Analysis The rebuild of Carlton and Brisbane and their future prospects

Which team has the better future prospects on-field?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't laugh to hard. 27 years and that is a whole other lifetime ago for about 40% of the population.

Carlton will be fine. I'll laugh plenty.

Primed for deep finals runs for the next 5-7 years with Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Hewett, Cerra, Saad and Docherty all in the sweet spot in terms of age. And a proper coach in Voss.

Catch you around. :thumbsu:

Primed for deep finals runs for the next 5-7 years with Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Hewett, Cerra, Saad and Docherty all in the sweet spot in terms of age. And a proper coach in Voss.

As always miss the point.

The sweet spot is 21 - 28?

Big sweet spot.

What have Carlton done since they got punished for cheating?

Nothing yet. Will play finals for the next half decade and give themselves an opportunity to win something of note.
Also worth noting that literally every team was cheating the salary cap pre-2000. Some just got caught, some didn't. :poo:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What point are you trying raise?
You need a core of quality players in that age bracket to go on finals runs.

Do you disagree?
I just made an observation. Big sweet spot.

I just made an observation. Big sweet spot.

A good observation, nonetheless!
The usual sweet spot is 23-28 (approximately, give or take a year). Walsh gets counted in there early on account of him being... unusually good.

Incredible, how do you guys manage to prove everyone correct time and time again.

The bar is set pretty low by yourself and other opposition supporters, to be fair.

Also worth noting that literally every team was cheating the salary cap pre-2000. Some just got caught, some didn't. :poo:
Elliot was unbelievably moronic. There was a moratorium where clubs confessed their breaches and had the slate wiped clean. Elliot said - nah we haven't cheated the salary cap and then got done for cheating the cap.

Weitering, Mckay, Walsh and Curnow will be very good players for a long time. Cerra and Hewett look to be fairly run of the mill midfielders, albeit good AFL players. Not sure you'd make a claim that Doc, Saad or Cripps will be playing let alone in their prime in 5-7 years. (Particularly with Cripps injury history).

Back