Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

My German Shepard is even more effective.

I was dropped home via motorcycle one evening, wearing a facemask because it's freezing. She was up on her back legs, head at face height and barking like the door didn't matter. Fogging up the glass and spit going all over it.

Total feral furthing.
Cool

I have been walking along the coast between Sorrento and north beach most days and the Jehovah's Witnesses have set themselves up in all the little lookouts handing out flyers. Walked past a couple of them today in the full suits which can't be much fun in the middle of a perth summer with no shade.

I wonder if they need a permit as they are sometimes taking up a whole lookout and are there all day.

Last edited:
I caught (literally) someone breaking into my house a couple of weeks ago. The side gate had been left open and they had come around the back yard and were shining a light into the house. It was around 5am and my wife was awake (gets up at ridiculous o'clock). Woke me up and pointed to the light. I jumped out of bed as they were opening the (unlocked) back door. Yelled to drop my stuff and chased after them. Cornered them in the car port.

SHE was petrified being cornered by a fat, middle aged white bloke in his boxers. After going through her stuff and realising she hadn't got anything I was in a quandary. In the end I walked off to get dressed and she legged it.

Like cars being entered into, people having a snoop happens a lot more than people think. If there are hurdles then it reduces the chances. If I'd shut the gate, left on the light I usually leave on or locked the back door then there's every chance she would never have gotten to opening the back door (and she would never have copped an eyeful of me in my boxers).

Wait until the sexual harassment warrant arrives.

😱😱😳

I have been walking along the coast between Sorrento and north beach most days and the Jehovah's Witnesses have set themselves up in the all the little lookouts handing out flyers. Walked past a couple of them today in the full suits which can't be much fun in the middle of a perth summer with no shade.

I wonder if they need a permit as they are sometimes taking up a whole lookout and are there all day.
Call the council. Wouldn't be surprised if they did need permission.

I have been walking along the coast between Sorrento and north beach most days and the Jehovah's Witnesses have set themselves up in the all the little lookouts handing out flyers. Walked past a couple of them today in the full suits which can't be much fun in the middle of a perth summer with no shade.

They're stationed on the river at Bayswater too. They also hang out front of RPH. Weird weird people.

They're stationed on the river at Bayswater too. They also hang out front of RPH. Weird weird people.

They are always at the bottom of the stairs at Claisebrook station as well

I wonder what their success rate is.

If I had to guess I'd say a solid 95-99% of people would give an even distribution of polite and very impolite 'no go away' responses.

They rarely say anything. They just set up their stalls and wait nearby to see if anyone will stop and read the materials on offer.

Touch wood I haven't encountered a would be intruder as of yet, but my dog has gone off in the middle of the night a few times since I moved out. All at the front door and not the back door at least. I'm pretty sure one time was just a bunch of dicks during that clown phase when IT came out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer, my dog totally lost it this morning at 4.00am. One of the reasons I keep him inside - just his bark would have them second guessing even though he would probably lick you to death

Jee whiz, things really slow down in here with this moderate weather. Need some hosing or extreme heat waves to get the pages rolling again.

Jee whiz, things really slow down in here with this moderate weather. Need some hosing or extreme heat waves to get the pages rolling again.
There's nothing that gets Perth people going more than the weather.

Spreading the word is the objective, not converting.

Only 144,000 iJehovah's Witnesses get into heaven at the end of days. It's not in their interests to invite more people to be better followers.
They have to pay for the paperwork if you hand it out and no one buys it (the Watchtower).
Most are on the dole and have part time gigs,its what the Church recomends to give them maximum hours of devotion.
Elders in the JWs own lots of casual work businesses, like food tasting in supermarkets,they employ the unemployed JWs to work part time in.
Dont know if theres lots of scamming of wages and workers rights there too.

My cousin is massively involved

They have to pay for the paperwork if you hand it out and no one buys it (the Watchtower).
Most are on the dole and have part time gigs,its what the Church recomends to give them maximum hours of devotion.
Elders in the JWs own lots of casual work businesses, like food tasting in supermarkets,they employ the unemployed JWs to work part time in.
Dont know if theres lots of scamming of wages and workers rights there too.

My cousin is massively involved
Interesting. Did not realise that. Even when they're not trying to push something on you they're trying to push something on you.

Perth in summer has the best weather in Australia.

Warm, swimmable every day then it drops off every night so you can wear pants if you're heading out. When you do get a balmy sticky night, it's kind of quaint and you actually appreciate it.

* Sydney with 40 plus every day and bushfires, and * Victoria where it's 42 one day and 21 the next. A mate was telling me the weather dropped from 40 to 25 in half an hour the other day... that's just unpalatable.

Pretty warm this morning though, went for a walk earlier and it felt like we were heading for a 40 degree day. Just 32 apparently. Either way, the lawn could do with a hosing right now.

Am I doing this right?
Yes you are.

Warm, swimmable every day then it drops off every night so you can wear pants if you're heading out. When you do get a balmy sticky night, it's kind of quaint and you actually appreciate it.

**** Sydney with 40 plus every day and bushfires, and **** Victoria where it's 42 one day and 21 the next. A mate was telling me the weather dropped from 40 to 25 in half an hour the other day... that's just unpalatable.
what planet you on gets cold at night lol. Perth Summer sucks big time been here 15 years still cant get use to it. winter is ok though ill give you that

**** Sydney with 40 plus every day and bushfires, and **** Victoria where it's 42 one day and 21 the next. A mate was telling me the weather dropped from 40 to 25 in half an hour the other day... that's just unpalatable.
So the take away for me here is that sometimes you go out without any pants on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back