The Pre season training thread 2013/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the intrusion lads, I didn't know where else to put this .. but ..

Sam Darley has taken his 20m sprint time from 3.03 at GWS to 2.90 since he's been at the Bulldogs after spending time with his personal trainer in the off-season while back home in Hobart.

Should be a handy addition for you blokes.

I think our goal next season should be to be in less of the AFL Highlights videos as the opposition :D
The fact they use JJ in the latest one where Jeremy Cameron ran in to him, made a little sick
Knowing that JJ got really hurt after that, in fact I believe he was the only one to get injured as a result :mad:

Anyone else notice that whenever they are showing highlights of a team it is always against us. That kind of stuff gives a subliminal message that we are perennial losers - not good.:mad:

Sam Darley has taken his 20m sprint time from 3.03 at GWS to 2.90 since he's been at the Bulldogs after spending time with personal trainer in the off-season while back home in Hobart.

Should be a handing addition for you blokes.

I had Darley in Supercoach or Dreamteam in his first year, and his numbers were good. Don't know why he fell out of favour, I guess they are spoilt for talent.

Excellent to hear on Darley, hopefully that means he can match it with the small forwards pace wise and can break some lines. From interviews it seems like he's really valued the input from senior guys like Murphy which suggests he has a bit of improvement to come as well. GWS didn't really have those senior guys to learn off.

I think our goal next season should be to be in less of the AFL Highlights videos as the opposition :D
The fact they use JJ in the latest one where Jeremy Cameron ran in to him, made a little sick
Knowing that JJ got really hurt after that, in fact I believe he was the only one to get injured as a result :mad:

Thats outrageous that they did that. A player putting his head over the ball should never be made out to be somehow weak.

Thats outrageous that they did that. A player putting his head over the ball should never be made out to be somehow weak.
And a cowardly hit - even from a protected species - should not be celebrated.

Darley didn't get much game time simply because he didn't have enough weapons. He wasn't as fast as those chosen over him and didn't have the size either. He does however have excellent poise and knows where to go which will make him a good intercepting defender.

And a cowardly hit - even from a protected species - should not be celebrated.
Perhaps we should play big Jack in defence in the return match. But with instructions to just play the "ball" of course. But it is a game, things happen quickly, mistakes are made, heads are mistaken for footballs, people lose half a season through the resulting injuries etc etc but the game goes on.
I hope to see a stampede of doggies defenders "going for the ball" should Cameron choose to contest a ground ball against us next time.

I think you're all forgetting that Cameron actually did have eyes for the footy, but anyway...

Easy don't let the facts get in the way of a good story !
But If I take my Bulldog hat off for a moment, and the jumpers were reversed in that incident , most of us would be very happy our man " cracked in hard" and left a little carnage in the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i was outspoken at the time because to the naked eye i thought there was definitely high contact and felt the commentators were celebrating it a bit too early. finding out there was no head damage to JJ surprised me but i guess it's as clean a hit as you can get

Sam Darley has taken his 20m sprint time from 3.03 at GWS to 2.90 since he's been at the Bulldogs after spending time with personal trainer in the off-season while back home in Hobart.

Should be a handing addition for you blokes.

It's never an intrusion C4 - you are a quality poster :)

That is pretty impressive, I was surprised to see Darley was on the outer with GWS in the first place. Was in many a supercoach team as a super promising player at the start of 2012.

I think you're all forgetting that Cameron actually did have eyes for the footy, but anyway...
Easy don't let the facts get in the way of a good story !
But If I take my Bulldog hat off for a moment, and the jumpers were reversed in that incident , most of us would be very happy our man " cracked in hard" and left a little carnage in the process.
I had no problem at all with the Cameron hit. Two players going in hard, one gets injured. That's footy.
i was outspoken at the time because to the naked eye i thought there was definitely high contact and felt the commentators were celebrating it a bit too early. finding out there was no head damage to JJ surprised me but i guess it's as clean a hit as you can get
That's not how I remember it
SimpsonsCrazy_2307.png

I disagree completely. JJ has his hands out going for the ball - Cameron has his arm tucked up going for the bump.
No player has ever picked a ball off the ground with his arms tucked into his chest, just becuase his eyes are on the ball doesn't mean it is his objective.

I disagree completely. JJ has his hands out going for the ball - Cameron has his arm tucked up going for the bump.
No player has ever picked a ball off the ground with his arms tucked into his chest, just becuase his eyes are on the ball doesn't mean it is his objective.

this was something that irritated me about the incident too. i felt like it was very unjust that he elected to bump instead of try and get the ball and we had a players season ended because of it. Bad luck for us i suppose

You also have to remember that it's very easy to be brave when you're going after a player that is 30 kilograms lighter than you are.

Come on boys , Cameron was going at the ball , but was a SPLIT second too late and to be fair did what most would do ,prepare for impact. Not his fault he's 30 kegs heavier.

You also have to remember that it's very easy to be brave when you're going after a player that is 30 kilograms lighter than you are.

Easy does it with the exaggeration. Cameron is currently listed as 91kg and Johannisen as 77kg.
Suggesting the difference is 30kg is more than double the actual difference.

my original point is its the only video in which a player got injured after the highlights and was JJ
it was the number one, some of you say that is just footy but the rest of the highlights no players had a season ending injury as a result of the contest
I don't find what Cameron did disturbing, I find the fact the AFL listed that as the number one courageous act disturbing because it left a player seriously hurt, I mean if we (the AFL web page) are going to be doing that then certainly the Wallis tackle of Masten should be right up there ;)

my original point is its the only video in which a player got injured after the highlights and was JJ
it was the number one, some of you say that is just footy but the rest of the highlights no players had a season ending injury as a result of the contest
I don't find what Cameron did disturbing, I find the fact the AFL listed that as the number one courageous act disturbing because it left a player seriously hurt, I mean if we (the AFL web page) are going to be doing that then certainly the Wallis tackle of Masten should be right up there ;)
Exactly.

I don't have a problem with what Cameron did whatsoever. It was nothing more than 2 players colliding and one coming off worse than the other.

The problem I have is the AFL website holding it up as the toughest act of the year.

Surely someone took a corageous mark running back into a pack? Even Tommy Campbell running back into the post was 'tougher' than the Cameron hit.

Exactly.

I don't have a problem with what Cameron did whatsoever. It was nothing more than 2 players colliding and one coming off worse than the other.

The problem I have is the AFL website holding it up as the toughest act of the year.

Surely someone took a corageous mark running back into a pack? Even Tommy Campbell running back into the post was 'tougher' than the Cameron hit.

The thing that is completely wrong is that Cameron is lauded as being courageous and not JJ. If JJ was getting 'most courageous act of the year' for putting his head down and beelining a ground ball even though the opposition power forward. 6 inches and 15 kgs heavier, was barrelling towards him clearly intent on cleaning him up, then I'd be fine with that.

Cameron's hit was fine, but in no way was it a courageous act from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back