Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was chatting to an english guy who serves on a board with me. My eyes pooped out when he said he rewired his entire house in the UK and that it was legal.

I can handle non-licenced people changing light switches, plugs and light bulbs but I certainly would personally stop at re-wiring a home.
They are bullshitting you, no way would that be allowed in a country like the UK. Would be very dangerous, house wiring isn't rocket science but it still need to be done safely by someone that 100% knows what they are a doing and there is a heap of rules that need to be followed.
Replacing a power point is five screws of a job.

Two x two inch ones holding it to the wall

Three half inch ones that each of the red, black and earth go into.

The hardest part is resetting the clock on the oven after turning the power off to the whole building to do it.

...but yes, you should definitely pay hundreds of dollars to get perved on by a trade to do it for you and call you sweetheart.

Which, of course, is my official position if anyone asks, always hire a professional to do the work you can do yourself..
It's a piece of piss but I'd prefer if someone was quickly shown how to to do one properly before they go DIY. Occasionally came across ones where the wires aren't twisted together or doubled up, or bare copper outside the terminal which is a horrible connection obviously not done by an electrician.

Some of them CBF you say...

ZhcF5u8.jpg

Is the hole deep behind it or just at the surface?
Its not exactly deep but it does seem like there is access to behind the PP. I dont have any kids so no one would purposely put something in the hole. But its in my sis room and near her dresser, worried that an earring could fall and land in there. But I worry a lot lol so if its just a minor, cosmetic blemish then I'll leave it. But if it has potential to start a fire I will fix it.

If it isn't in a visible place just leave it, but like i said, would be a 2min job to bog up with some filler

On the million to one shot something got in there, the terminals are well protected. There aren't bare wires to short across in a properly wired up power outlet

Nothing would happen

RCD would kick the power out out before a fire anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't poor water down it or stick a coathanger in there and you should be right.

Just go and buy something to fill it with, although they should have really had something in the their van at the time to do it for you.
That is pretty poor.

I couldn't leave a job without patching that.

I think I'll change career direction and become a sparkachino. can I be your apprentice? PS I'm gonna be late on monday, and most days after that

As long as you drive back to the workshop so I can punch cones, I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back