The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Rentals are ******* insane.

Got out-bid by 6 people offering 50 dollars a week more then listed price

And yet house prices still remain relatively low in Perth.

There's a disconnect here but as I'm not an economist I really cannot be sure why this is.

There's a disconnect here but as I'm not an economist I really cannot be sure why this is.
Massive lag in houses being built. Supply low, give it 12 months when materials/work can actually be complete and its a different story. Doesnt help me right now :/

How do you know people are upping the price per week?

Massive lag in houses being built. Supply low, give it 12 months when materials/work can actually be complete and its a different story. Doesnt help me right now :/

If there is a lag in houses being built, does this not mean the existing supply rises in price as demand surges while supply remains low?

There was a rental open near me today. I counted eight cars and the listed price was already higher than it probably should've been.

House prices are low, but certain areas are surging. My area has apparently jumped 40% in the last 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prelim for me. Melbourne vs (likely) Geelong should be a cracking game and not too pricey.

Generally the best weekend of footy, ground chocker block full of supporters from each club.

Different naturally this year, attendees will need to pick a side to make noise for.

I flew over from Melbourne last week, there were four families with young kids sitting in my vicinity, they were all resource sector workers and all were relocating, there's probably a fair bit of your issue.

I didn't think you could get a lease in WA without doing a physical inspection, apparently not, all 4 families had signed up for rentals.

Prelims are the best chance for capacity partisan crowd. Richmond vs GWS in 2017 drew 94,000 foaming Tigers supporters which would've been something to behold. All Vic prelims often get huge crowds that are as close to 50/50 as you will get.

Of all the teams left in the running I wouldn't say any are hugely supported here so the crowds will be mostly people just interested in the spectacle and/or a good game of footy.

I flew over from Melbourne last week, there were four families with young kids sitting in my vicinity, they were all resource sector workers and all were relocating, there's probably a fair bit of your issue.

I didn't think you could get a lease in WA without doing a physical inspection, apparently not, all 4 families had signed up for rentals.

perhaps organised by their employer as part of the relocation?

perhaps organised by their employer as part of the relocation?

Correct, but this has been happening for the past 18 months. A lot that I have corresponded with have almost all paid rent above the advertised ask.

People coming back from overseas and people relocating from interstate are taking a lot of the available rental stock and paying overs to make sure they secure it. Locals are being priced out of the market

I guess it's part of the consequence of championing WA jobs for WA people and telling those people that if the want to work in WA they'll have to relocate. Enough people have taken up the challenge and now it's impacting the rental market. I guess the place will eventually catch up but that's cold comfort now for people with nowhere to live.

Generally the best weekend of footy, ground chocker block full of supporters from each club.

Different naturally this year, attendees will need to pick a side to make noise for.
Always support the underdog, so Melbourne it is. Plus, they have a good West Aussie kid in Luke Jackson (and Trent Rivers).

I don't mind Melbourne. If it was Melbourne vs Port in the GF, I'd happily support the former.

In terms of who I want to win the flag (from most preferred to least):

1. Brisbane
2. GWS
3. Geelong
4. Melbourne
5. Bulldogs
6. Port

Even Port I'm relatively indifferent. Just want a good spectacle, that's all - and free tickets :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back