The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha no way, much less nuance to heating milk than extracting coffee from beans.
I mustn't have the taste for it!

Tbh few of the premium coffee roasters in Melbourne I was never a massive fan of. Always preferred the local Cafe than say St Ali

I mustn't have the taste for it!

Tbh few of the premium coffee roasters in Melbourne I was never a massive fan of. Always preferred the local Cafe than say St Ali

Its as just about the person behind the machine as it is the beans and equipment.

You watch a good barista at work, everything is weighed, pour runs are timed and alll temperatures need to be spot on. Its an art.

Haha no way, much less nuance to heating milk than extracting coffee from beans.
Yep. Heating milk is the easy part. You arent spending 50k on a machine from the steamer, its the pressure they are putting the grind under to extract alll the coffee goodness.

Its as just about the person behind the machine as it is the beans and equipment.

You watch a good barista at work, everything is weighed, pour runs are timed and alll temperatures need to be spot on. Its an art.
Yeah I really don't notice the art that goes into the beans/coffee taste part. I'm far from a massive fan of the expensive stuff more just need my morning hit

Yeah I really don't notice the art that goes into the beans/coffee taste part. I'm far from a massive fan of the expensive stuff more just need my morning hit
I admit im a bit of a coffee snob/w***er. But that was part of my old job.

No idea how I even got it. No one I know has tested positive. Have spent the last four days with the missus in close contact so she's probably infected if she wasn't the one who have it to me. Had symptoms since Tuesday, have been up and down over the last few days

No idea how I even got it. No one I know has tested positive. Have spent the last four days with the missus in close contact so she's probably infected if she wasn't the one who have it to me. Had symptoms since Tuesday, have been up and down over the last few days
Have you been vaccinated yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, I've never had more than a sip of coffee. Also seen my mum and colleagues rely on caffeine to get them through most days which I don't want to be me.
It’s not like your shooting heroin to get through the day, it’s just coffee..

The smell is horrendous, the taste, even worse.
It is if you’ve had coffee from some ordinary cafes. I find can’t find many good espressos in Melb that taste like my moka. In Italy they were all terrific. An Italian guy I work with says here the bean blend of many cafes is to suit the milk.

If you use a proper coffee and machine/moka it’s a different story. I keep my ground coffee (lavazza) in the fridge after opening…keeps taste consistent.

I've never been much of a coffee drinker. I don't mind one now and then but it's purely a taste thing, caffeine doesn't seem to do anything for me.
I find it quite filling so I've been having a coffee for breakfast because I cbf eating while WFH.

Yeah I've never been much of a breakfast eater. A coffee now sees me through til lunch
I ate breakfast when I was school but, these days, I just make smoothies to last for 2-3 days and just drink one before heading into work.

I can’t leave the house without 3-4 weetbix to start my day. When I was a teen I skipped breakfast and found it harder to concentrate, exercise etc. Also makes you more prone to snack on s**t foods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back