The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my performance review on Wednesday.

I work in insurance and want to tell them I want to do my Tier 1, which I am sure they will be fine with. Also want to ask for a pay rise. Thoughts?

Make sure you can justify your reasonings :thumbsu:

Do some market research to justify the payrise. Don't ask for it 'just cos'
I am the second most experienced/knowledgable in my team after manager and the 2IC.

I was recently nominated for a customer service award for my willingness to help new team members and things like that.

I wouldn't expect one, but I do work hard and always am willing to learn etc.

I am the second most experienced/knowledgable in my team after manager and the 2IC.

I was recently nominated for a customer service award for my willingness to help new team members and things like that.

I wouldn't expect one, but I do work hard and always am willing to learn etc.
What about salary survey data for comparable roles? Did you get CPI increase last year?

I do payroll at work (very small business) - my boss asked me to provide a list of everybody's salaries. The list I found included my predecessor's salary as well, which was $7.5k more than this shmuck accepted. Not sure how to get mine up that much, even though I am doing a better job from all accounts.
You should mention that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, forgot to respond this morning.

It's okay if you're in the average so long as you can justify how your output is above average...not sure what industry you're in but are you able to demonstrate actual results achieved?
No dramas.

I will probably just leave it. We are measured on KPIs/output etc, I have been there the second longest in my team (aside from manager and 2IC), so I am probably where I should be at.

No dramas.

I will probably just leave it. We are measured on KPIs/output etc, I have been there the second longest in my team (aside from manager and 2IC), so I am probably where I should be at.
I ask my staff every year for them to come up with their own payrise, which we can then discuss. Mostly they ask for around CPI. Because most good workers undervalue their contribution, every year, I pay less in payrises than I would if I came up with the number on my own. More often than not I talk them up from their number but add in extra productivity clauses. If you are doing a good job, make the company more money than you cost and can show ways to improve that situation with a payrise, then a Manager should be jumping at that opportunity.

You should mention that.
Had our performance reviews today (me too even though I've only been there 4 months), went really well but I got too shy to bring up salary. Then he finished up saying he was increasing my salary $5k starting August 1. Still not quite as much as the last girls, but pretty stoked nonetheless.

Had our performance reviews today (me too even though I've only been there 4 months), went really well but I got too shy to bring up salary. Then he finished up saying he was increasing my salary $5k starting August 1. Still not quite as much as the last girls, but pretty stoked nonetheless.
That's awesome dg!

In my experience women find it much harder to negotiate salary than men. As long as you're backed by facts and not emotions then you've got nothing to lose by asking!

Yes, I think it's a legal thing.

Ok, ta

This is the first year said organisation has done it, and it wasn't advertised in their notice in the paper. Very odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back