Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Im going to be perfectly honest. This has a serious stink to it and its really disgusting that we realistically cant take the clubs word on it. Unfortunately mental health issues are a get out of jail free ticket for clubs and players and it gets abused. You're kidding yourself if you dont think this is the case.

Its pretty obvious this is as much related to him having a bender the night before and its also obvious he had issues before he came over. Serious serious issues. Now, his drinking problem might be related to his anxiety (if what the club has said is true) but it didnt seem to stop him playing at Melbourne so why has it gotten worse here (something that seems to happen a lot btw).

Im absolutely gutted for this season

We have some serious issues behind the scenes and things have to change for us to go anywhere
They admitted that he was drinking the night before a training, that’s pretty open and straight to the point.

Well this sucks. Hopefully Jesse is able to get his personal issues sorted and wish him all the best in his recovery.

As a side point, I just watched Bell’s press conference and it shits me how the media are peddling this “Lachie Neale left because he felt players were unprofessional” angle. Happen to know for a fact that Neale was far from the squeaky clean professional he’s portrayed to be!

Im going to be perfectly honest. This has a serious stink to it and its really disgusting that we realistically cant take the clubs word on it. Unfortunately mental health issues are a get out of jail free ticket for clubs and players and it gets abused. You're kidding yourself if you dont think this is the case.

Its pretty obvious this is as much related to him having a bender the night before and its also obvious he had issues before he came over. Serious serious issues. Now, his drinking problem might be related to his anxiety (if what the club has said is true) but it didnt seem to stop him playing at Melbourne so why has it gotten worse here (something that seems to happen a lot btw).

We have some serious issues behind the scenes and things have to change for us to go anywhere
He didn't have all his mates around him in Melbourne.

I'm very close with someone who's heavily scrutinsed by the media on a regular basis.

All I can say is that fans, supporters and the like have no idea of someone's emotions/head space behind closed doors.

Many will put on a brave face out in public, but it's not a true reflection of how they're feeling.

There's more to life than just football, and I really hope Jesse gets the right support networks around him to help him through these tough times.

I’m guessing that the anxiety issue has been around for a while even prior to being recruited. The lad lost his father and has had his own significant health issues to overcome.
I have some understanding of the pressure and expectation that these young men endure - let’s hope Jesse can overcome his problems and develop into the best forward in the comp.

Yeah just watched the video, now posted on main board...he isn't drunk...gurning... molly by the looks of things.

Could be an old video? probably not I suppose considering the news.

He better pull his head in and start kicking goals, cant imagine what this does to the culture and moral when your big money new recruit is acting like a moron and letting the club down.

I'm very close with someone who's heavily scrutinsed by the media on a regular basis.

All I can say is that fans, supporters and the like have no idea of someone's emotions/head space behind closed doors.

Many will put on a brave face out in public, but it's not a true reflection of how they're feeling.

There's more to life than just football, and I really hope Jesse gets the right support networks around him to help him through these tough times.
I 100% agree with you. I cant imagine the pressure involved in being a public figure of this like but to be honest it doesnt matter to me because this is a reflection on the club and its current state, not him. He didnt develop these issues when he got here, he's clearly had them for a while but Melbourne were able to get the most out of him regardless. We have had that many issues over the last few years that are off-field that we clearly dont have the environment to support our players in a way that gets the best out of them on and off the field.

I am angry with the club, not Hogan.

If the photo at the Dock over summer wasn’t enough, surely this video will make him realise everyone has a camera on him and if he’s gonna be off his face, he’s always going to get caught and put out to the public. If not, then he deserves all the ridicule that comes his way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah issues with alcohol. Club couldn’t lie straight in bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw that elsewhere and was coming to share it. WTF do you say to something like that? Was this shot last Christmas or even years earlier?\

And what is it with Freo players and pulling their pants down? I'm no expert but there looks more than just alcohol involved there.

Bell statement wasn’t hiding anything. Jesse clearly has mental demons and has had a lot to deal with.

By the club outlining his behaviour is unacceptable and both Jesse and the Club acknowledging his anxiety issues has to be a positive for everyone involved.

For Jesse he will get the time and support he requires to develop the mechanisms without the constraints of time to deal with his issues and become a long term player for the club and mlre importantly in a better mental space.

For the club it sends a strong message that drinking in excess is unacceptable. If the club is prepared to stand down a marquee recruit, that is fit and available, in our biggest area of deficit when his back ups are injury ravaged then you better think twice about stepping out of line!

Bell statement wasn’t hiding anything. Jesse clearly has mental demons and has had a lot to deal with.

By the club outlining his behaviour is unacceptable and both Jesse and the Club acknowledging his anxiety issues has to be a positive for everyone involved.

For Jesse he will get the time and support he requires to develop the mechanisms without the constraints of time to deal with his issues and become a long term player for the club. For the club it sends a strong message that drinking in excess is unacceptable. If the club is prepared to stand down a marquee recruit, that is fit and available, in our biggest area of deficit when his back ups are injury ravaged then you better think twice about stepping out of line!
I think saying the club is taking a strong stance is a cop out. He turned up to training smashed, it would have gotten out and hiding it would have made it a ticking time bomb. They did the only thing they realistically could, they dont get credit for that

I think saying the club is taking a strong stance is a cop out. He turned up to training smashed, it would have gotten out and hiding it would have made it a ticking time bomb. They did the only thing they realistically could, they dont get credit for that

Obviously lol. Who cloned this woman, and why are they on this board supporting Freo?

Ben-Cousins-5577535 (1).jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back