The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm going all retro and watching 90s Aussie classic heartbreak high on Netflix. Was before my time when on channel 10 and ABC

E Street was better. It had everything, serial killers, gangsters, decent babes, Reverend Bob etc 👍👍👍

Any idea if that's on any of the streaming platforms?

Unfortunately no. Think they have a dvd boxset of the first 100 something episodes, which costs over 100 dollars, but am hoping someone like Stan or Amazon Prime (which have a great backlog of classic Aussie shows and content) can pick it up sometime.

images

Melissa Tkautz as Nikki on E Street was my first real TV Crush, she was smoking hot in E Street (still is)

Unfortunately no. Think they have a dvd boxset of the first 100 something episodes, which costs over 100 dollars, but am hoping someone like Stan or Amazon Prime (which have a great backlog of classic Aussie shows and content) can pick it up sometime.

images

Melissa Tkautz as Nikki on E Street was my first real TV Crush, she was smoking hot in E Street (still is)
Another show I recently did a random search to see if it was on anywhere was the 90s version of Gladiators after my 4 year old got me watching Floor is Lava

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what levels that goes down to. Not sure how many non league sides are left in the FA Cup but would they be allowed in the cup with a cancelled league?
Who's cancelled their leagues?

Will they be able to finish them if they're stopped for 6 weeks? What was the final outcome for them last season when there was the 3 month break?
Is this lockdown for 6 weeks? I'm not really up on the news, which is why I'm asking if anyone's cancelled. If they haven't and all players get tested then don't see why they can't play in the Cup which is this weekend.

This is also a good 2-3 months earlier than last time so if leagues did need to stop there's a bit more time to cram games in.

On the same token theres more football to complete if there is a shut down. Situation is worse this time round for me with not even half the season complete.

Wonder what levels that goes down to. Not sure how many non league sides are left in the FA Cup but would they be allowed in the cup with a cancelled league?

Elite sport that is prepared to meet the conditions required gets an exemption. I doubt clubs from L1 & below will be able to meet those requirements.

One thing that is certain is that elite sport under a covid safe program does not spread the virus. That much is proven.

Elite sport that is prepared to meet the conditions required gets an exemption. I doubt clubs from L1 & below will be able to meet those requirements.

One thing that is certain is that elite sport under a covid safe program does not spread the virus. That much is proven.

Hopefully L1 can limp along to the 23 game mark so that at least half the season has been completed.

Hopefully L1 can limp along to the 23 game mark so that at least half the season has been completed.

Really hope so but they must be hurting financially. If only they were allowed to generate revenue whilst cinemas, bowling alleys etc were allowed to operate. I suspect most would baulk at the costs associated with elite sport covidsafe requirements.

What are the other winter sports (mainly rugby) doing?

Is this lockdown for 6 weeks? I'm not really up on the news, which is why I'm asking if anyone's cancelled. If they haven't and all players get tested then don't see why they can't play in the Cup which is this weekend.
It's not cancelled yet but a lot of league 2 and below club's have 26 games to fit in between late Feb and early May.

And that's making them to straight into games with 6 weeks away from club's. If they give them a 2 week training block to get back in it becomes 26 games from mid March to at best late May. It would be possible 26 games in 10-12 weeks but with the lack of money on the line nobody would be forcing the issue for it to get finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back