Current Trial The Teachers Pet Podcast & Chris Dawson's Murder Trial * New Carnal Knowledge Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, you saw the policeman and LD leave together, and based on that you assume he killed her? It's possible, for sure. It's interesting that he subsequently targeted you. Do you think you're the only person who saw them leave together or do you think he's targeted others present that night?
Good question what would you do to come to your tracks

If I was known to people in a sports team I wouldn't pick up the person I was about to kill from the sports club and leave with them in front of people who know me.
January 1982 about 7:30 I left home and walked down Bridge Road Glebe , got a taxi , arrived outside Newtown Leagues Club out the front of newtown Leagues Club it's like a half semi-circle for taxi's to pull up this is all concrete.
Rent inside there was no one there I ordered a beer sat down talk to the old like behind the counter I had another schooner beer wasn't rushing just taking nice and easy it was my birthday. Decided my friends must be at the city of Sydney RSL in Sydney George Street, I went to make a phone call the phone was on the right side of the wall I called combined taxis as I had one of their cards always with me, I walked outside to the glass door and windows that's surround the staircase going downstairs and also upstairs downstairs was like a disco ,upstairs was like an auditorium and bar as soon as I reached the door I saw his dark outside like first impression was holy hell it's late I went outside and sat down on the steps, waiting for the taxi to arrive, wasn't too long someone came down to my right side from the steps from inside the league club I said hi she said hi she stopped I told her it's my birthday today she said you shouldn't spend your birthday by itself to this I said I thought my friends were here, but they won't do this she said she was supposed to meet someone but she did not elaborate, I told her I was going to play for Newtown one day to this she smiled and told me her name Lynette Dawson ***************** ....... she told me her husband's name Chris Dawson and that he played for Newtown we talked and she said we they were both look out for me on the football field, the lamppost out the front where the taxis pull up lit up and hit her back she had a white dress on down to her past her knees wasn't going out dress the light penetrated her white dress like Princess Diana when the photographers took their famous photo showing her undergarments it wasn't rude you just saw the petticoat and the dress we said our goodbyes I kept looking at her as I was sitting on the steps and watch the go to the car park to the left there was a Holden Torana Sunbird to the right where she was heading a white van with the high roof rounded, suddenly when she got between the two light it my right side of my head and the horn of the taxi sounded as always keep as I got up I looked to my right and then back to where their Lynette was, she wasn't there a man was standing at the door of van I recognised him as the two barman elderly man and elderly lady told me he was a policeman weeks before, and he looked like copper he worked at the leagues club too, he did not look at me he looked at the ground as he walked quick around the side then the end of the van and got in the van without lights he reversed at speed jerked and took off turned left and went up the road with no lights on fast..... I did not move for maybe five seconds as I thought there was strange the way he took off, I got in the taxi and thought about the incident all the way to the city RSL club whether I should go to the police or not George Street city city RSL club I walked up the stairs long stairs to the second floor signed in and found my friends my friends had 2 beers for me so I took the beers, I believe the time was 25 to 10

That name is listed in Wikipedia as a player in Newtown jets in 1983.

mysterious she wanted to cover her teeth? Was she self conscious about them? I suppose they look crooked in the photos.

I hope both Monica and Lynn are found one day.

She was very pretty
Interesting that there appears to be so little about her on the internet.

Maybe still some fear about who she was mixing with, and the likelihood she was mixed up in illegal activities (drugs, sex work etc), possibly a bit like Sally Anne Huckstepp.

Interesting that there appears to be so little about her on the internet.

Maybe still some fear about who she was mixing with, and the likelihood she was mixed up in illegal activities (drugs, sex work etc), possibly a bit like Sally Anne Huckstepp.
We can only speculate I think she got in overhead ,The Promise of easy money and then she knew too much,

mystererious have you been verified as an insider on another site? As in they confirmed you are who you say you are.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. It must have been, and probably still is, terrifying.

What you say makes a lot of sense. I wonder why none of this was raised in court. Perhaps it added a complexity.

mystererious have you been verified as an insider on another site? As in they confirmed you are who you say you are.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. It must have been, and probably still is, terrifying.

What you say makes a lot of sense. I wonder why none of this was raised in court. Perhaps it added a complexity.
Do you really want to know what wasn't raised in court why I didn't go to court

