Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread Of The Winners Again x 6 Minor Premiers Top Team Premiers Always Beatable Gold City Royals

Remove this Banner Ad

I play my 100th game for the Royals this week.
Would be a really good time to break my run of 170 games without a finals win.

I'm looking forward to the thorough research you'll be undertaking for your thread.

We got this, skip.

[Daniel Stern narrator voice]: he didn't say it, and neither did I, but at the moment we both knew we absolutely did not have this.

I still don’t really know how long I’ve been at the Royals for. Not even sure if I’ve played finals.

I still don’t really know how long I’ve been at the Royals for. Not even sure if I’ve played finals.

We've played finals, we haven't won finals.

Glad to be involved in our finals win this upcoming week then

Think positive

We've overcome a lot of usual Royals sim cliches this season... no reason to stop overcoming them now. We're winning this flag.

ezgif-4-7b10786b740f.gif

Round 16 Presser: Gold City Royals 19.14.128 defeated Gumbies FFC 15.12.102 @ The Golden Throne

Q: Beautiful performance yesterday to end the home and away season Kennedy Parker, you got out to a signature fast start but the Gumbies really challenged you in a game of ebbs and flows. How did you see the game?

KP: Yeah, we knew the Gumbies have had a heap of momentum after I got Rodney Dangerfield out of his loser mindset. So the fact that we were able to outclass them just shows the quality of this side because they've been beating teams left, right and centre the past few weeks.

Q: Who were some of the standout performers from your point of view in the game.

KP: Well certainly not The Filth Wizard, he made the Fred Medal betting markets a bit nervous after he decided to come to the bench without kicking a goal but fortunately his reliance on the Wonders being pathetic paid dividends. A couple of other forwards really stepped up in his absence, Ulahoopski and CakeEater booted 4 goals each to take up the slack. Good to see Cakey finally get the kicking boots on yesterday and get some reward in terms of his goal tally. He's been a colossal presence at centre half-forward and we expect him to be a contender for the TFLUA-Tiger Award.

From the Qhampion Data Ratings Smartys Power was another who had a good game rebounding off half back, and Marlowe was very solid in the midfield.

1605524008128.png

Q: The Royals have finished in top spot with a home qualifying final against the Roys in the first week of finals. How do you like your prospects?

KP: I think we have every reason to be confident against the Roys, we've lost to them in finals. And the really good thing about the Roys is that, you're never truly out of the game. They could have a 40-point lead at 3-quarter-time and still manage to fall to pieces. They have a percentage that's below 100% which shows that on any given day they could be as bad as any team we've played. But even if they're at their best, I think we'll have them covered.

Q: The #stackedsix have conceded over 100 points three times in the last four games. Is that a concern to you?

KP: No, not at all. Once we locked in a top 4 spot in our big win over the Demons. The sights were always set on finals. The last two weeks we've played a much more free flowing style of Qooty because for one, we want to get Filth that elusive Fred Medal, and also we need to prove that if the game does become a shootout we can overpower the opposition. The best teams always have a Plan B and Plan C so this week I'm sure Noobz0r, Blacky, MrPremiership, Smartys Power and spookism will all be at the top of their game. And I'll try to be as little a liability as possible.

Let's go Royals.
[Match thread is up: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...als-vs-roys-ffc-at-the-golden-throne.1251642/]

Marlowe GreyCrow Smartys Power Paddles_ Kapow!!! BRAB ShaunDuggan HawkPatrol Cesoir Easty Ulahoopski Noobz0r boondy spookism The Filth Wizard MrPremiership grumbleguts Blacky brahj NTRabbit CakeEater Dennis Confetti The acurate one nahnah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with the rough last quarter I'm still super high on my Royals going all the way this season, just think they're a hungry veteran squad

I think we had a previous game against the Roys where we blew them up in the first and let them come back.

tumblr_mhw7nbSYF61r7oaheo1_500.gif

Hopefully the Roys recover in time for us to meet again in the - what do they call it - the Grand Final?

Hello legends, here are the Qhampion Data Ratings after that incredible win.

1606041298353.png

As you all can see, CakeEater has been in such a rich vein of form lately that he's overtaken our best mid Marlowe to get into second spot after setting the tone early kicking 3 first quarter goals as we blitzed the Roys in the first half.

What an incredible key forward combo we have!

Anyway, to add to that, it's not a secret but to those who don't already know. This will be my last SFA season. S30 has already been an amazing ride, let's take it further two more wins and go all the way 👍

Marlowe GreyCrow Smartys Power Paddles_ Kapow!!! BRAB ShaunDuggan HawkPatrol Cesoir Easty Ulahoopski Noobz0r boondy spookism The Filth Wizard MrPremiership grumbleguts Blacky brahj NTRabbit CakeEater Dennis Confetti The acurate one nahnah

Hello legends, here are the Qhampion Data Ratings after that incredible win.

View attachment 1016718

As you all can see, CakeEater has been in such a rich vein of form lately that he's overtaken our best mid Marlowe to get into second spot after setting the tone early kicking 3 first quarter goals as we blitzed the Roys in the first half.

What an incredible key forward combo we have!

Anyway, to add to that, it's not a secret but to those who don't already know. This will be my last SFA season. S30 has already been an amazing ride, let's take it further two more wins and go all the way 👍

a 3 possession game wasn't going to get me many points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back