Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Mark Porter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leigh Colbert

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Briedis

A bit of an overstatement, but I do expect that the Roos put out a competitive side and I do get frustrated when they continue to put under-achievers into the side.

A bloke like Cochrane has been at the club a long time and has never stepped up to the level required to play AFL. Perhaps he is good enough etc, but it is not happening for him at North. It is time for him to move on to another environment IMO.

I believe that supporters have every right to scrutinize the team they follow if they wish. We put so much time and passion into supporting that it would not be natural if we were not dissapointed by players who continually make mistakes.

I've got to admit that I get frustrated with the performance of the team from time to time and certain players.Not just the one's who are bagged all the time , thats part of being a supporter.

It's odd that moods swing once we've strung a few wins together though.

I also have no problem with supporters scutinising the team.However ,I can't see the value of bagging or scapegoating players.

Originally posted by Cororoo

I've got to admit that I get frustrated with the performance of the team from time to time and certain players.Not just the one's who are bagged all the time , thats part of being a supporter.

It's odd that moods swing once we've strung a few wins together though.

I also have no problem with supporters scutinising the team.However ,I can't see the value of bagging or scapegoating players.

But, when players continually fail and are given plenty of chances year after year to succeed are we supposed to say nothing? I can see your point that some supporters seem to pick on a player because they have a personal dislike of them, but I think players like Cochrane and also Clayton have had their chances. I can understand if North keep Clayton as he has a least produced one good season so they may persevere.....but Cochrane has been given plenty of opportunities and is just holding back a younger player from coming through in my opinion.

Originally posted by Briedis

..but Cochrane has been given plenty of opportunities and is just holding back a younger player from coming through in my opinion.

cochrane has played a total of 33 games. a lot of the games he played this year he seemed to spend on his bum on the sidelines. whilst he hasn't set the world on fire, i cannot think of whom he is holding back. how old is he? 22? not exactly an old guy holding a youngster back - a criticism that may have been leveled at calthorpe this year.

Back