2nds The Official Northern Blues Thread #4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great end to the season.
After a very slow start, the boys got it together and really flourished when Darren Harris took over. They really started playing a different, more exciting brand of football.
Great development of some of the boys and they've shown us some great signs for the future.

Northern Blues 6.2 9.6 13.8 15.12 (102)
Frankston 3.0 6.2 9.3 9.5 (59)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Buckley 3 Russell 2 O'Keeffe 2 Mitchell 2 Marcon Meese Collins Joseph Wilson Bray
Frankston: Clark 3 Delahunty 2 Gardiner 2 Buchan Haretuku

BEST:
Northern Blues: O'Keeffe Russell Bower Buckley Heyne Wilson
Frankston: Delahunty Martin Kitchin Van Unen Heddles Sutton

I rate Lucas, so I wouldn't trade him unless we get a fair return for a contracted and required player. Similar situation to Walker two years ago. Lucas is still a kid with his best footy ahead of him. Shane Rogers' comments suggest that we will play hardball if they ask for Lucas.
Absolutely! They want a guy with his potential and they can come to the party! None of the crap we went through when Sauce left!

If the AFL don't organise it then the Clubs must get together and get it done. The VFL draw has been nothing short of pathetic. Mountains of byes and a season shorter than the AFL. Very disappointed with how things have been done, the reserves players have not had enough football at all. Would be great to see the curtain raiser come back too. Turns a good couple of hours at the footy into a good day at the footy and gives a few thousand a reason to get there early as well as giving the reserves sides a chance of playing on decent grounds instead of the mud pits they often play on. On the point of view of the team, pretty disappointing not to make finals and to play that badly early on but it was good to see them finish the season well. I'd be chucking any of the half decent young players into the AFL team this week too. That means Buckley, O'keeffe, Mitchell, McCarthy and Watson. Guys who really need to play.

The-Rock.jpeg

first time i have seen the rock in the guts,has to play this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early doors I know but I think Buckley really has something. He one of those types who doesn't have to set the world on fire but you look at them and you can just tell there's something there. Will be one to watch methinks.

Mitchell has a nice goal kicking action, as we saw in that long set shot from the boundary. Can we get him to teach Casboult? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back