Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone familiar with vehicle licensing. Inherited a car couple of months ago. Tried getting the car put into my name. Turns out I needed to install an approved immobilizer. Stupid me thought 'well I wont be driving this car, will let it sit for a while.' Now I get a letter saying the car license has been cancelled.

Obviously it means I have to send the plates in but if one day in the future I do get the immobiliser fitted, am I able to pay for a new license? Or is the car stuffed now? :/
What is it?

Not enjoying work - wet and cold

I'm working nights at the royal show so if this keeps up it is going to be bloody miserable tonight. Got absolutely hosed on on Saturday night and am expecting more of the same tonight.

It means any little faults and s**t could need to get fixed before its licensed, major ones obviously.
Yeah, just read a story about someone in Perth who had his car inspected. Wouldnt pass it because there was a tear in one of the seats, and a little bit of rust on the roof. Looks like i goofed big time.

It means any little faults and s**t could need to get fixed before its licensed, major ones obviously.
A few years back I had to get an inspection to get a yellow sticker off (cracked windscreen) and the guy at Bruce Rock just said does everything else work? Replied with "Yep". $100 and off you go.

But I think they can be a real pain in the arse in Perf and everything has to be perfect, don't you also have to wait in line at the inspection place for hours?

I've let a license lapse for ages before renewing and never handed in plates.

If you just go to the Dept of Transport website and enter the invoice number it should let you pay. If you search via the rego number and it's too late it will say 'no account exists for this vehicle'.

I think I have been into a licensing centre once or maybe twice since I got my license 15 years ago.

Yeah, just read a story about someone in Perth who had his car inspected. Wouldnt pass it because there was a tear in one of the seats, and a little bit of rust on the roof. Looks like i goofed big time.
It's not as bad as it used to be as they use private mechanics workshops to do inspections and the employees there don't enjoy the power trip of failing cars because of minor things like the public service employed inspectors did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I have been into a licensing centre once or maybe twice since I got my license 15 years ago.
I once walked into the one at Joondalup to pick up an old pair of plates of mine they had and there was about 300 people in there with about 5 staff working the counter. Walked straight back out and just ended up getting them to send them to the local shire office..

I would follow Scotland's advice and try and register it but it will be in the old name - if I'm reading this right so you are going to have to do at least a change of address if you aren't going to change ownership

I'm working nights at the royal show so if this keeps up it is going to be bloody miserable tonight. Got absolutely hosed on on Saturday night and am expecting more of the same tonight.

Ok, not whinging anymore. Would be freezing down there atm. What section are you working in

get us a wildcats showbag gasko

Unless I break in and steal one it aint happening. Soz.

Ok, not whinging anymore. Would be freezing down there atm. What section are you working in

I work in the middle of the night cleaning the grounds when everyone is gone. Saturday night was wet and freezing but the past 2 nights haven't been too bad. Got out of there last night just as it started bucketing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back