January 1982 about 7:30 I left home and walked down Bridge Road Glebe , got a taxi , arrived outside Newtown Leagues Club out the front of newtown Leagues Club it's like a half semi-circle for taxi's to pull up this is all concrete.
Rent inside there was no one there I ordered a beer sat down talk to the old like behind the counter I had another schooner beer wasn't rushing just taking nice and easy it was my birthday. Decided my friends must be at the city of Sydney RSL in Sydney George Street, I went to make a phone call the phone was on the right side of the wall I called combined taxis as I had one of their cards always with me, I walked outside to the glass door and windows that's surround the staircase going downstairs and also upstairs downstairs was like a disco ,upstairs was like an auditorium and bar as soon as I reached the door I saw his dark outside like first impression was holy hell it's late I went outside and sat down on the steps, waiting for the taxi to arrive, wasn't too long someone came down to my right side from the steps from inside the league club I said hi she said hi she stopped I told her it's my birthday today she said you shouldn't spend your birthday by itself to this I said I thought my friends were here, but they won't do this she said she was supposed to meet someone but she did not elaborate, I told her I was going to play for Newtown one day to this she smiled and told me her name Lynette Dawson ****************** ....... she told me her husband's name Chris Dawson and that he played for Newtown we talked and she said we they were both look out for me on the football field, the lamppost out the front where the taxis pull up lit up and hit her back she had a white dress on down to her past her knees wasn't going out dress the light penetrated her white dress like Princess Diana when the photographers took their famous photo showing her undergarments it wasn't rude you just saw the petticoat and the dress we said our goodbyes I kept looking at her as I was sitting on the steps and watch the go to the car park to the left there was a Holden Torana Sunbird to the right where she was heading a white van with the high roof rounded, suddenly when she got between the two light it my right side of my head and the horn of the taxi sounded as always keep as I got up I looked to my right and then back to where their Lynette was, she wasn't there a man was standing at the door of van I recognised him as the two barman elderly man and elderly lady told me he was a policeman weeks before, and he looked like copper he worked at the leagues club too, he did not look at me he looked at the ground as he walked quick around the side then the end of the van and got in the van without lights he reversed at speed jerked and took off turned left and went up the road with no lights on fast..... I did not move for maybe five seconds as I thought there was strange the way he took off, I got in the taxi and thought about the incident all the way to the city RSL club whether I should go to the police or not George Street city city RSL club I walked up the stairs long stairs to the second floor signed in and found my friends my friends had 2 beers for me so I took the beers, I believe the time was 25 to 10

The van reversed rapidly and without lights on. What in particular made you think that was worth reporting to police that night? Was she physically bundled into the van?

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This information is critical to the case. if the plot was one where LD was abducted from a public place, then killed in order to give CD an alibi the risk is that the policeman was seen and known and would make him prime suspect
immediately. Pretty stupid strategy if you ask me. Then the policeman seeks to hide his tracks afterwards.

Somehow this information has been given for another case and because of that fact became subject of a Harmon obligation where it couldn't easily be used in CDs case. Was a witness statement given in relation to Monica's disappearance? Did that create a Harmon obligation?

This information is critical to the case. if the plot was one where LD was abducted from a public place, then killed in order to give CD an alibi the risk is that the policeman was seen and known and would make him prime suspect
immediately. Pretty stupid strategy if you ask me. Then the policeman seeks to hide his tracks afterwards.

Somehow this information has been given for another case and because of that fact became subject of a Harmon obligation where it couldn't easily be used in CDs case. Was a witness statement given in relation to Monica's disappearance? Did that create a Harmon obligation?
Police have been notified about Monica, both Chris and Paul Dawson know me my name no I did not create Harmon

The van reversed rapidly and without lights on. What in particular made you think that was worth reporting to police that night? Was she physically bundled into the van?
No just the speed of the van taking off jerking and going forward fast taking the corner fast and up the street with no lights very strange fast maybe like you as pissed off or something

I would say the plan was to have LD be seen that night so that the argument and alibi could be offered she met harm other than by CD. The plan fell apart when Monica and witness 28 saw recognized both LD and the policeman who took her away in the van (likely stolen). They then had to hastily have a backup plan that LD was with CD that night and was alive the next morning. Yes he was pissed off he was seen as Mysterious suggests

CD was probably told that he had to maintain she left next morning else he would meet the same fate as LD did..

Last edited:
Betoota Advocate is a fine source of journalism on the Chris Dawson case.

I would say the plan was to have LD be seen that night so that the argument and alibi could be offered she met harm other than by CD. The plan fell apart when Monica and witness 28 saw recognized both LD and the policeman who took her away in the van (likely stolen). They then had to hastily have a backup plan that LD was with CD that night and was alive the next morning. Yes he was pissed off he was seen as Mysterious suggests

CD was probably told that he had to maintain she left next morning else he would meet the same fate as LD did
Angry Red Bull: I like your theory Monica wasn't there

CD was probably told that he had to maintain she left next morning else he would meet the same fate as LD did
My understanding of mysterious is he saw it all. Monica had nothing to do with it. She was meant to be a "trap" later on. Is that right mysterious ?

My understanding of mysterious is he saw it all. Monica had nothing to do with it. She was meant to be a "trap" later on. Is that right mysterious ?

Trap? Explain your theory please

Oh a trap for witness 28. Right

So mysterious and Monica had a friendship. She is coerced by the policeman to invite mysterious to the pub to get at him. When it fails Monica is killed

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back