The Toon Army Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and let's not kid ourselves. The Gonzalez signing isn't the only reason he decided to leave. The relationship between him and Wise/Jiminez was already extremely poor, and the Gonzalez signing was 'the final straw', and it gave Keegan the chance to leave.

I'm not convinced he would've stayed for much longer even if that signing didn't happen. Another thing would've tipped him over the edge, or the club would've sacked him because of the poor relationship anyway.

Sounds about right.

This was the chance that Keegan was probably looking for, an escape route if you will.

The club just happened to hand it to him on a silver platter

man that's a great championship side.

if all goes well with injuries/transfers etc.. we'd have to screw up royally to not go up with that team.

Barry Moat makes first official bid for Newcastle

Published 23:00 05/10/09 By Simon Bird

Mike Ashley has moved closer to selling Newcastle after Tyneside businessman Barry Moat tabled his first written offer for the club.

The SportsDirect tycoon is now considering Moat’s bid, that comes in at just under £100 million.

Ashley attended Saturday’s clash with Bristol City and was pictured in the directors’ box as fans kept up the pressure on him by chanting for him to “get out of our club.”

Moat made his move at the end of last week after weeks of direct talks with Ashley over the structure of a deal, and getting approval to take on the club’s £25m overdraft from Barclays.

Ashley has to decide whether to hold on to the club until the summer, when it’s value could double if promotion is won, or bail out now.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...official-bid-for-Newcastle-article180697.html

Mate, if your still there next season, our stay in the premier league will be west-brom esque
Word is Essien is off to a different club after a spat with Ancelloti. He wants to join Mourinho at Inter.

Chelsea are interested in me being their next enforcer in the midfield, so even if we aren't promoted I should be in the Premier League either way.

If we are promoted and I leave, we'll have a season worse than Derby did to be perfectly honest.

Alan,

I enjoyed your brief stint playing defensive midfielder at United, in particular that game against Chelsea where we won 1-0 at Old Trafford and you were Roy Keane-like.

Just thought I would let you know.

kthxbai.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt Scolari also say that he was the reason Brazil won?

While we are on the subject of our past central midfielders, Veron was another one. Could never live up to his price tag (mainly because the fans were over critical of him IMHO, but I thought he did good in his second season) and well Chelsea were dumb enough to take him off us where he completely flopped. :D

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc...-offered-newcastle-united-job-72703-24965912/
Chris Hughton offered Newcastle United job

Oct 19 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle
Comments (27)
Recommend (1)

CHRIS Hughton has been offered the Newcastle United manager's job on a full-time basis.
The Chronicle revealed last week that Mike Ashley was set to hand Hughton his chance after United's great start to the season.
Hughton has been in charge of the team on a caretaker basis since July 1 and has picked up two manager of the month awards in that time.
Hughton told the Chronicle today: "I am honoured to be offered the job, we are still in negotiations, it is something we hope will get resolved.
"I've always felt that the manager's situation was an issue, but not the most important one.
"Getting results has been the most important thing.
"Once we have got Scampaignerhorpe and Doncaster out of the way, we will have discussions with Derek Llambias.
"It will involve moving from caretaker to manager on a full-time basis.
"They have indicated to me that they want to turn it from a temporary role to a permanant one."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back