6. Elsewhere, fierce gun battles raged around hospitals in nearby Khan Younis and Gaza City

This is largely an over-simplification, but in the India v Pakistan conflict, it has traditionally been the USA with India, and China with Pakistan. Not least of all because India and China also have disputed territory in the Aksai Chin and Kashmir regions.

If the China-Pakistan relationship falls apart, it will be interesting to see if that emboldens India to make a concerted push into Kashmir, whilst being careful not to upset the status quo with Aksai Chin.

India is doing a good job of remaining fairly neutral imo. Despite postering, they have a pretty stable relationship with US/China/Russia and the ME. They seem to have a similar strategy as China, they’re playing the long game.

India is doing a good job of remaining fairly neutral imo. Despite postering, they have a pretty stable relationship with US/China/Russia and the ME. They seem to have a similar strategy as China, they’re playing the long game.
They've had border skirmishes with China for years. Their soldiers fight with sticks and rocks in the DMZ (ie no proper weapons) between their countries and dozens get killed every few years in skirmishes. Its pretty chaotic, they don't formally agree on where their border is.

The wannabe nazi running their country doesn't like Muslims much tho.

They've had border skirmishes with China for years. Their soldiers fight with sticks and rocks in the DMZ (ie no proper weapons) between their countries and dozens get killed every few years in skirmishes. Its pretty chaotic, they don't formally agree on where their border is.

The wannabe nazi running their country doesn't like Muslims much tho.

Yeah I know, but I’m talking more broadly. For example, look how they haven’t been drawn into the two major conflicts going on at the moment, but similar to china they have done what’s best for India in the grand scheme of things.

Also similar to China they use the the excuse of being a developing country to continue to grow by using fossil fuels and be a destination for big western business wanting cheaper off shore manufacturing.

Add to that their growing population..they’re going to be a force in about 20/30 years. The difference between them and china is that despite China’s huge population, they’re an aging population because of the disastrous one child era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I know, but I’m talking more broadly. For example, look how they haven’t been drawn into the two major conflicts going on at the moment, but similar to china they have done what’s best for India in the grand scheme of things.
Fair enough. They're both old cultures and can see their stocks rising so I reckon they'll have the patience to wait. The end iof this century will probably see them as the two superpowers of the world. Its probably good that the Himalayas is between them.

Also similar to China they use the the excuse of being a developing country to continue to grow by using fossil fuels and be a destination for big western business wanting cheaper off shore manufacturing.

Add to that their growing population..they’re going to be a force in about 20/30 years. The difference between them and China is that despite their huge population, they’re an aging population because of the disastrous one child era.
China could be in a world of s**t in about 50 years. Maybe less, cos of that demographic issue.

China could be in a world of s**t in about 50 years. Maybe less, cos of that demographic issue.

Could be, but they still have the numbers and are ruled by a dictator, so unlike democracies changing leadership every four or so years, Xi can play the long game and if a nuffy like me can see the problem, he would most likely have had a plan in place years ago.

Fair enough. They're both old cultures and can see their stocks rising so I reckon they'll have the patience to wait. The end iof this century will probably see them as the two superpowers of the world. Its probably good that the Himalayas is between them.

I guess we’ll never know because we’ll both be dead 😂.

Powers rise and fall, that’s the way it’s always been. Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece, Rome, Byzantines, Khans.. on and on.

Could be, but they still have the numbers and are ruled by a dictator, so unlike democracies changing leadership every four or so years, Xi can play the long game and if a nuffy like me can see the problem, he would most likely have had a plan in place years ago.
They basically need a baby boom. Remember the Howard gov baby bonus? That was because they looked ahead and saw a similar issue. Dunno if it will help or not but that's the sort of thing China is facing.

India don't need anyone's help. Good on them. Looking after themselves and not others.

Do you honestly believe that Russia is more advanced in weapons technology than the US?

On hypersonic missiles I know they are

I note Chadwiko laughing, why don't you go and google US hypersonic missile programs and post the results

Some probably, but I have zero doubt that the US are miles ahead in general. They have no reason at all to show their cutting edge defence technology. They’re under no threat at all.

s**t, I suspect all the UFO Stuff they’re releasing isnt aliens, but some new technology the military industrial complex has developed.

The US is more advances on the IT/networking level for sure, they have more and better satellite ISR.

But they have no equivalent of Khnizal or Zircon.

Just for when Chadwiko goes missing which he usually does when his nasty little US supremacist world-view is punctured by facts.

The US lags behind Russia on hypersonic missiles.

Last edited:

Just for when Chadwiko goes missing which he usually does when his nasty little US supremacist world-view is punctured by facts.

The US lags behind Russia on hypersonic.
Don't think for a moment that I am entering the debate between you 2 blokes, and they may well lag behind in the Hypersonic, but they did lead the way in the Automatic, Systematic and Hydromatic :cool:
1711498997890.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back