No Oppo Supporters THE TAN 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
in that case its in my democratic right as an expression of free speech to call him an ape or a black campaigner regardless as to how it makes him feel, by your theory.
Of course it does, but it also makes you an absolute prick of a bloke at the same time, I never said you should.

He's stood up against racism and a lot of people don't like it.
Just as I can't say that everyone that boos is racist...because of course they aren't...I can't also say that everyone isn't a racist.
And it's in everyone's best interests that we're booing him and the country is filled with spoilt little lazy arseholes. I'll just leave those alone.

I've put my thoughts across. If we disagree, we disagree.
He has incited as much racism as he has tried to stand against

this is my 2 cents on the matter, well Goodes anyway...

1) he thinks by singling out our aboriginal people from everyone else thats good for the cause and standing up against rascism. But the reality is, that it only divides a greater wedge among society. Being selected as AOTY put him in the perfect position to do good, but instead he tried to create a greater divide. His speech along the line of "my people dont celebrate Australia Day, its invasion day etc etc" actually really pissed me off, for as I see it, him being AOTY he was representing EVERYONE no matter their race or religion, we were, at that time ALL HIS PEOPLE. I understand it is super important to acknowledge the heartbraek and issues that happened in the past, but here was his chance to bring us all together (that means Everyone taking a step forward, not just expecting it from the white folk), ackowledge what happened wasn't great, but lets all move forward, HE DIDN'T DO THAT. If he doesn't believe in celebrating Australia Day, does he actually believe in bringing this country together at all, and no-one forced him to be AOTY, he could have declined after he was nominated.

2) If you want to be a leader in change, bad things are probably going to happen to you and/or your family. Its not right, but history is littered with examples. If you want to stand up against racism, thats all well and good, but guess what, you only have to do it because their are racist people still out there, and they might not agree with what you have to say, and they are more than happy to usually tell you bout it.

I could explain both points in more detail but in simple terms....
1- I think he incites rascism in his action by dividing the community and singling out the aboriginal population rather than including everyone
2 - If your going to be vocal about a cause, people who dont agree will give you shit, if you dont like the shit, then dont be vocal, even if it should be ok to have both, REALITY tells you, you cant have both!

Whatever the motivations for booing Adam Goodes are, booing him AS an expression of free speech is a democratic right.
Yeah, mate.
Voltaire would be proud of such a wonderful USE of free SpeecH.

See what I DID there with CaPs.

And your Nicky Winmar argument. Ask yourself this...if Goodes didn't point the finger and raise the issue, would the booing occur? Of course IT wouldn't.

Yeah, mate.
Voltaire would be proud of such a wonderful USE of free SpeecH.

See what I DID there with CaPs.

And your Nicky Winmar argument. Ask yourself this...if Goodes didn't point the finger and raise the issue, would the booing occur? Of course IT wouldn't.
Why are you taking exception to me, I don't have the answers, nor am I taking any particular stance, just trying to make a bit of sense to it all.

Why are you taking exception to me, I don't have the answers, nor am I taking any particular stance, just trying to make a bit of sense to it all.
I refuted some of your arguments and also took the piss over your use of caps. All caps is one of my hot buttons. Just ask Dr Mike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I don't like the booing. When it comes down to it, regardless of why people started booing him, to continue to do so when the media and the man himself are calling it a racist action, is weak. Knowing that it rightly or wrongly is viewed as racist, would it really hurt, is it really asking too much, not to boo him?

Growing up as a white, heterosexual male leaves me pretty poorly qualified to comment on racism, but just like the Adam Goodes saga, the aboriginal issue in our country is far more complex than what is discussed on the comments on a facebook meme or on a footy forum.

I refuted some of your arguments and also took the piss over your use of caps. All caps is one of my hot buttons. Just ask Dr Mike.
OK, one two letter word capitalised for emphasis is hardly ALL caps. Can't for the life of me find where I used Nicky Winmar as an argument to refute though.

This stuff is off its head. Made by some dude in his backyard in Blackburn

124262EA-92F7-4AE4-9349-075A19DDEB33.jpg

82A376B6-3BF7-4789-B95D-7A8723E8913A.jpg

Sterling from Man City was booed every time he touched the ball when he was down here for the mini tournament.
Nobody gave a **** because he didn't give a ****. At the end of the day he has his money and women that will help him sleep at night.
Sporstman are professionals if they cant handle the booing they may as well give up.

Umpires get booed all the time too. We going to make that an issue.

**** me the AFL is run by soft ***** no wonder the sport is going backwards. I can guarantee players 15 years ago wouldn't even give a **** if they were booed. The fact this has become a bigger issue than it already is makes me hate Adam Goodes even more. He is a mentally weak campaigner. If I was a player I would feed on the boos and make sure I played even harder to piss off the fans even more.

Adam Goodes biggest problem is his form, he shouldn't have played on and he using the boos as an excuse to why he is not perming to the elite talent he was.
I wonder if he was getting 30 touches and 2 goals a game if he would even care about the boos.

Why can't u boo adam Goodes?? What a joke... This game is becoming so politically correct . Surprised they Havent banned farting at the footy
Better stop calling the umpires maggots while we are it.

No more singing the song after the games too. We wouldn't want the loosing team to feel bad after a loss.
Why even play a grand final just hand everyone a participation award and not count scores any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back