The 'Recruit'

Remove this Banner Ad

What about that Brackin lad. Paints his nails, pole dances and shares a girlfriend. Who the f**k shares a girlfriend with another guy?

He is a flog of the highest nature, doesn't look like he's any good on the field..

Exactly? Didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just stating he might like both

Pointing it out, as though it needs to be pointed out, implies some sort of judgement, or encourages some sort of judgement.

He is a flog of the highest nature, doesn't look like he's any good on the field..

From the hours of footage they've shown of him playing and speaking, of course...

He's probably been focused on the least of any of the 12 so far.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124125502&c=0-3232-0-276709-0&pool=1

Looks like Beaumaris have picked up Waylen and he kicked six goals for them out of nine in a losing side. I know Goss is from Old Xavs but he didnt play?
Refer to the following
Heard from someone on the show that the majority of players who lasted past the first few delistings picked up niggling injuries like muscle strains and stress fractures, due to the intense workload loaded onto them by Voss and Burgess.

what you see with Waylan you see a lot with Indigenous kids that come from communities far from the big smoke (remember a kid could Jarrah). I am certain AFL clubs go through everything that they are going through with Waylan. That's why he has been cut some slack. IMO opinion a tall poppy can have more of detrimental effect on a group then a guy that hasn't had to experience "hard work" and that is struggling to adapt far from what he knows. I know in my footy club if a player came in all cocky (DJ) he would be cut down and put in his place quick smart.
That's why he was in the bottom 3.

Oh god. That is wonderful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty certain DJ doesn't win it. He lives in Adelaide and works as a personal trainer at the same gym a mate of mine works at.

It'll be a midfielder who wins it. Semmel wouldn't surprise me, if Barlow can make it why not him?

I'm pretty certain DJ doesn't win it. He lives in Adelaide and works as a personal trainer at the same gym a mate of mine works at.

It'll be a midfielder who wins it. Semmel wouldn't surprise me, if Barlow can make it why not him?
He's old and to quote Burgo 'he can't run'. Where as Barlow has elite endurance doesn't he? Plus why if he's any good is he playing local footy for so long and not being in the VFL at any stage for the last 2 years? Looks like a guy who has skills but didn't persist or get enough help at the right age to make it.

He's old and to quote Burgo 'he can't run'. Where as Barlow has elite endurance doesn't he? Plus why if he's any good is he playing local footy for so long and not being in the VFL at any stage for the last 2 years? Looks like a guy who has skills but didn't persist or get enough help at the right age to make it.

The whole point of the show is to find a suburb/country footballer, not a guy that's been at the semi professional level. A lot of the guys running around in divy 1 league and top tier country leagues are streets better footballers than blokes at state level, it's very possible and probable that elite players from suburban leagues could step in and contribute at the highest level.

I like Semmel, he is 26 so would have 6 or so years left in him, he would be a guy that would thrive in the elite environment and whilst he may not be elite endurance wise( I believe he was 13s in the beep), he certainly isn't terrible. I'm sure an AFL club would be able to manage him and get him to the required level, at least the club that recruited him would know he will give everything he possibly has to be successful.

The whole point of the show is to find a suburb/country footballer, not a guy that's been at the semi professional level. A lot of the guys running around in divy 1 league and top tier country leagues are streets better footballers than blokes at state level, it's very possible and probable that elite players from suburban leagues could step in and contribute at the highest level.

I like Semmel, he is 26 so would have 6 or so years left in him, he would be a guy that would thrive in the elite environment and whilst he may not be elite endurance wise( I believe he was 13s in the beep), he certainly isn't terrible. I'm sure an AFL club would be able to manage him and get him to the required level, at least the club that recruited him would know he will give everything he possibly has to be successful.
Correct, plus pretty good cash at the levels below VFL...less workloads too

DJ being a PT has just about sealed him being a tool, for mine.

DJ being a PT has just about sealed him being a tool, for mine.

As a former PT myself I think your post is fairly ignorant. There are tools in every profession, however your generalisation in it self is toolish. You live in Canberra which must mean you're a educated toff, working in the government sector and likely overweight! That seals it for me, you're a tool.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back