Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glory should have rebranded when aleague started. New team name. Pirates. Kids could dress as pirates with patches etc

Hard to argue against eye patches but just as the NSL turned into the A League, the Glory were doing really well and rebranding would have been odd.

Plus, I think the Glory still really want their history to be acknowledged but the A League wont do it.

Replacing a power point is five screws of a job.

Two x two inch ones holding it to the wall

Three half inch ones that each of the red, black and earth go into.

The hardest part is resetting the clock on the oven after turning the power off to the whole building to do it.

...but yes, you should definitely pay hundreds of dollars to get perved on by a trade to do it for you and call you sweetheart.

Which, of course, is my official position if anyone asks, always hire a professional to do the work you can do yourself..

in the UK, you don't need an electrician to rewire your whole house. but here even a light bulb may require a professional.

in the UK, you don't need an electrician to rewire your whole house. but here even a light bulb may require a professional.
The easiest way to protect an industry is for the professionals to convince the regulators that unless they are used, it won't be safe. New standards required.

It's under the premise of safety but they are really cutting out their competition. One day engineers will need a masters degree to get their new licence.

To be fair, electricity is something you don't want DIY'ers messing around with. The consequences are pretty serious.

I would like to see the stats Re Australian issues vs UKs before I agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, electricity is something you don't want DIY'ers messing around with. The consequences are pretty serious.

True, but you can turn off the power to your house. People climb onto their roof and up trees etc. which puts them in more danger than working on electrical circuits that aren't live. But yeah some people shouldn't be trusted doing anything.

True, but you can turn off the power to your house. People climb onto their roof and up trees etc. which puts them in more danger than working on electrical circuits that aren't live. But yeah some people shouldn't be trusted doing anything.
A fair % of people in Perth can't comprehend how to even merge. They should stay the fk away from power.

I need to replace the overhead mains connection box at my place that's about to fall apart. To isolate it West Power want iirc over $500. Just to come out for 5 minutes twice to pull a fuse in and out.

What are median senses of humour doing at the moment?

It's Monday morning - it started to disappear late last night and will probably reappear around Thursday at 4pm

Huh, this just has to be bullshit

I was chatting to an english guy who serves on a board with me. My eyes pooped out when he said he rewired his entire house in the UK and that it was legal.

I can handle non-licenced people changing light switches, plugs and light bulbs but I certainly would personally stop at re-wiring a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back