Analysis The rebuild of Carlton and Brisbane and their future prospects

Which team has the better future prospects on-field?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does the team play poorly for such long stretches of game time? Every game they seem to play extremely poorly for a half and turn it around the other half or vise versa. Is it coaching?

Thats some record they have in 2020 of teams scoring at will multiple consecutive goals.

Its like the coach has no Plan B.

Lels shat the whole bed last time that happened 😂

At least we got to the bed.

Your Club has not been there for over two decades, your record is as bad if not worse as Essendon that you make fun of. Irony.

Last edited:
Yes to sh*t in it and as a result stuff up your football club.
This thread is about Carlton. Youre deflecting the thread topic.

Is it a salty reaction from todays result?

In regards to the thread OP, I think Carlton will make the 8 towards the end of the 2020s. Hang in there.

Carlton need to add a couple of key players. Williams would be perfect and Papley would be a great addition. Jack Graham or similar is needed.

Younger players need to step up and be given the opportunity to step up

The addition of a fit Charlie Kemp Marchbank Jack Dow Kennedy Martin Newman will make a massive difference as will a fit Cripps

I expect a much improved Cuningham Gibbons Setterfield Walsh Fisher O’Brien Cottrell Honey Philp TDK Pittonet Williamson McGovern in 2021 as well. A Senior Reserves side will really help

Now we just need to make things happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were in finals contention despite having shown little ability to arrest opposition momentum. Fix that, a few tweaks and they'll be top 8 bound. It's easy to sh*t on them right now, but it's not as bad as it seems imo.
They had the 3rd oldest B22 this round. They are playing all the oldies in the main positions and still fell short of finals.

EFA

Any claim beyond that is pure fantasy.
In regards to the OP, I think unfortunately Carlton are going to endure another rebuild.

I do think by the 2030s you will possibly be playing finals since 2011?

With the right rebuild and coach, the 2030s could be Carlton's decade to win a final possibly.

Brisbane were in a similar position to us 2 years ago. They then added Neale, Cameron and a few others and it’s taken them to the next level. We need similar

Adorable and Brave.

Im not. Surely you dont count 2013 when you got to the finals by default?

2011 is the last time, Carlton earned the right to play finals.

Yep and we have been in a rebuild since 2015 which was always going to take between 5-7 years given how bad we cut back our list.

During that time I have never heard the club say once we expect finals. Next year is the first time I would think that will happen

Back