Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So stand is on time and on budget and we'll be debt free by season's end but apparently If we're crap this season under Scott then Cook should fall on his sword. Ha ha, the stuff you read on BF :D
Preety sure there's only one poster out of 200+?? who's ever said that.
Apparently the "greedy and corrupt" Unions were going to delay the stand for wanting fair conditions.
Quite a few were saying that.
Preety easily sucked in by a scare tactic from Kane and the club.
Bet everyone who relies on weekend penalty rates to get by wouldn't have minded the CMFEU on their side.

Preety sure there's only one poster out of 200+?? who's ever said that.
Apparently the "greedy and corrupt" Unions were going to delay the stand for wanting fair conditions.
Quite a few were saying that.
Preety easily sucked in by a scare tactic from Kane and the club.
Bet everyone who relies on weekend penalty rates to get by wouldn't have minded the CMFEU on their side.
Barking up the wrong tree trying to get union sympathy here. Sorry.

I don't and I don't intend on a union debate, I know where the SRP board is.
Fair enough I don't either. It's just a bit strange that it's on time ( possibly early) and on budget yet no mention of the ridiculous and completely out of line comments the club made last year.

Thought it was a thread about anything.
This is the football board so it's anything football related not worthy of its own thread.

There are other boards for non-football discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day, a question for the motre historically observant poster/s.

Re: the events following North beating Geelong in round 5 of 2007, when Simpson picked up 41 disposals after Thompson declared it was a waste of time tagging him. I have seen this match referred to as the game that turned Geelong around and set them on a course for sustained success over the next 5 years. There were reports that this was initiated by a player led movement with Mark Thompson, which resulted in tweaking team tactics.

Can anyone:

a) Clarify this?
b) Give some details of these events?

Re: the events following North beating Geelong in round 5 of 2007, when Simpson picked up 41 disposals after Thompson declared it was a waste of time tagging him. I have seen this match referred to as the game that turned Geelong around and set them on a course for sustained success over the next 5 years. There were reports that this was initiated by a player led movement with Mark Thompson, which resulted in tweaking team tactics.

Can anyone:

a) Clarify this?
Yeah it happened. Chappy had the shits after the game and went off his nut at everyone.

Can anyone:

a) Clarify this?

I do know that in the week following the match, the players were shown highlights of Joel Selwood from the North Melbourne game. I think it was to highlight that a bloke in his fifth game was the best on ground for Geelong and to motivate the other players to lift themselves to the standards of an 18-year-old.

I guess it worked, because we kicked 222 the next week and won by 167 points

“I’ll tell what I did give a bit of thought to, is the fact that Richmond have won an inordinate number of games in a row at the MCG, and we’re facing that sort of scenario again,” Scott said on SEN.

“There is every possibility that Richmond could play their last seven games at their home venue at the MCG, not qualify for a home final, but play their first final at their home venue for the eighth time in a row."

In 2017 the Tigers finished third but their qualifying final against the second-placed Cats was played at Richmond's home ground in front of a pro-Tigers crowd of 95,028 fans.

“I think there is some paranoia around the competition about home ground advantage because everyone acknowledges how important it is," Scott said.

“If you told someone in the US for example that a team could play at the Grand Final venue for the last seven times in a row and then not qualify for a home final but still play the MCG, I think they would laugh at us.”

Richmond was fixtured to play its final seven home-and-away matches at the MCG, including two away games against Collingwood and Melbourne, after just six MCG fixtures in the first 16 rounds.

Scotty with Spazz Cat wet dream of quotes today. First providing categorical proof the clubs stance on home matches now going in on home finals too, and even a drive by for Richmond’s ridiculous fixture.

God bless Scotty.

Scotty with Spazz Cat wet dream of quotes today. First providing categorical proof the clubs stance on home matches now going in on home finals too, and even a drive by for Richmond’s ridiculous fixture.

God bless Scotty.
Got a quote yet mate of when we've asked for those 11 games. Just the one? From the CEO, The AFL, the President, The Captain? Shane Kersten?
Come back and mention me when you do.
Just one tiny little quote. Anything.

Got a quote yet mate of when we've asked for those 11 games. Just the one? From the CEO, The AFL, the President, The Captain? Shane Kersten?
Come back and mention me when you do.
Just one tiny little quote. Anything.
You’re Lt Onoda aren’t you lol

Konichiwa Bitches!
Why are you so hellbent on this when you just can't find the tiniest little crumb of information? Not a morsel. It's bizarre.
Come back in 3 or 4 years maybe.
Maybe? Ill see you then. Maybe
Cos you’re so blind to what clearly is the position of the club. Scott said it this morning, said it should be industry wide knowledge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back