North Melbourne - Marvel
Collingwood - SCG
St Kilda- Marvel

Carlton -
Adelaide - Adelaide Oval
Brisbane - Gabba
Melbourne - MCG
Collingwood - MCG

Collingwood have a tough draw. Playing teams above or thereabouts. Port aren’t easy at MCG. Sydney is the one where it shapes Fremantle.

Carlton have Melbourne, Brisbane, Collingwood in the last 3 weeks. Could go 0-3 or even 3-0 given how well they can play.

Brisbane could drop all games possibly given their track record at MCG and who knows what St Kilda turns up. That could open up a spot for Fremantle even if Collingwood keep winning

Fremantle needs to do 3-1 at the very least. 2-2 can be okay, but significant pressure on others teams dropping. Western Bulldogs away is a freaking tough task, just as much as Melbourne at home is. Have to pull one somehow.

The next month shapes the season no doubt

There was that talk about the records recent premiership teams had in the last 6 regular rounds of their premiership season. So we better go 4:0 over the last 4 rounds.

Currently we are the worst form side inside the top 8...

There was that talk about the records recent premiership teams had in the last 6 regular rounds of their premiership season. So we better go 4:0 over the last 4 rounds.

Currently we are the worst form side inside the top 8...
Not sure if 2012 is recent but Sydney lost 3 out of the there 4 H&A games that year.

But won the comp from 3rd winning 2 interstate finals by winning in Adelaide week 1 then beating Hawks at the G in the GF.

We will be lucky to scrape into the 8 at this rate.
That is definite pessimism.

We have a 2.5 game gap on Bulldogs and 3 game gap on Richmond.

Carlton have a very tough run to the finals. Finishing with Brisbane (away), Melbourne and Collingwood. If we win only 2/4 Carlton have to get two wins from those three games. If they do that and we only win 2/4 then we will finish 7th and likely play Carlton or Collingwood away in the finals.

I think if we win 4/4 we probably make top 2, definitely top 4. If we win 3/4 we'll probably finish 3rd or 4th. If we win 2/4 then I reckon we'll finish 5th, and any less than that we'll really just be making up the numbers in finals

Can't see us finishing top 4. We're now relying on other teams to help which is not good. I'm more worried about our form. We're slow and tired, making simple mistakes and costly errors. How do we address this? The intensity is only going to pick up from now until finals then final will go to a while new level. Very concerning..

Can't see us finishing top 4. We're now relying on other teams to help which is not good. I'm more worried about our form. We're slow and tired, making simple mistakes and costly errors. How do we address this? The intensity is only going to pick up from now until finals then final will go to a while new level. Very concerning..
Well just look at it this way there a young side who can get a little flat in the middle of winter finishing top 8 should be our goal, some finals experience and next year of we go!

Has anyone else been messing around with the ladder predictor?

Melbourne - Loss
Bulldogs - Win
West Coast - Win
GWS - Loss

I have us finishing 6th, we play 7th placed Collingwood or Carlton at home depending on who wins when they play each other in the last round of the season. (For the record id much rather play Collingwood than Carlton)

If we can manage three wins to put us in the top 4 and make it to a prelim that be a huge success for the year for where I personally believe our list is at.

1658722098190.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well just look at it this way there a young side who can get a little flat in the middle of winter finishing top 8 should be our goal, some finals experience and next year of we go!
Hell no. Get Fyfe, Switta, Lobb and Noddy in. Drop Colyer, Henry, Acres and Walters. We can make the grand final this year....and possibly even win it.

Has anyone else been messing around with the ladder predictor?

Melbourne - Loss
Bulldogs - Win
West Coast - Win
GWS - Loss

I have us finishing 6th, we play 7th placed Collingwood or Carlton at home depending on who wins when they play each other in the last round of the season. (For the record id much rather play Collingwood than Carlton)

If we can manage three wins to put us in the top 4 and make it to a prelim that be a huge success for the year for where I personally believe our list is at.

View attachment 1456046
You think we're going to lose to GWS? Lol...

You think we're going to lose to GWS? Lol…

You don’t need to belittle his opinion.

Away in Canberra is never a sure thing.

It’s fine if u want to keep your purple glasses on but we’re clearly slowing down (which is fine!!) we’re a young team and Flagmantle was a pipe dream in 2022.

If we can play in 1 final that’s an achievement in itself.

You think we're going to lose to GWS? Lol...
Entitled to your opinion of course! just saying "lol" doesn't do much for discussion though. After watching GWS against a basically full-strength Carlton without Kelly, Hogan, Flynn, Idun, Davis, Whitfield, and Green out there I don't think it's that outlandish to think they could beat us at their home ground.

Maybe we don't lose to the Giants, still think we will somehow go 2 and 2 to finish the season, would be absolutely thrilled to get 3 wins though probably giving us a top 4 spot!

I would say no win is easy, but we would definitely be starting favourites against West Coast and Giants, and it's 50-50 against the Demons and Bulldogs. So I think we can win all 4, a good chance to win 3 and a high chance to win 2. If we go on current form, then I expect us to finish 5th or 6th, win this weekend, and then then 2nd is play.

Our best chance for top 4 is to go 3-1 and have Brisbane lose to Richmond and Melbourne. I think the Sydney horse has bolted with their dream draw.

Collingwood I think will go 1-3 or 0-4. And Carlton I think go 2-2 at best. So if we win our last 2 games, I think we should hold onto a home final at least.

My prediction is we lose the next 2, win the last two. Finish 5th versus Bulldogs.

Even if we stagger into 7th/8th, it still wouldn't be a complete disaster. We'd likely be playing Pies/Blues and it would be a winnable game plus MCG finals experience. The latter would be unlikely to happen if we finish 5th/6th, as an away loss to Brisbane/Sydney would be most likely if we won the first home final.

basically if we go 4-0 we'll be in the top 4 and possibly 2nd if things break our way. if we go 3-1 we'll likely be in the top 4, but would need 2 of Melbourne, Brisbane, Collingwood and Sydney to drop games (the first 3 two each, the latter one), which given the number of games against each other is very plausible. melbourne play us, brisbane and collingwood, collingwood also play sydney, and the lions don't have the easiest run either. it's possible for us to go 3-1 and not make the 4, but that'd need things to break out in the worst possible way for us. if we're good enough we can make top 4.

basically if we go 4-0 we'll be in the top 4 and possibly 2nd if things break our way. if we go 3-1 we'll likely be in the top 4, but would need 2 of Melbourne, Brisbane, Collingwood and Sydney to drop games (the first 3 two each, the latter one), which given the number of games against each other is very plausible. melbourne play us, brisbane and collingwood, collingwood also play sydney, and the lions don't have the easiest run either. it's possible for us to go 3-1 and not make the 4, but that'd need things to break out in the worst possible way for us. if we're good enough we can make top 4.
Good summary, basically on current form you'd expect us to go 2-2.
If we're going to be any real threat we need to go at least 3-1 and show some decent form.

You don’t need to belittle his opinion.

Away in Canberra is never a sure thing.

It’s fine if u want to keep your purple glasses on but we’re clearly slowing down (which is fine!!) we’re a young team and Flagmantle was a pipe dream in 2022.

If we can play in 1 final that’s an achievement in itself.

We are good in Canberra. Beat GWS there when they were a premiership favourite

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back