Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Shield wickets too difficult this year or has the batting just regressed across the board? There have been a whole lot of low-scoring matches. There have been easily more innings all out for less than 200 than there have been innings over 300.

Are the Shield wickets too difficult this year or has the batting just regressed across the board? There have been a whole lot of low-scoring matches.
Can’t say I’ve watched any shield cricket this year but I’d be leaning towards the latter. Our batting cupboard (outside the test squad) has been pretty empty for a few years now.

Can’t say I’ve watched any shield cricket this year but I’d be leaning towards the latter. Our batting cupboard (outside the test squad) has been pretty empty for a few years now.

Yeah aside from Bancroft, Whiteman and Hardie the batting for WA has been poo, but I meant across the entire comp. South Australia were all out for 132 and QLD are 4-58 in reply. A lot of the top bowlers have incredible averages: Paris 13.5, Tremain 16.3, Gabe Bell 17.1, McAndrew 21.2, Fergus O’Neill 16.8. And very few batters averaging 40+.

Yeah aside from Bancroft, Whiteman and Hardie the batting for WA has been poo, but I meant across the entire comp. South Australia were all out for 132 and QLD are 4-58 in reply. A lot of the top bowlers have incredible averages: Paris 13.5, Tremain 16.3, Gabe Bell 17.1, McAndrew 21.2, Fergus O’Neill 16.8. And very few batters averaging 40+.
That’s what I mean as well, the batting in shield cricket across all states has declined a lot in recent years.

The days of blokes scoring 20 first class centuries before their first baggy green are long behind us.

There's been a huge number of result wickets this season in the shield. A few seasons of teams batting almost 5 sessions and being contempt with draws I guess finally hit a nerve.

Not a huge fan of Goodwin being listed at 3. Another kid being thrown into the deep end. We need one of the senior to take that responsibility. Great opportunity for Hardie if he wants to push for higher honours
A simultaneous Anti-Dazzler and Dazzlering in the one post.

Last edited:
Good partnership with Goodwin and Cartwright. This lineup does bat pretty deep (Rocchiccioli is all the way down at 11) so hopefully WA can go into the second innings with a pretty handy lead.

Is it just me or has Hardie really fallen away since he was made captain of the Scorchers?

Not that that should affect him in the other formats.
Just seems like he started off the BBL in cracking form and has really slipped away.
Yep been very average since the start of the year in every format.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Ashwin has pulled out of the India/England 3rd test due family reasons. Hope all turns out. All the best.

But with all the injuries, with Kohli out for personal reasons and now the #1 bowler out and only replaceable as a fielder, England will never get a better chance to win a test and a series in India.

I'm no fan of how India doctor pitches (yes everyone does it to a greater or lesser extent. Except Australia who keep producing the same pitches in the same locations time after time.) but by f*** I hate that hypocritical c*** Ben 'moral victory, spirit of the game, win at all costs' Stokes.

Philippe alternates between absolutely crunching balls to the boundary, and then looking absolutely lost out there

So Ashwin has pulled out of the India/England 3rd test due family reasons. Hope all turns out. All the best.

But with all the injuries, with Kohli out for personal reasons and now the #1 bowler out and only replaceable as a fielder, England will never get a better chance to win a test and a series in India.

I'm no fan of how India doctor pitches (yes everyone does it to a greater or lesser extent. Except Australia who keep producing the same pitches in the same locations time after time.) but by f*** I hate that hypocritical c*** Ben 'moral victory, spirit of the game, win at all costs' Stokes.
Pitches in this series have actually been pretty good to be fair, been too flat if anything.

1 run for the match, get him in the test side.

I don’t have a problem with the idea that he has the talent to play test cricket eventually, but at the moment he just tries to drive everything and good bowlers can use his aggressiveness against him. If we are talking about fast-scoring batsmen getting a run in test cricket I’d much prefer Matt Short, who had some really good results in Shield cricket the second half of last year and bats with a more controlled aggression than JFM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back