Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

He literally said almost exactly this when he was leaving the Dees. Them pushing him out had nothing to do with on-field and everything to do with off-field. Suspect it would be the same for us if it happens. I'm actually a little bullish after last night because it is the first time I can remember Hogan doing the 1% with us.

He does often talk about their forward line and that it went to **** after Hogan went. It is probably not all of the problem but it certainly is a big part of it.
Yep those 1%ers tell you everything imo. Feeling confident JL is getting Hoges on the right track and Jesse is buying in.

He's got plenty of footy smarts, way more than Taberner.
But that 50m penalty he gave away, was disgraceful.
That could've cost the game, coz it was at a critical time.
He must get rid of that bullshit

I'd suspect he wasn't sure what way the call was going and just desperately wanted to hit the scoreboard so he roled the dice on it being our way and it bite him.

Probably, but he's got to be better than that.
There was also the time he got his only free kick, and Acres took advantage and kicked to a Melbourne player that was on Shultz I think.
Bad move by Acres

I'd suspect he wasn't sure what way the call was going and just desperately wanted to hit the scoreboard so he roled the dice on it being our way and it bite him.
I was fuming at the time but I think this is it. He would know he hasn't kicked a goal in forever and it would be eating him. Still has to be better. If he keeps doing the rest of what he did last night he could kick 2-3 in a game easily. Especially if we get witches hat North.

I was fuming at the time but I think this is it. He would know he hasn't kicked a goal in forever and it would be eating him. Still has to be better. If he keeps doing the rest of what he did last night he could kick 2-3 in a game easily. Especially if we get witches hat North.
here's hoping we get broken witches hats Norf and a tight game against the Dogs to finish the season on a high note

At the time of the trade Lyon said that Melbourne didn’t need Hogan. He was adamant that Weideman and MacDonald were good enough as the talls. I got sent the clip from TV by my brother last week sometime but deleted it.

He's got plenty of footy smarts, way more than Taberner.
But that 50m penalty he gave away, was disgraceful.
That could've cost the game, coz it was at a critical time.
He must get rid of that bullshit
If a guy like Schultz or Conca had given away that 50m penalty, he would have been hung, drawn, and quartered around this place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a guy like Schultz or Conca had given away that 50m penalty, he would have been hung, drawn, and quartered around this place.
I remember it, but what was the 50 penalty for? I thought he’s gonna lose his s**t here, but he went hard at the next contest.
Although not hitting the scoreboard yet he was involved in some many of our scores.
As mentioned before his positioning and ability to make a contest made a massive difference last night.
That Taberner kick to him one on one was absolutely horrible and Jesse last year would’ve lost his s**t with that delivery - understandably as our delivery inside 50 is miss and miss.

All players make mistakes in games. AFL fans get real ornery about mistakes that in context are such a small fragment of what occurs in footy games. If your going to give away a 50 metre penalty that was the best place to do it.
Too much focus on negatives for mine in this thread. Jesse is integral to how we want to structure up, he's a very difficult matchup for a third defender.

He won't come out of the side except for injury going forward, needs continuity.

I remember it, but what was the 50 penalty for? I thought he’s gonna lose his sh*t here, but he went hard at the next contest.
Although not hitting the scoreboard yet he was involved in some many of our scores.
As mentioned before his positioning and ability to make a contest made a massive difference last night.
That Taberner kick to him one on one was absolutely horrible and Jesse last year would’ve lost his sh*t with that delivery - understandably as our delivery inside 50 is miss and miss.
50m penalty was for timewasting: kicking the ball after the whistle had been blown for a free the other way.

With the midfield improvement since the start of the year this is only his second game back, the mids will start hitting him up in time, as over the last couple weeks he has been on but the inside 50 has been poor.. his improvements in only those two games has been huge, he is just off his timing atm as expected missing a large chunk of footy... Alot smarter footballer than Lobb who has played predominantly as forward for most the year and offers little! Jesse pressure acts last night were key involvements in a few goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back