Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

How old is too old for an AFL supporter to wear a footy jumper to a game? I'm 43 and want to get a jumper, I feel since I'm not an American or from the UK it's way too old and i need to do a polo or hoodie.

Where whatever you want at any age. If anyone gives you grief just tell them to piss off and mind their own business.

Where whatever you want at any age. If anyone gives you grief just tell them to piss off and mind their own business.
yeh this too

i was just going the pile-on that this website does

wear what you want when you want and if anyone says anything, just go do iknow you heckknuckle?

I agree for the most part but I'll draw the line at anyone above the age of 12 wearing full kit.

Last edited:
How old is too old for an AFL supporter to wear a footy jumper to a game? I'm 43 and want to get a jumper, I feel since I'm not an American or from the UK it's way too old and i need to do a polo or hoodie.
If you want to wear it, you should.

Could wear it over the top of something.

I wouldn't think anything of anyone at any age wearing a guernsey at the footy, unless it didn't have a shirt underneath. I've never really understood why this is a thing.

Do you understand how Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and Drake are popular artists?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Australian sports apparel super nuffy but American/overseas sport stuff is cool?

I feel its the overall look that gives afl guernseys that vibe. It also goes for VFL, SANFL, WAFL, TFL, QFL, NTFL as well. aflnswact too.

Its association with boganism and bogans adds to the drama.

The cut of the guernsey with the wide shoulder included. However, if you were to slimline it to the width of an nba or euroleague jersey, would it be better? Hmmm

Conversely Allen Iverson and his circa 2000 Philla 76ers went broad at the shoulder. Did it make it less appealing given its effectively a footy jumper? hmmm. good question.

Allen-Iverson-Feature.jpg

I thik i got it. Its the simplicity. There;s no stripes, yokes, hoops, sashes. Just letters/name of the team or city. That's cool, ace and grouse. Like this....

03GCAd20JSP568987606.JPG

Matt Rowell wondering "why can't I wear this around New York?"

wait. no.

So whats the answer? Is it the culture/popularity of the sport that affects the worlds view? NBA jerseys, soccer shirts are hugely popular giving a massive swell of support. But ask anyone in afl media or fandom, they will say afl is the greatest game in the world, biggest crowds. Yet the uniforms are limited.

Soccer shirts

Just like a regular tee or collared shirt. easy and everyday.

They're meant to if they don't want to get sued.
Yep so I’ve found out, probably why the editor is very apologetic to someone I know.

Anyone deal with motion sickness and had any wins?

Partner isn’t great as a passenger in vehicles, on boats or planes.

Meclizine which you can get off Amazon has a lot of good reviews. Apparently you can’t get it here though, so no good if it’s something that might pop up on a work drug test, etc.

What you can do these days is quote tweets as a source. You don't need to name the actual tweeter either, you can roll with "one comment on social media said...", what an art journalism is today.
This paper has published a public notice from an anonymous person that was factually incorrect. The business in question is seeking to know who the anonymous person is as well as a full page public apology

Meclizine which you can get off Amazon has a lot of good reviews. Apparently you can’t get it here though, so no good if it’s something that might pop up on a work drug test, etc.
For boats I’ve used wrist bands which activate a pressure point and they work really well.

Kwells work a treat.

Drug-wise you basically have two options: antihistamines (e.g. meclizine, dramamine) or scopolamines (e.g. kwells)

Kwells is the most heavy-duty solution, it physically blocks the nerve signals to the brain associated with motion sickness. It is generally what ocean sailors take. But antihistamines can also work for less severe symptoms, or if you get a lot of side effects with Kwells.

Whatever you take, the critical bit is to start taking it before you get sick. Once you're sick, pretty much nothing helps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back