No Oppo Supporters The TAN 78 - Old Men Yell at Clouds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boomers and gen x raised the current kids, why did they raise such soft kids? The people complaining it's their own fault.

Millennials never asked for participation trophies and sh*t it was the parents.

Old guys if you think kids are so soft why did you raise your kids like that?

In b4 oh my kids arent soft its everyone else thats the problem
As a reasonably minded person who occasionally yells at clouds I can say the way I was raised just doesn’t bloody work on my kids and gotta sneaking suspicion it might be the case for other generations.
They’re awareness of themselves mental health, access to the greatest library and bullsh.t peddling instrument in history wherever they are at anytime they are awake through pushing a button on a gadget.
You really need to get into em before they know too much.
And a “Shame” cupboard for reflection.

Loved when his mum caught him pulling himself.

"I go out for a quart of milk. I come home and find my son treating his body like it was an amusement park!"

Hahahaha...
Reminded me of Derek and Clive when he was caught wanking by his mum. However mods have said to keep the thread clean so I can't give the reply

As a reasonably minded person who occasionally yells at clouds I can say the way I was raised just doesn’t bloody work on my kids and gotta sneaking suspicion it might be the case for other generations.
They’re awareness of themselves mental health, access to the greatest library and bullsh.t peddling instrument in history wherever they are at anytime they are awake through pushing a button on a gadget.
You really need to get into em before they know too much.
And a “Shame” cupboard for reflection.
The internet is both a brilliant tool and also one of the worst things that ever happened.
I can’t imagine growing up with how it is today, I was at school in the msn days but social media these days is that times 1000.
With you 100% calling them soft is short minded and we’ll never understand what it’s like to grow up in today’s environment because it literally was a more simple time.

The internet is both a brilliant tool and also one of the worst things that ever happened.
I can’t imagine growing up with how it is today, I was at school in the msn days but social media these days is that times 1000.
With you 100% calling them soft is short minded and we’ll never understand what it’s like to grow up in today’s environment because it literally was a more simple time.
As good as the internet is for information it can also be a bit of a minefield for misinformation, a twist of the facts. Wikipedia for example, ,anyone can copy and paste a bit a fact and fiction together and make it seem believeable. You could say the internet can hide the real history of events and what happened.

Every generation probably thinks the previous generation was weaker.
They call the World War II veterans the greatest generation.
They did what they had to do at the time, it is all relative.
Certainly, I would say that, economically, the world is a lot tougher now.
Although my father did not attend university, there was unlimited employment, he purchased a large house in bayside Melbourne.
Remember when Port Melbourne was a purely working class area, now it has all sorts of lifestyle yuppies.
I was in the last year of free education at university, when they brought in fees.
The goalposts have shifted.

Last edited:
Every generation probably thinks the previous generation was weaker.
They call the World War II veterans the greatest generation.
They did what they had to do at the time, it is all relative.
Certainly, I would say that, economically, the world is a lot tougher now.
Although my father did not attend university, there was unlimited employment, he purchased a large house in bayside Melbourne.
I was in the last year of free education at university.
Spot on.

The current generation have simply no idea.

Bombs, invasions, depression, food an work shortage was a key issue.... last week the biggest issue was Facebook went down for 6 hours....

Poor petals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was an interesting documentary on Max Gillies on ABC Australian Story.
His father was a mental wreck after serving in World War II, he threw a live grenade in front of the children.
He deserted the family.
Max's mother worked herself to death to support the children.
At least these days, the war veterans have awareness of counselling if they are distressed.
There was no real counselling for PTSD in those days.

There was an interesting documentary on Max Gillies on ABC Australian Story.
His father was a mental wreck after serving in World War II, he threw a live grenade in front of the children.
He deserted the family.
Max's mother worked herself to death to support the children.
At least these days, the war veterans have awareness of counselling if they are distressed.
There was no real counselling for PTSD in those days.
That was an awesome show. Everyone should watch it

Noticed that they have taken the lyrics out of the Tip Top bread advert.
"Good on ya Mum, Tip Top's the one."
Just the music now, so as not to offend people.
I remember there was a Brunswick school which banned Father's Day, claiming it was discriminatory.

Of course it’s Brunswick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back