Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Do channel 9 know Plastic Bertrand is Belgian not French?

Whoever came up with that Channel 9 Plastic Bertrand promo for the Paris Olympics either don't know he is Belgian or don't care.

That being said I tried to go on a tour of the Stade de France when I was in Paris and the tour was cancelled that day due to a concert being rehearsed there and none other than Plastic Bertrand was rehearsing there at the time playing his one and only hit.

The French try to claim him as their own just like the Australians try to claim Crowded House as their own when Neil Finn is a Kiwi.

Is Andrew’s hamburgers in albert park still pretty good? Been about 10 years since i went

I've never been there but Roco and Finey used to rave about their hamburgers on the Footyology podcast.

They were one of their sponsors though so they had to talk them up.

Last edited:
Whoever came up with that Channel 9 Plastic Bertrand promo for the Paris Olympics either don't know he is Belgian or don't care.

That being said I tried to go on a tour of the Stade de France when I was in Paris and the tour was cancelled that day due to a concert being rehearsed there and none other than Plastic Bertrand was rehearsing there at the time playing his one and only hit.

The French try to claim him as their own just like the Australians try to claim Crowded House as their own when Neil Finn is a Kiwi.

I've never been there but Roco and Finey used to rave about their hamburgers on the Footyology podcast.

They were one of their sponsors though so they had to talk them up.
Reckon Roco has hit the Burgers pretty hard over the last few years if you compare photos... or it could be something else....???

Image 23-05-2024 at 22.13.jpg
jibby

If someone has lost weight by lap band surgery or Ozempic do you think less of them? I don’t personally, if it works who gives a shit right?

I know someone who used Ozempic and lost a fair bit, have heard the odd comment “oh but she used Ozempic though”, I think that’s unfair tbh.

If someone has lost weight by lap band surgery or Ozempic do you think less of them? I don’t personally, if it works who gives a s**t right?

I know someone who used Ozempic and lost a fair bit, have heard the odd comment “oh but she used Ozempic though”, I think that’s unfair tbh.
As someone who has struggled with weight their whole life I certainly don’t begrudge anyone who chooses those options to lose weight. I’m looking at trying ozempic however I have found the keto diet to be helping. The only issue I can see with those options is they don’t necessarily teach the person healthy lifestyle choices and changes and as such they can still fail.

As someone who has struggled with weight their whole life I certainly don’t begrudge anyone who chooses those options to lose weight. I’m looking at trying ozempic however I have found the keto diet to be helping. The only issue I can see with those options is they don’t necessarily teach the person healthy lifestyle choices and changes and as such they can still fail.

The way I see it is that the best way to lose weight and maintain the loss is through exercise and proper diet. Achieving this is basically impossible for a lot of people for a variety of reasons.

Things like Ozempic and even keto are not sustainable long term imo, but it might give you a head start and sometimes weight loss can inspire you to make changes that can be sustainable. Of course you can just stack it back on after keto/Ozempic but it's better to try something IMO.

My wife is currently on it, apparently it's safe and whatever, I don't know. She did have nausea and generally lethargic early on but there are some tablets you can take which appears to be working (I suppose the tablets are safe too).
I've seen some unsettling stuff about impacts on the gut and especially brain. It really doesn't look studied well enough.

Possibly dampening mental enthusiasm for food - and maybe many other things that we enjoy. But of course not everyone suffers the worst side effects.

Interesting video about effects and issues, but I'm not up for getting into a bigger discussion about it at the mo. Maybe another day, but no doubt there's a discussion in another thread somewhere.

If someone has lost weight by lap band surgery or Ozempic do you think less of them? I don’t personally, if it works who gives a s**t right?

No but I used to work with someone who was VERY open (and I'm talking @all emails with competition pics and stuff) about their fitness and body building adventures and how they used to be overweight but through hard work, dieting and exercise had achieved these stunning results.

Found out later they had had lapband surgery too but obviously wasn't as open about that small detail for some reason.

No but I used to work with someone who was VERY open (and I'm talking @all emails with competition pics and stuff) about their fitness and body building adventures and how they used to be overweight but through hard work, dieting and exercise had achieved these stunning results.

Found out later they had had lapband surgery too but obviously wasn't as open about that small detail for some reason.

Company emails talking about your weight loss journey? For ****s sake. And yeah clearly they may have been embarrassed about the lap band but I wouldn't judge, a few probably would I guess.

I've lost a lot of weight in the last 2 years but I don't really mention it unless I'm asked about it. I certainly don't want to be the guy who has lost weight and can't stop talking about it, and even worse telling people how they can do it unprompted, those ones are annoying I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gina Rinehart and Joe Hockey probably told similar stories about their miraculous weight loss.

Ha ha, was sort of on topic but fair enough. I've prob talked about it a bit on here, for all you guys know I could be making it up!
I picture you looking like the bad ass in your profile pic mate.

I picture you looking like the bad ass in your profile pic mate.

Same height, er I'm white as well, probably where the comparisons end!

Yep. With pics. And preachy. Cringe af. My cringe meter blew up when I heard about the surgery later on.

That's the worst, **** those people. I mean a large % of the population probably aren't happy with their weight, no one wants to hear people tell them what to do in that regard

When did they stop giving the barometer reading on the weather forecast? I never really understood what a millibar was and why I should care if it was rising, falling or steady but it was a reassuring presence.
You can get a gauge of it by looking a Livina's delicious caboose...
or Jane Bunn's fun bags.

hit the weights drop the calories and be smart about what you put in
went from nearly 89 to 84 and just those 5 kgs dropped along with the weights and i actually look much fitter and bigger.
just definition i think
lost the skinny fat look
at 51 as well
taken about six months of steady work
i know some people have health probs and or physical ailments and i feel for them, they will put on weight looking at a sandwich and some people just can't perform lifting exercises because of injury or even more serious reasons but lets be honest most people just won't commit and have no discipline.
it takes time, there is no magic quick fix

it's an hr out of my day
4,30am im lifting

sorry for off topic but noticed some talk prev about the ozempic etc

Do you ever wonder how many BigFooty posters you are sitting near when you're at the footy? I find it funny that there must be a high likelihood that I'm sitting next to people that I've chatted to for 10+ years lol

Do you ever wonder how many BigFooty posters you are sitting near when you're at the footy? I find it funny that there must be a high likelihood that I'm sitting next to people that I've chatted to for 10+ years lol
I've met people at the footy back when I used to go that mentioned the site but we didn't exchange usernames

Remove this Banner Ad

Back