The paranoid WEST thinking the EAST is "out to get them"

Remove this Banner Ad

wahawk said:
as you can tell by my name , i live in WA
i've also lived in NT , QLD and Vic.

It is partly the fault of the media , but its also the fault of west aussies themselves. most of them have never left wa and alot of them cant tell you where some suburbs are. Suburbs that have been around for years.

West Aussies just sit back and believe everything that the crap newspapers print and everything that the pathetic dj's and newsreaders say.

To all west aussies , i say get off your arse and check out the rest of the country and you'll soon see that they dont hate us. Acctually you'll see that they dont even think about us. Then you can come back here and ring 96 or 94.5 and tell them that you know they're talking crap.

I have also lived in many parts of Australia

So what is it with supporters of non WA teams over here. Many like yourself have a big chip on there shoulder as shown above

A few points

1. Most West Aussies really don't give a flying about what Victorians think. although it has been a bit of a laugh listening to all the bleating over the lack of games in Melbourne recently

2.The reason they don't know about some suburbs is because the city has doubled in size in the last 30 years or so it being a boom town. Big deal anyway

3. Most West Aussies are well travelled because the city is so remote, not in spite of it. Going overseas to Bali for a start is almost a given for every young teenager so travel is not a big deal.

4. The Media from what i have observed is just as bad in every state of Australia.

Two things. 1. When i was in Sydney two years ago ,a guy asked me where i came from. I said PERTH. He asked"where,s that ? ". Educated. 2Why did the Japs try to invade Aussie? Answer trade. The Japs wanted to buy Yampi Sound from Australia. (iron ore ) . We told them to go to buggery. They decided to take it by force. It didn,t work. So they took it by stealth, and that my friends is how QLD and WA are keeping this country afloat.

Being an Aussie in London and very well travelled around the world, you can always tell where people are from. WAs are crazy people, fun loving, sun tanned, foul mouthed and ignorant.

Just an observation that most non WAs tend to agree on.

I welcome yours...

littleduck said:
The West lives day by day in a world that revolves around the East. The East is always in their thoughts. The reverse is simply not true. The East never considers the West and barely acknowledges its existence.

if i were a uni lecturer, i'd ask for your references, but im not, so i value your statement, and appreciate it

GoBackToVFL said:
this thread is bay 13 worthy

one thread on a eagles web site about the afl favouring the swans is found by a habitual eagles hater and is used as some sort of proof that the entire state is paranoid about all the eastern state.

how about all the thread on bigfooty by the paranoid swans fans about the umpiring?
Good points here. It wa one persons opinion, by starting the thread just shows how paranoid the vics are about whatever we do.

wahawk said:
It is partly the fault of the media , but its also the fault of west aussies themselves. most of them have never left wa and alot of them cant tell you where some suburbs are. Suburbs that have been around for years.

Here's a question for you? How many times have you asked a Victorian to tell you where suburbs in Perth are - you know, the ones that have been around for years. :rolleyes:

Peacock said:
THe fact you know this just shows how pathetic you lot are.

Hey, if ignorance makes you happy, then great. BTW, thanks for the exposure for my site, but I'd rather not attract a lot of the idiots that make this board the lunacy it is.

sauce_head said:
Being an Aussie in London and very well travelled around the world, you can always tell where people are from. WAs are crazy people, fun loving, sun tanned, foul mouthed and ignorant.

I welcome yours...

I'm finding it hard to disagree with the above

From what i've learnt, you have to servey at least 170 people to find trends and patturns that are accurate (and not even that covers all 21million australians) so its silly when people say "ALL are such and such" it's be nicer if people just gave names. I know people are more likely to remember negative things than positive, but still... I honestly think that quite a few (again, not all) of the people on this post as well as the thread starter could be considered "paranoid" by their definition, i beleive that no ones paranoid, if they were they'd be spychos

sauce_head said:

I welcome yours...
I agree with most of that but we're not all ignorant.

wahawk said:
as you can tell by my name , i live in WA
i've also lived in NT , QLD and Vic.

West Aussies just sit back and believe everything that the crap newspapers print and everything that the pathetic dj's and newsreaders say.

To all west aussies , i say get off your arse and check out the rest of the country and you'll soon see that they dont hate us. Acctually you'll see that they dont even think about us. Then you can come back here and ring 96 or 94.5 and tell them that you know they're talking crap.

You are an a grade cranker dude, generalizations galore, I too have lived in most parts of this country and every state has its good and bad, if its such a bad place full of bad people what are you hanging around for,surely anyone with an ounce of nouse sees your post for the **** it is.....

TooIntelligent said:
See my post above about the economy.
As I said, I'm sure we would get along fine with an extra $400 million in GST revenue and without your massive 11% contribution to the economy.

did u see my reply? did you ever study economics? gst revenue is irrelevent.

wa has...

highest GDP per capita

only 10% of the population, but 40% of exports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TooIntelligent said:
No, we don't care when people say that about us. We really couldn't care.

