The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My mum bought a new Ford Fiesta in 2012. I went with her to test drive a heap of cars in the same class, and we both agreed that the Fiesta was the best bang for your buck. It's a little more expensive than some of its asian competitors, but it drives really well and feels a lot more refined on the inside. It hasn't had any mechanical issues at all.

I am open to suggestions. Want to spend around $13-$15K. Automatic as well.

I think Fiesta are ok. Heard some good things about them. It's more the Escape and mid-size and suvs I've heard bad things about.

I'm a fan of Mazda3 as I said. You get get one a few years old for around that. Civics are good but a little boring. I'm not sure how expensive they are in Australia but maybe something like Golf or Fiat. You could also get a loaded Hyundai, which are much better since they stole all intelligence from Audi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Fiesta are ok. Heard some good things about them. It's more the Escape and mid-size and suvs I've heard bad things about.

I'm a fan of Mazda3 as I said. You get get one a few years old for around that. Civics are good but a little boring. I'm not sure how expensive they are in Australia but maybe something like Golf or Fiat. You could also get a loaded Hyundai, which are much better since they stole all intelligence from Audi.

Civic is what I had. Great car, never gave me any trouble at all.

God I hate shopping for a car- to me it's a real chore. My fm has volunteered to go car shopping with me tho, she ****en loves it. I would rather just someone drive a car to my place and i hand them a cheque.

Civic is what I had. Great car, never gave me any trouble at all.

God I hate shopping for a car- to me it's a real chore. My fm has volunteered to go car shopping with me tho, she ****en loves it. I would rather just someone drive a car to my place and i hand them a cheque.

I don't hate it but I get a little carried away with it. I was driving my wife nuts with all research and test driving I did before deciding. She had the final call though because in the end it was for her. Definitely tried to sway her though.

I know I have asked before, but has anybody got a fair idea how offset accounts work re: mortgage?

For arguments sake, let's say we have 50k by the time of settlement. If we want to throw 35k straight onto the mortgage, spend 10k on furniture etc, and keep 5k in the bank - does all of it become redundant as it's an offset account and goes straight to the mortgage anyway, and we just take out what we need/want?

Done a bit of a s**t job at explaining it, sorry if I am unclear. Any advice would be appreciative. Cheers folks.

The way ours works, the money is better off staying in your offset. The interest is the same whether it's in the mortgage or offset, but most banks will charge you to take the money back out of the mortgage should you need it later on

If we weren't lazy, we'd pay everything by credit card, then pay off the card before card interest kicks in, so as to keep as much money in the offset for the most amount of time

Hmm...Don't want to spend a ton. Just trying to think of fun stuff for the kids. Any ideas welcome. They are only little. Three and one and a half.

Ballarat Wildlife Park. Take a picnic and feed the kangaroos. Plenty of demos too can pat a Koala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back