Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Random question: I'm heading down for the Round 9 game against the Dogs; first time to Geelong. What's the best way to go about getting 4 tickets together? I'm a full member, other three aren't. Don;t ever get to see many games, and have just about zero knowledge of how ticketing works in general.

Random question: I'm heading down for the Round 9 game against the Dogs; first time to Geelong. What's the best way to go about getting 4 tickets together? I'm a full member, other three aren't. Don;t ever get to see many games, and have just about zero knowledge of how ticketing works in general.
You will struggle to get four tickets I'd say but your best chance is to log on to Ticketmaster as soon as they go on sale (9am on 8 March). Buying member + non-member is no issue (you just enter your barcode so you get a discount and buy the others at full price). There is limited seating at the ground that is not season ticket holders though.

You will struggle to get four tickets I'd say but your best chance is to log on to Ticketmaster as soon as they go on sale (9am on 8 March). Buying member + non-member is no issue (you just enter your barcode so you get a discount and buy the others at full price). There is limited seating at the ground that is not season ticket holders though.
And add to that the doggies game is the opening of the new stand. Should be a jam packed crowd.

You will struggle to get four tickets I'd say but your best chance is to log on to Ticketmaster as soon as they go on sale (9am on 8 March). Buying member + non-member is no issue

I can't get the members tickets which go on sale two days earlier? I'd only be able to do that for myself? I imagined that's how it worked but hoped it would allow me to get a few others.

I'll just get in early as possible and see how I go. Cheers.

I can't get the members tickets which go on sale two days earlier? I'd only be able to do that for myself? I imagined that's how it worked but hoped it would allow me to get a few others.

I'll just get in early as possible and see how I go. Cheers.
Ah s**t. I might have given you the wrong date. Yes, go when the members tickets go on sale and you should be able to buy extras for your non-member mates.

Ah s**t. I might have given you the wrong date. Yes, go when the members tickets go on sale and you should be able to buy extras for your non-member mates.
May be transfer his post to the official cats thread and see what the boys suggest if they ever return, that's something they should be able to respond to as to getting 4 seats together.Just a suggestion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Blicavs won a b&f but I don't rate him that highly. I also don't rate 18 or so of the votes that give him said b&f half of them probably aren't even at the club anymore.

Guthrie is good. The only successful developed player from this coaching committee so far. Blicavs and Duncans are liabilities in their roles and would suit less responsibility aka reassign them to a bottom 10-22 role and stop looking at them as top 5 players.

Once again our sport is open to ridicule around the rules it is governed by.

[
THE AFL has no intention of scrapping the 'third man up' rule but will seek feedback from clubs on how to adjudicate anomalies with the controversial change.

Problems with the rule, which requires teams to nominate a ruckman before each boundary throw-in or ball-up, have been exposed over the JLT Community Series.

Adelaide midfielder Dean Gore was penalised when he was hit by a shallow throw-in against Geelong, while North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell also gave away a free kick under the new rule.

Introduced to eliminate the 'third man up' at ruck contests, the rule does not allow for a player outside each teams' ruckman to touch the ball, even if a throw-in doesn't travel to the contest.

AFL director of umpiring Peter Schwab said the rule would not be scaled back to once again allow a 'third man up', but tweaks could be made ahead of the final weekend of the pre-season series.

"It's a little bit unusual, so we'll just be asking the clubs if the player who gets hit by the ball is passive and not looking to impact the ruck contest should we just be calling play on?" Schwab said. ]

Interesting to see Scooter elevated to the leadership group - we don't know what happens behind closed doors, but I would have thought with his injury history over recent years we would have allowed him the chance to focus on his footy without the extra pressure of being in the leadership group

Interesting to see Scooter elevated to the leadership group - we don't know what happens behind closed doors, but I would have thought with his injury history over recent years we would have allowed him the chance to focus on his footy without the extra pressure of being in the leadership group

Its not much of a surprise-a lot of the players have talked about his leadership both last year when in rehab and during this season. He sounds like a strong leader.

Happy to see guthrie in there also.

Couldn't think of anywhere else to put it without creating a thread for it.
Bits and pieces from the season launch

So stand is on time and on budget and we'll be debt free by season's end but apparently If we're crap this season under Scott then Cook should fall on his sword. Ha ha, the stuff you read on BF :D

Don't forget he was WC vice captain a few years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back