The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided on the car I want (not the Mazda), and look like I'll be getting it next week! :D

Pretty excited, although it's a bit daunting as the whole car-buying process is new to me, especially doing it privately. Feel like there's so many questions I need to ask and things I need to find out so there's no nasty surprises.

Paid for RACV to give it a comprehensive check-over tomorrow, while I'm meeting with the bank in the morning to organise a loan.

One question I do have though, who's responsibility is it to get a roadworthy? The guy I am buying it off says it's up to me, but the girls in the office today said it should be his deal, although a couple said it depends what the car is priced at.

Decided on the car I want (not the Mazda), and look like I'll be getting it next week! :D

Pretty excited, although it's a bit daunting as the whole car-buying process is new to me, especially doing it privately. Feel like there's so many questions I need to ask and things I need to find out so there's no nasty surprises.

Paid for RACV to give it a comprehensive check-over tomorrow, while I'm meeting with the bank in the morning to organise a loan.

One question I do have though, who's responsibility is it to get a roadworthy? The guy I am buying it off says it's up to me, but the girls in the office today said it should be his deal, although a couple said it depends what the car is priced at.

I always thought if it was registered then it's the owners problem, if unregistered the new owners problem.

The owners, do not, I repeat DO NOT, buy the car without a roadworthy. If he kicks up a stink and you're getting a decent deal tell him you'll pay for half of the inspection cost but only if you're getting an awesome deal and feel generous. He wont sell it without one.

One tip- never buy a car from a person who is overseas.

I gave the flatmate a $200 deposit, drove the car to my house and then the keys were given back to the fm and gave her a lift back home.

The ****ing car sat in the driveway for about a month because the first "letter of transfer of ownership" was missing the VIN number, then the next letter she sent me the VIN number was missing one digit. :mad::mad:

Ended up submitting the original one without the VIN number at all and Vic Roads accepted it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone good with photography? Just wondering how much you would need to fork out for a camera like the ones they use for sporting games with those massive lenses?
The proper * off professional cameras where the lenses are like half a metre long are like 10k.

The proper **** off professional cameras where the lenses are like half a metre long are like 10k.
You won't get much change out of 10K.

EDIT: Cruyff beat me.
Yeah figured as much. I started work for a sporting team and they use this terrible Stills camera and it's hard to take better pictures of the players in action that those guys. Really frustrating.

That's one of the tests.
The other is to identify who to be a campaigner to. Generally, the younger unemployed. Sometimes students as well.

Fitting in to the student category, I've never had a problem with them being campaigners when going there.

That's one of the tests.
The other is to identify who to be a campaigner to. Generally, the younger unemployed. Sometimes students as well.

I get that SOME people would be difficult to deal with but having worked in customer service for many many years, I was taught that you should treat your client in the same manner that you would like to be treated and that every client should be treated as though they are your first client. The total lack of "care" that I've witnessed in the last two days has been appalling to say the least.

On a side note, My daughter needs to make an appointment for a phone interview - the next available appointment is February - that's just ridiculous

Yeah figured as much. I started work for a sporting team and they use this terrible Stills camera and it's hard to take better pictures of the players in action that those guys. Really frustrating.
If the club has any sort of budget you can get a good camera for amateur sports photography for about 2K.

I get that SOME people would be difficult to deal with but having worked in customer service for many many years, I was taught that you should treat your client in the same manner that you would like to be treated and that every client should be treated as though they are your first client. The total lack of "care" that I've witnessed in the last two days has been appalling to say the least.

On a side note, My daughter needs to make an appointment for a phone interview - the next available appointment is February - that's just ridiculous

I think it depends where you are CP. I was unemployed for maybe a total of 1-1.5 years and whenever I dealt with them they were fine.

A friend in Pakenham, omg the s**t he put up with. Was just constantly going around in circles with them.

Fitting in to the student category, I've never had a problem with them being campaigners when going there.
I think with students its up to the person behind the desk.
Young unemployed - pull out every trick learned in campaigner training, especially if little working background
Students - meh
Mid-life unemployed - mix and match, be a campaigner if they start hitting "long term"
Aged pension - sacked if you be a campaigner to them
Unemplyed nearing pension - lost cause, get them through, no campaignering required
Disability pension - don't be a campaigner, even if they are young, because the department might get sued

Basically, I think the rules are that the more Alan Jones thinks a person is a "bludger" or "undeserving poor" the greater the campaigneration level to be applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back