Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had to shop for a baby present today and headed out to Joondalup just for something different. Fn massive

I appreciate the need for supermalls and enjoy them in Asia but they feel so sterile sometimes.

Although I do appreciate actually having decent dining options north of Mt Hawthorn...

I had to shop for a baby present today and headed out to Joondalup just for something different. Fn massive
About to head there now.

Not enjoying the weather here today, warm and muggy with no sea breeze.

I hate Perth's obsession with massive malls; give me a London high street any day of the week.

They have massive malls in London too like Bluewater but they're out of town rather than in the city centre.

The main shopping areas in central London like Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Circus were a bloody nightmare with all the crowds there, you were better off shopping in your local high street.

I appreciate the need for supermalls and enjoy them in Asia but they feel so sterile sometimes.

Although I do appreciate actually having decent dining options north of Mt Hawthorn...

I prefer hiking in the outdoors. They are massive.

Perth is a great city but very isolated. What puts me off visiting is when you add up flights/accommodation you may as well go overseas.

Cheaper and less distance just to go to NZ.

Beaches and scenery is the best in the world. But there are also beaches in NSW for instance. Should go back myself.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Perth's obsession with massive malls; give me a London high street any day of the week.

same but for some kids toy, it's easier to look in joondalup than claremont and cottesloe.

I was a little stunned how many pommie accents there were

same but for some kids toy, it's easier to look in joondalup than claremont and cottesloe.

I was a little stunned how many pommie accents there were

I work up around that area, it's practically an English enclave.

I prefer hiking in the outdoors. They are massive.

Perth is a great city but very isolated. What puts me off visiting is when you add up flights/accommodation you may as well go overseas.

Cheaper and less distance just to go to NZ.

Beaches and scenery is the best in the world. But there are also beaches in NSW for instance. Should go back myself.

after being attacked by a swarm of bees, on a hike, in Yanchep last weekend......I don't think that will be on the card again this month at least

yep re travel in Oz. If you're in Sydney would you go to Hawaii, New Caledonia, NZ, Lord Hows or little old Perth?

There are super shopping centres in central London. Westfield Stratford and Westfield shepherds Bush are the biggest concrete jungles I have seen anywhere. An absolute nightmare on weekends or school holidays.

In Perth usually go to garden City out of convenience to where I live, but I have no idea why people would go there to do grocery shopping at Coles or Woolies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back