Certified Legendary Thread The Squiggle is back in 2023 (and other analytics)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure. I'd take a year or two off footy if I were you and your brethren.
is that what this about? Squiggles rates Hawks slightly higher than Crows? 😂

is that what this about? Squiggles rates Hawks slightly higher than Crows? 😂

I invite you to peruse my posting history. I am very realistic about my own side. Outside of getting salty about people thinking we will finish last I am very aware we could finish anywhere between 10 and 17. If you want to troll a supporter who is delusional about their own side I suggest trying Carlton fans.

I invite you to peruse my posting history. I am very realistic about my own side. Outside of getting salty about people thinking we will finish last I am very aware we could finish anywhere between 10 and 17. If you want to troll a supporter who is delusional about their own side I suggest trying Carlton fans.

I think Crows will rise, don't think they finish bottom 6

And, not all Carlton supporters are delusional, I had us pegged for 11-13 wins this year 😉

Carlton supporters have every right to think their side will rise up into the top 4.

They have one of the better spines in the comp, and a very dangerous forward line overall.

Carlton supporters have every right to think their side will rise up into the top 4.

They have one of the better spines in the comp, and a very dangerous forward line overall.
They got destroyed by injuries last year. Really hope it doesn't happen again, Walsh is a huge loss.

That’s fair enough but we were pretty young , couple of tough finals wouldn’t have hurt us too much

Graph is just before the last round I think

View attachment 1578505

Very young. I'd argue too young.

Luke Jackson cannot possibly make up for losing Lobb, Mundy, Meek and Logue.

Love the young talent but look vulnerable in 2023.

Maybe cut too much experience and height in one go?

Don’t forget the mighty jager omega

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting that Squiggle isn't really rating Brisbane. I expect them to be top 2.

Squiggle rating hawks to stay similar to 2022, but the teams they lost senior players to, Collingwood, freo, Brisbane. Not going better or actually worse

Fremantle were 12th for scores per game during the season and didn't score much in the finals with scores of 73 and 59. They lost a few personnel and I think their their lack of scoring power catches up with them. They do have some young midfielders coming through but so do many clubs. I haven't followed the squiggle for a while but I believe it rates higher scoring teams as they give thenselves more of a chance to win.

The one I find odd is Brisbane. I know they got smashed by Geelong but that's one game and they've recruited well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did forget him.

Fyfe and Omeara hobbling around flexing their muscles doesn't fill me with confidence.
Logues covered in defense and forward we can definitely cover him

Mundy is the hard one to replace but Omeara aint that bad + Fyfe plays more this year hopefully

Lobb a massive loss but hopefully Taberner takes his spot if he is injury free (barely played ly), if not then Jackson is a big downgrade for now

We are definitely banking on our youth improving this year though, lets see if it happens

Meek wasn't getting a game

It's too hard to tell and so reliant on injury (to guys who have been prone historically TBF - Cox, AP, Tabs, Darcy). It's also really hard to predict how much we get out of replacements since they are either young and/or from other clubs. If I had to pick, I'd say slight regression mostly because I think we won't be as lucky with injury, which is where Logue especially would have been handy.

Logues covered in defense and forward we can definitely cover him

Mundy is the hard one to replace but Omeara aint that bad + Fyfe plays more this year hopefully

Lobb a massive loss but hopefully Taberner takes his spot if he is injury free (barely played ly), if not then Jackson is a big downgrade for now

We are definitely banking on our youth improving this year though, lets see if it happens

Meek wasn't getting a game
Logue finished 6th in ur b and f.

We'll miss him against Carlton and Geelong or when we have a KPD injury, but you're taking the **** if you watched him play forward in 2022 and actually think he was our 6th best player. Dude was selfless and put in the hard yards but wasn't very effective.

FTR, I don't have a problem with him finishing 6th either because no doubt he was executing what he was asked to do within limitations the coaches would be well aware of.

I agree with Fremantle fans. The dockers are a grit and grind team and rate effort and application more than other attributes.

This is why I think best and fairest results are kind of meaningless as coaches often use them to send a message about team ethos rather than grading on actual output.

Logue kicked 8 goals in the season. Yes he had a lot of one percenters, but a player who kicks more goals would be more effective. I think he's fairly replaceable as a forward. I do also think he's young and probably has a lot of scope to grow into one of Fremantle's best KPPs where he should be played. If he's asking for too much money or demanding a place in the backline, maybe it makes sense but young highly drafted KPP players don't grow on trees. I'd keep him as a defender.

I agree with Fremantle fans. The dockers are a grit and grind team and rate effort and application more than other attributes.

This is why I think best and fairest results are kind of meaningless as coaches often use them to send a message about team ethos rather than grading on actual output.

Logue kicked 8 goals in the season. Yes he had a lot of one percenters, but a player who kicks more goals would be more effective. I think he's fairly replaceable as a forward. I do also think he's young and probably has a lot of scope to grow into one of Fremantle's best KPPs where he should be played. If he's asking for too much money or demanding a place in the backline, maybe it makes sense but young highly drafted KPP players don't grow on trees. I'd keep him as a defender.
We would've liked to keep him as a defender but 800k (from Colin's mouth on backchat) means we never had a chance

Will be a good pickup for north but like I said, we can cover him in the forward line

We would've liked to keep him as a defender but 800k (from Colin's mouth on backchat) means we never had a chance

Will be a good pickup for north but like I said, we can cover him in the forward line
800k!? Holy moly that's overpaying. Fair enough.

You can cover. My general concern with Fremantle though is that their gamestyle is too negative and they don't have the forward weapons to kick enough goals. Teams like this will bounce into the eight but I'm not sure it will be a regular thing. They averaged 79 points per game which, even in this low scoring era is still below average. I'm also not convinced the dockers' away from this year holds up. Eight and a half wins is better than their record during the teams peak in 2013-2015.

Logue $800k!
That's ridiculous for essentially a role player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back