The real legacy of Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at how much Trump’s influence has been diminished by losing access to the most powerful social media platforms in the world. Yes he’s still here and he still wields influence, but that influence has been greatly reduced.
What point are you making here? Trump's influence has been diminished because he's no longer president. That generally happens when someone leaves the White House.

We hear less from him, partly because of the Twitter ban, but how much has his influence been diminished within the GOP?

He's the presumptive nominee for 2024, if he runs. And 75 percent of Republicans believe his election lie.

So to whatever extent Trump has been muzzled, other Republicans and the echo chamber have picked up the slack.

Trump owns that party, even without Twitter.

You make a good point. Maybe this would of happened in the us anyway even without social media.

still doesnt change the fact that better regulation of media is needed. Of both social media and more traditional forms. The problem of social media is it gave idiots a widespread voice and this has helped mainstream media types recognise what the idiots want To hear.
Again, talkback radio was giving a platform to nutters long before Twitter came along.

Blaming social media is a mischaracterisation of the real problem, which is the increasingly unhinged politics of the RW as they watched their majorities vanish.

What point are you making here? Trump's influence has been diminished because he's no longer president. That generally happens when someone leaves the White House.

We hear less from him, partly because of the Twitter ban, but how much has his influence been diminished within the GOP?

He's the presumptive nominee for 2024, if he runs. And 75 percent of Republicans believe his election lie.

So to whatever extent Trump has been muzzled, other Republicans and the echo chamber have picked up the slack.

I think you're missing the big picture here. Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are allowing distorted ideas and viewpoints to be distributed to millions of people in a basically uncensored format, everything from election stealing, flat earth, 9/11 conspiracies, white supremacists etc etc. Why? For advertising revenue. People like Trump and the RWNJ are only just one group of many who are taking advantage of this.

I think you're missing the big picture here. Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are allowing distorted ideas and viewpoints to be distributed to millions of people in a basically uncensored format, everything from election stealing, flat earth, 9/11 conspiracies, white supremacists etc etc. Why? For advertising revenue. People like Trump and the RWNJ are only just one group of many who are taking advantage of this.
Sorry, what's your point?

The distorted ideas are the issue, not social media. And distorted ideas were being circulated long before social media came along.

I agree that social media has been an accelerant but it didn't produce these ideas. Misinformation isn't new.

plus his unhinged ex-presidential statements get put out on Twitter all the time. He’s off his rocker. Even the Qanon Shaman’s lawyer isn’t a fan

The real legacy of trump is the absolutely pathetic coup attempt last January.

All these man boobed militias, Doomsday preppers, gun toting Jesus freaks, pizza gate worshippers, etc had been salivating for an opportunity like that for at least 2 decades and that was the result?

Looked like something that was planned literally 2 minutes beforehand and shows just how low the intelligence of these people really is.

Looks like it might be the SC overturning Roe and denying women potentially life saving medical treatment.
I listened to the hearing, and you could be right.

All 4 conservatives were looking for a way to water it down.

Shocking and I hope it backfires on them and the Republicans.

Decision due in June.

America, Land Of The F***ed:

She doesn't even understand Grade 4 mathematics.

The real legacy of trump is the absolutely pathetic coup attempt last January.

All these man boobed militias, Doomsday preppers, gun toting Jesus freaks, pizza gate worshippers, etc had been salivating for an opportunity like that for at least 2 decades and that was the result?

Looked like something that was planned literally 2 minutes beforehand and shows just how low the intelligence of these people really is.
These are the same types that have been protesting in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F***ing sad isn't it?

Utterly tragic what is happening. I’m nearly 60 now & this is the most pessimistic I’ve been about the prospects for humanity.
I know things ebb & flow with time & lots of people are doing wonderful things but it seems democracy as it has been is done. We need a new system as this one has been completely corrupted by psychopaths.
It’s not much different in Australia with Morrison’s government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back