Oppo Camp The Non-North FOOTY DISCUSSION ONLY & Matchday Chat Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fit Wood has the potential to be better than curnow. There i said it. Come at me. I don't give a s**t where he was drafted or the fact that he plays for Carlton. The reality is after him they have that spud casboult so he will look better because they'll kick it to him nonstop. Wood stays fit and he has more upside.

Just back on Carlton,

Yeah they have a handful of outstanding youngsters, but that’s about it. Crips, Curnow, SPS, Dow, Weitering, Marchbank

Jury is out on Garlett, Pickett, Mcreadie & Kennedy.

Silvagni is overrated, Mullet, Ploughman, Byrne, Fisher & lamb aren't taking them anywhere. Kreuzer, Murphy, Thomas, Casboult & Simpson won't be there when they're any good. And their vfl side is full of spuds.

Way off it

Their argument is that 2 reprimands = a fine for men but suspension for women because the league thought women’s pay would be affected too much by fines. They might have a point but otoh 2 sling tackles in 7 weeks is well worth a suspension imho. I like Brennan but they’ve gone off the deep end.

Can't say as that I understand their point. It's a different league with different rules and regulations. They agreed to the rules, knew the rules, and were expected to play to the rules. And the punishments for breaking those rules were also known and agreed to.

Saying it's gender discrimination is horseshit, pardon my language. She plays in the AFLW, not the AFL. If she played in the AFL and was punished this way then she would have a case.

I don't understand their decision at all. They're not even contending that she was wrongfully punished, they're protesting that the RULES themselves are discriminatory. If they were seeking an injunction or something at the same time to try and get her playing then I could let it go, it would simply be a club trying all they can to get their player into the grand final.

I'm actually mildly angry about this which surprises me. I think it's because I suspect that to a lot of people this will put them off the sport or reinforce certain stereotypical notions. Such a mess.

Just back on Carlton,

Yeah they have a handful of outstanding youngsters, but that’s about it. Crips, Curnow, SPS, Dow, Weitering, Marchbank

Jury is out on Garlett, Pickett, Mcreadie & Kennedy.

Silvagni is overrated, Mullet, Ploughman, Byrne, Fisher & lamb aren't taking them anywhere. Kreuzer, Murphy, Thomas, Casboult & Simpson won't be there when they're any good. And their vfl side is full of spuds.

Way off it
Wouldnt be including Weitering in the outstanding bracket. Had a great first year but done bugger all since. Totally lacking confidence at the moment.

Wouldnt be including Weitering in the outstanding bracket. Had a great first year but done bugger all since. Totally lacking confidence at the moment.

Fair enough. I think he’s got the talent but I’d happily be proven wrong. Very happy as there’s a few people I can’t stand that are Carlton supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my god what a s**t game.

Well some good parts....like Hooker, Hurley and superstar Daniher spudding it up.

my god what a s**t game.

Well some good parts....like Hooker, Hurley and superstar Daniher spudding it up.

Really hit and miss for mine. Game is really energetic but skill errors galore. Umpires and commentators dragging it down . It's such a shame. The actual sport is great, but the product is so deficient.

Really hit and miss for mine. Game is really energetic but skill errors galore. Umpires and commentators dragging it down . It's such a shame. The actual sport is great, but the product is so deficient.
Making Carlton look top 4 material :)

I thought it was a nice bump. :)
Looked really well executed especially when compared to ones in past years. He got himself pretty low so as to try not to clip Merret on the chin.

If he did hit him high though then that is that and he gets punished. I couldn't see anything definitive, personally. I thought his hand might have clipped him but i wouldn't wager anything on it either way. The commentary really pissed me off to be honest, a persistent theme tonight.

Looked really well executed especially when compared to ones in past years. He got himself pretty low so as to try not to clip Merret on the chin.

If he did hit him high though then that is that and he gets punished. I couldn't see anything definitive, personally. I thought his hand might have clipped him but i wouldn't wager anything on it either way. The commentary really pissed me off to be honest, a persistent theme tonight.
I can see the narrative already TBH.

No doubt that flog Maclure will run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back