Opinion The Rules Of Our Game - Kill Me Now...

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a shame. Gotta start somewhere I suppose.
Based on her performance on Sunday she will be on the AFL umpires' roster as early as next season, as long as she doesn't follow the example of many of her colleagues who go out of their way to make the game about them.

I'm on it.
voodoo-doll.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree - the push in the back when tackling someone from behind and the head high contact should only be paid when there is a sufficient force/contact that would deem it dangerous or able to cause injury. Basically, no harm, no foul. It's a physical sport for goodness sake.
Anything to allow greater span for umpire interpretations - :rolleyes: - is a hard no from me.
Gotta new job.

New skills to use.

I am a new god.

Of course.
Or just an old one, with new tricks.

Wait for one of our players to offend, throw the rule book at them, then quietly back away from the same interpretations of the rule when one of the ‘good guys’ infringes in the same manner.

Situation normal for the MRP

That ******* RULES COMMITTEE. They have to keep themselves relevant so they come up with new ways of ******* the game every season.

Also, the ridiculous interpretations of the 'deliberate' rule. Skilled players who can kick the ball 50-60m ahead to gain ground but then the ball bounces funny and goes out of bounds...pinged. Players who run over the line with the ball...not pinged.

AND ANOTHER THING. ******* goobers who flop around like a gasping fish pretending to be attempting to get rid of the ball...not pinged. Acting skills seem to be more important than football skills these days.
Agree totally with all that MEB..........but there is still one more that is totally ridiculous imo, and that is that contact below the knees crap that allows a dweller to run into a guy (who is on the ground fighting for the ball) with his legs, makes contact himself and ends up with a free!!! The original rule was called "sliding" and was brought in as a result of L.Thomas sliding in & breaking Rohans leg up in Sydney, and Adam Goodes was partial to a bit of sliding as well. But the rule of today has no resemblance to the original and should go back to the sliding interpretation, otherwise it is just a cheap free kick and the umps should be aware of the difference as well, the bloody robots!!! I saw a Port guy this season get kneed in the head on the ground and the other guy got the free..........really great head protection GIL :mad:

Just off the back of the latest list of annual "tweaks", if a supporter told you he/she was pretty much done with this infuriating game, would you sort of get it?

It's a sensible rule change, though I wish they hadn't used the word "faking" - could just have easily says "motions to handball, but doesn't complete the action." Covers not just faking to draw the free, but also the change of mind action. Means the ump wouldn't be second guessing a player's intention.

Look pretty common sense to me. Incredibly minor, common sense changes. I know that I am meant to he up in arms but I'd be more upset if a grand final was decided by someone getting a 50 meter penalty for being sucked in by a fake handball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back