And if you think nobody in WA cares, check out the front page of the West Australian in the week before the finals, declaring Victorian football dead. It was painfully obvious that the whole of WA had been waiting to have a crack at 'the East', Victoria in particular. It's really sad, and if anything I pity WA.

You pity the state of Western Australia?

:confused:

That doesnt really make sense.

jko'neal said:
Blame it all on the WA Media!

The amount of rubbish that the TV and Radio shows crap on about over here is simply pathetic!!

They paint the picture the AFL is all about Vic teams and everyone east of SA is against West Aussie success.

I'm a proud Sandgroper but after living in a few eastern states areas for short periods of time over the years, we are without a doubt the most biased and miss-informed sport followers I know.

Don't even get me started on the gutless government situation over here!!!

If you don't like it **** OFF!!!! Don
t let the door hit ya on the way out!!! :D

West Australians hate everyone equally. East Coasters, aborigines (sorry,abos), Asians, in fact, everyone but those who left England as a result of the influx of Pakistanis, Indians and West Indians.

Combine this with the white South Africans and Rhodesians who saw the writing on the wall, who liked the similar climate, and you have encapsulated the ruling class of what is ethnically correct in West Australia.

I have a theory about this. I ascribe this rampant racism which surfaces there, and in Queensland, to a weakness of mind, born out of chasing the sun.
Oh, and there are more aborigines in Queensland and West Australia, which makes every one of the residents of these states a fully-fledged expert on that 'problem'. The same applies in the Northern Territory and in the more remote parts of South Australia.

My solution: West Australia should secede, as they've so frequently promised.
Stick your minerals up your quoit. It's not worth the angst. If you were to do so, the eastern states might have to devise a method of actually producing goods and ideas the world might want to buy.

sauce_head said:

I welcome yours...
Unfortunately, the "ignorant" is probaly a fair generalisation.

But I have to add, I appreciate the balancing positive descriptives you gave.

skilts said:
West Australians hate everyone equally. East Coasters, aborigines (sorry,abos), Asians, in fact, everyone but those who left England as a result of the influx of Pakistanis, Indians and West Indians.

Combine this with the white South Africans and Rhodesians who saw the writing on the wall, who liked the similar climate, and you have encapsulated the ruling class of what is ethnically correct in West Australia.

I have a theory about this. I ascribe this rampant racism which surfaces there, and in Queensland, to a weakness of mind, born out of chasing the sun.
Oh, and there are more aborigines in Queensland and West Australia, which makes every one of the residents of these states a fully-fledged expert on that 'problem'. The same applies in the Northern Territory and in the more remote parts of South Australia.
Skilts, Some of your post is 100%, other bits are crap. Hopefully, the chip is getting smaller (although West Coast look like they will be around for a few more years), as the younger generation seem to be catching up with the times.

All in all ....... SCP board.

vb_i.jpg

they sure are

purplesoul said:
Skilts, Some of your post is 100%, other bits are crap. Hopefully, the chip is getting smaller (although West Coast look like they will be around for a few more years), as the younger generation seem to be catching up with the times.

All in all ....... SCP board.

Yet another blue I've made. I saw no reference to football in the title of the thread. I, obviously mistakenly, thought that this was a thread about the parochialism I so detested when I lived in West Australia.

I must profoundly apologise for confusing sport with thinking. I agree with your implicit thesis, that to post about football on these boards, requires one to leave any brain of which one may be possessed, at the door.

Voss>Hird>Buckley.

skilts said:
Yet another blue I've made. I saw no reference to football in the title of the thread. I, obviously mistakenly, thought that this was a thread about the parochialism I so detested when I lived in West Australia.

I must profoundly apologise for confusing sport with thinking. I agree with your implicit thesis, that to post about football on these boards, requires one to leave any brain of which one may be possessed, at the door.

Voss>Hird>Buckley.
Skilts, my reply remains the same regardless of football (exception of the bracketed lame attempt at a joke).

Refer to the post directly after your first, I'm hardly arguing all your points -

purplesoul said:
Unfortunately, the "ignorant" is probaly a fair generalisation.

purplesoul said:
Skilts, my reply remains the same regardless of football (exception of the bracketed lame attempt at a joke).

Refer to the post directly after your first, I'm hardly arguing all your points -

Not having a 'go' at you, though to ascribe a 'chip' to me maybe construed as slightly inflammatory. Too many years of having been described as a dictionary-swallower. I think a serious assessment of sport provides a deep insight of what it is to be human. Others think it's about shouting obscenities.

skilts said:
though to ascribe a 'chip' to me maybe construed as slightly inflammatory.
The 'chip is getting smaller', was in refernce to fellow West Aussies, not your good self.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back