The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2 year fixed term contract and if we’re going to part ways we can begin our search early in his final year. Impossible to not be a significant improvement. Happy enough with Pods but then I wasn’t outraged at Burton gett8ng the gig and was prepared to back in the club to not have completely rooted it up,

You've certainly got more faith than I do. I seriously questioned why the hell we were poaching the high performance manager from a woefully unfit Brisbane side that had just finished 17th/18th. All I could do was laugh in disbelief as the moron proceeded to hire his lackey from the same woefully unfit Brisbane side that had just finished 17th/18th again as he was promoted to lead the entire football department.

For those of you living in SA when was the last time Burton appeared in any media ?
Does he normally appear frequently?

He spoke briefly a day or two after the review was announced.
He mentioned that he welcomed the review and that it was a good business practice.

The way he spoke, as always, really made me angry at the club for hiring him.

👍🏼

Pat is too nice
Watching and hearing Jenny question and ask each girl what they thought they were doing wrong / right was amazing - she was firm and decisive - you couldn’t help completely trusting what she said but also in each girls ability to achieve it.

Jenny was my PE teacher back in the 80's at Wirreanda High, she was very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Podsiadly is the opposite of Burton and is a real team man.

From memory in his last season with us he stepped down to give his place to a younger player. Pretty good for a guy who had a limited career given he started playing late
Yep, we were playing him down back in the SANFL to start the year. Walsh wanted to bring him up when he dropped Hartigan, but Pods told 'em he was done at the end of the year, so he should pick Jake Kelly who might actually have a future.

Surely Burton cannot possibly survive the review.

Parts of this review would be an insult to Dunstall’s intelligence. Some of the recommendations will be the easiest ******* thing he’s ever compiled in his life.

Every time the obvious shortcomings of the footy department have been pointed out to Rob “Burton will be an elite football manager” Chapman, he acts like he’s just been told the moon’s made out of cheese.

A little stat: we now only have one player from each of the 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 drafts - Tex, Sloane, Talia, Smith. That's 4 out of 18 draftees and 15 rookies.

6 others are still playing elsewhere:
2007 - Dangerfield
2008 - Davis, McKernan, Henderson
2009 - Gunston
2010 - Lyons

Is that good? well of the 299 players drafted in 2007,08,09 and 2010 drafts (not counting rookie elevations) 115 played this year (38%) and 54 - or 18% played for the club that drafted them.

So our 22% still playing with us is not that bad and having drafted 10 players in those years who are still playing out of 18 is massively above aveage

Also expect the 2007 and 2013 draftees to be getting cut this off-season - big drop off for them is coming (our 2013 was Matt and Riley Knight):

Draft year: had a contract this year/with same club/total number drafted

Draftss.png

draftsssss.png

2003:3/1/69. 4% played
2004: 5/1/71. 7% played
2005: 11/6/66. 17% played
2006: 20/13/80. 25% played
2007: 24/12/69. 35% played
2008: 33/18/79. 42% played
2009: 28/12/73. 39% played
2010: 30/12/78. 38% played
2011: 38/13/75. 51% played
2012: 29/21/70. 41% played
2013: 47/35/62. 76% played
2014: 52/38/76. 68% played
2015: 56/49/70. 80% played

Last edited:
Parts of this review would be an insult to Dunstall’s intelligence. Some of the recommendations will be the easiest ******* thing he’s ever compiled in his life.

Every time the obvious shortcomings of the footy department have been pointed out to Rob “Burton will be an elite football manager” Chapman, he acts like he’s just been told the moon’s made out of cheese.
Or the moon's NOT made out of cheese?

He spoke briefly a day or two after the review was announced.
He mentioned that he welcomed the review and that it was a good business practice.

The way he spoke, as always, really made me angry at the club for hiring him.

Thanks for answering my question
That is some serious waffling

This one?

I'm hoping to post it again when I see the "Burton Sacked" thread

If he does get sacked, you should do one with the Poochie "my planet needs me" caption.

I think Burton needs to follow Pykes lead and have a good hard look at himself in the mirror and ask himself if hes the right person for the job.

Problem is Burton cant look at people when talking to them.

Back