Current Trial The Teachers Pet Podcast & Chris Dawson's Murder Trial * New Carnal Knowledge Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's pretty funny that ACA has the nerve to use "world exclusive", terrible journalism.

I've been thinking about the podcast a fair bit lately, I'm still not sure where I sit on Joanne. The fact she was 16 pulls me in two directions, young enough to be manipulated by a very cruel individual and yet old enough to know right from wrong.

It's pretty funny that ACA has the nerve to use "world exclusive", terrible journalism.

I've been thinking about the podcast a fair bit lately, I'm still not sure where I sit on Joanne. The fact she was 16 pulls me in two directions, young enough to be manipulated by a very cruel individual and yet old enough to know right from wrong.

Same. I had a sense of Joanne coveting Lyne's life. Then I felt badly for thinking that way because she was only 16 years old.

I'm not sure either that Joanne hasn't profited directly from Lyne's death. Chris ended up with Lyne's share of the house when she disappeared, Joanne then had a child now they've divorced. I'm wondering if Joanne got over half of what Chris had in assets as settlement, which was made up of what was originally Lyne's and probably should rightly belong to their first two kids.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Same. I had a sense of Joanne coveting Lyne's life. Then I felt badly for thinking that way because she was only 16 years old.

I'm not sure either that Joanne hasn't profited directly from Lyne's death. Chris ended up with Lyne's share of the house when she disappeared, Joanne then had a child now they've divorced. I'm wondering if Joanne got over half of what Chris had in assets as settlement, which was made up of what was originally Lyne's and probably should rightly belong to their first two kids.
Hedley reported in 2001 after the inquest "Joanne says she left Chris in February 1990, initiated divorce proceedings and was granted a property settlement as well as custody of their child".

I am mixed about Joanne too. I think Hedley at the start of the podcast had mixed feelings too. By the end of the podcast he considered her honest and strong and when she was cross examined her story never faltered. He considered she would be a good witness at a possible trial.

In 1982 if a 16 year old couldn't live at home, they would possibly couch surf as long as they could, maybe not too many other options. A nice family with perks on the side probably seemed a good option. As Chris was infatuated with Joanne he would have been giving her all the attention she might not have been getting anywhere else. Most woman having an affair, whether they are 16 or 40, wants the man to leave the wife or at least give her more attention than the wife. If this is happening then the taunts he gives Lyn are just part of the process. Joanne puts these to the back of her mind until she is reminded of this when it happens to her.

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Listened to the final episode yesterday. Skipped when it came to the clairvoyant though. Can't stand listening to those charlatans. Was there anything interesting in that quite long section?

No there wasn't.

I'm not sure why clairvoyants don't get pulled up on fraud charges.

Found this because needed a new podcast, seems obvious he did it but I guess without a body or weapon etc it makes it hard

But so many lost documents and police not talking to people etc.

Also why’s there no charge relating to Sex with students

Only up to episode 11 but Paul’s wife seems in on it

Also maybe he dropped the body up the coast when he went to pick up Joanne

Also why’s there no charge relating to Sex with students

Honestly, it just seems that people in that area didn't give a s**t about it back then. Plus, it was one of those open secrets, something everyone knew, but didn't really talk about.

Given the movement being made now, it's probably more likely that teachers from that era will be charged with underage sex crimes than Chris Dawson getting charged with the murder of Lyn.

Honestly, it just seems that people in that area didn't give a s**t about it back then. Plus, it was one of those open secrets, something everyone knew, but didn't really talk about.

Given the movement being made now, it's probably more likely that teachers from that era will be charged with underage sex crimes than Chris Dawson getting charged with the murder of Lyn.

It was more accepted I guess, I mean they spoke about the female teachers getting into the guys and there would be the stigma/thought that hey you bagged the woman teacher, you got laid, why complain!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A recent one. What could a 51 year old woman possibly see in a 15 year old boy? I did the cougar thing once, cougar light actually but he was 25 years old and he was a very nice person but to be blunt, it was so boring.

A Hunter Valley teacher's aide has sobbed while being given a 12-month suspended jail sentence for grooming a teenage boy for sex.
Jackie Mary Hays, 51, pleaded guilty to grooming a 15-year-old boy for unlawful sexual activity in 2015.

Newcastle Local Court magistrate Robert Stone said the offence had involved Ms Hays and the victim texting each other.

"Not all messages were of sexual nature, but some involved explicitly sexual talk and the offender said the messages were raunchy," Mr Stone said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...uspended-sentence-grooming-child-sex/10204200

patsmith

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
92&94&06
Lot of pressure on the DPP to proceed on charges imo.

Agree, but they’ve been so thoroughly hamstrung by the useless initial investigation. Whether it’s corruption or just blatant negligence and ineptitude, they have made it so tough for a successful prosecution and it needs to be investigated how that happened and whether there are similar botched cases.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Agree, but they’ve been so thoroughly hamstrung by the useless initial investigation. Whether it’s corruption or just blatant negligence and ineptitude, they have made it so tough for a successful prosecution and it needs to be investigated how that happened and whether there are similar botched cases.
Unfortunately, I don't think it is just N.S.W. police that have failed in that regard. Missing persons are always a grey area. Lyn needed someone at the time to demand a proper investigation and say "Lyn wouldn't leave her daughters". Chris obviously wasn't going to ask for an investigation. Helena Simms was of the generation where you trusted people. Chris seemed so likeable on the surface. Shanelle while opened eyed the investigation only saw the loving side of him.

Police are at the property again conducting a new forensic search.

lyndawson.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back