Society/Culture The SRP Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say that mainstream music no longer caters to guitar/rock/beatle-esque band music tastes at all...

not doubting some male R&B gets promoted...(of which i am no fan of)

However rock/guitar music no longer exists in the mainstream at all, whatsoever, gone..

mainstream music is mediocre and narcissistic and is targeted to females and males in the worst kinds of ways in the 'sexy sells; kind of way...(some of it is ok)

strange era for pop music, really odd, it's basically overly corporate and degrades women and men.

It no longer exists just for musicianship first, it used to be that way in certain decades, and was also way more classy. I've studied this many times over the years.
The music industry has suffered from over a decade of simple plagiarism, auto tune singing ability, the odd public acceptance of 5 prepubescent kids whose nuts have not dropped, none of whom can play an instrument and have all their music written in a "s**t factory" for them, being described a s band and a dominance of alleged Rhythm and Blues artists who simply sell what they imagine as the "fellow" lifestyle to poor black Americans happy to lick up every drop in order to finance their "fellow" lifestyle, all them time talking out of their disrespecting arses about being "disrespected".

Well may you say "disco sux" because R&B is the utensil and their public "swallows".

Last edited:
The music industry has suffered from over a decade of simple plagiarism, auto tune singing ability, the odd public acceptance of 5 prepubescent kids whose nuts have not dropped, none of whom can play an instrument and have all their music written in a "s**t factory" for them, being described a s band and a dominance of alleged Rhythm and Blues artists who simply sell what they imagine as the "******" lifestyle to poor black Americans happy to lick up every drop in order to finance their "******" lifestyle, all them time talking out of their disrespecting arses about being "disrespected".

Well may you say "disco sux" because R&B is the utensil and their public "swallows".
How is it any different than the 'drugs, sex and rock n roll' lifestyle? The only difference is that RnB artists are usually black.

The music industry has suffered from over a decade of simple plagiarism Robbie Williams, auto tune singing ability Milli Vanilli, the odd public acceptance of 5 prepubescent kids whose nuts have not dropped Hanson, none of whom can play an instrument Backstreet Boys and have all their music written in a "s**t factory" for them Monkees, being described a s band and a dominance of alleged Rhythm and Blues artists Destiny's Child who simply sell what they imagine as the "******" lifestyle Dr Dre to poor black Americans happy to lick up every drop in order to finance their "******" lifestyle, all them time talking out of their disrespecting arses about being "disrespected".

Agree 100 percent with those examples. All archetypes for the last 10 years of abject s**t dished up by "primarily" the US music industry and TV shows like Idol. You forgot to highlight Kanye West and his gangster inbreds.
Artistic mulch, within which very extremely rarely a real talent flowers, almost exclusivley from the indy music scene.

Agree 100 percent with those examples. All archetypes for the last 10 years of abject s**t dished up by "primarily" the US music industry and TV shows like Idol. You forgot to highlight Kanye West and his gangster inbreds.
Artistic mulch, within which very extremely rarely a real talent flowers, almost exclusivley from the indy music scene.
Kanye West has never pretended to be gangsta. He pretty much changed hip hop frrom gangsta by himself.

I guess the fact that the majority of his albums are incredibly well-received by critics doesn't matter.

...except those examples are from 15 - 25 years ago, or older. They pretty much all pre-date reality TV music shows. The complaints being made against "today's" music can just as easily be applied to music from 20 years ago... 40 years ago... 60 years ago. It's just about perspective.

The average person stops having any interest in new music at the age of 33. It is a natural phenomenon that the music of everyone's youth is amazing, and new music doesn't compare. My point is that this is purely the result of people and there is no objective measurement that would suggest today's music is inferior to previous generations.

Chuck Berry dies and noone gives a stuff. Amazing. Especially given the worship of Bowie etc

He even influenced bands like AC/DC who covered one of his songs.

I guess the fact that the majority of his albums are incredibly well-received by critics doesn't matter.

Correct. Has about as much to offer as Katrina and the Waves.

My dad thought disco was the pinnacle of music while my mum loved classical. I got into punk music as a result.

blackcat in the Tunnel back in the day.

disco_stu.png

Chuck Berry dies and noone gives a stuff. Amazing. Especially given the worship of Bowie etc

He even influenced bands like AC/DC who covered one of his songs.

Correct. Has about as much to offer as Katrina and the Waves.

Chuck Berry was a legend...
He was also 90. It wasn't exactly shocking news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...except those examples are from 15 - 25 years ago, or older. They pretty much all pre-date reality TV music shows. The complaints being made against "today's" music can just as easily be applied to music from 20 years ago... 40 years ago... 60 years ago. It's just about perspective.

The average person stops having any interest in new music at the age of 33. It is a natural phenomenon that the music of everyone's youth is amazing, and new music doesn't compare. My point is that this is purely the result of people and there is no objective measurement that would suggest today's music is inferior to previous generations.
I'm aware of their age...this is why those are archetypes...of the crap we get dished now.

It's a bit disingenuous to conflate one of the biggest artists in the world with a nobody simply because you don't get hip hop.
What's to get.
The music what KFC is to food.
It's the society addicted mediocrity which laps it up.

What's to get.
The music what KFC is to food.
It's the society addicted mediocrity which laps it up.

Elton showered praise on Mr. West’s critically-acclaimed fifth album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. “I grew to love R&B and Motown and all black music, gospel music. I never dismiss any form of music,” he told TeenMusic.com. “I listen to everything. I’m on the new Kanye West record, for example. It’s a genius record.”

He was quick to defend the genre against those who malign it. “People who mock rap, and say, ‘I don’t like it,’ they should go check out Kanye in the studio rapping,” said the knighted musician

Or, if you don't respect Elton John, here's Bruce Springsteen:

Ok, so that may seem like a prototypical dad answer, Springsteen did name-check two very relevant artists when asked if he listens to a genre aside from rock ‘n’ roll. “I like Kendrick Lamar a lot. He’s intense. He’s a great rapper, very intense. I like Kanye West, I think Kanye West makes great records. I love his records. Those are just very, very creative, amazing records.”

Lou Reed?

The musician, author and photographer analyzes the architecture and structure of each song, and notes that the intelligence of the album stems from West's ability to unbalance a listener. Listening to Yeezus, Reed says, requires active participation from the listener to reach its full effect. As a whole, Reed says, the album sets a new standard.

"There are moments of supreme beauty and greatness on this record, and then some of it is the same old s**t. But the guy really, really, really is talented," Reed writes. "He's really trying to raise the bar. No one's near doing what he's doing, it's not even on the same planet."

I will definitely take your word for it over the aforementioned nobodies.

Well you're stating that Kanye is trash when people who actually review music for publications all disagree with you.
When he signed up with team Kardashian - the music world just went - * off Kanye.
I mean it was worse than John and Yoko. At least Yoko was a genuine artist in Japan.

When he signed up with team Kardashian - the music world just went - **** off Kanye.
I mean it was worse than John and Yoko. At least Yoko was a genuine artist in Japan.

Speaking of Yoko and Chuck Berry, it reminded me of this moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back