The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m pretty convinced it’s doomed to failure. Could only see City out of the English clubs properly supporting it.

What these owners fail to understand is that ties like Man U v Barca are special because they only occur once maybe twice every decade. If they happen every season then they lose that novel appeal. Setting up an invitational league with no competitive structure (relegation etc) won’t hold people’s interest long term.

I’m pretty convinced it’s doomed to failure. Could only see City out of the English clubs properly supporting it.

What these owners fail to understand is that ties like Man U v Barca are special because they only occur once maybe twice every decade. If they happen every season then they lose that novel appeal. Setting up an invitational league with no competitive structure (relegation etc) won’t hold people’s interest long term.
For ECA to name the 16 clubsI think those.clubs would have to be ok with it.

Although there is a suggestion that a lot of this is yo give European clubs a strong bargaining position when the FIFA club world cup kicks off.

To your average supporter super leagues aren't really wanted. To.your average accountant in a football club they are in love with the idea.

all those 16 clubs have been linked with it for a reason. the leaks indicated that the top officials at each club wanted it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on the flip side, i think their fans would be thrilled. this whole thing is a sham and will absolutely fall flat if it ever gets off the ground.

For ECA to name the 16 clubsI think those.clubs would have to be ok with it.

Although there is a suggestion that a lot of this is yo give European clubs a strong bargaining position when the FIFA club world cup kicks off.

To your average supporter super leagues aren't really wanted. To.your average accountant in a football club they are in love with the idea.
Even if you look at it from a practical perspective, $100 is pretty much bare minimum for a wedding gift and cash in a card is the standard these days. You're recouping a fair chunk of

Rightly or wrongly it probably would work albeit cause intense disruption (irrelevency) for clubs on the wrong side of it. Best players will go to who can pay them. Once clubs are cocooned long enough, kids and casuals will pick a ECA club. The pieces are already there when you consider how popular some clubs are, with supporters who only watch them on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back