The Toon Army Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Llambias claims that this "branding" is designed to be an extension of the current Gallowgate End roof advert and will appear elsewhere round SJP as a "showcase" to prospective sponsors for the 2010/11 season.

Well, I guess it's not as bad as it could be then :eek:

(no, I'm not justifying it).

If the Dons were short of change (obviously not but hypothetically speaking) how would fans react to a rename of Windy Hill?

Me personally, I couldn't care less. I could see some of the older supporters getting upset by it.

But like FC said they still call AAMI Stadium "Footy Park" and Etihad/Telstra Dome/Colonial "Docklands" so it is not the end of the world like the whole of Newcastle is making it out to be.

As long as Newcastle United is still written on the top of one grandstand, and St James Park is in the name somewhere, i will put up with it. Not defending him in anyway, but yeah, not the end of the world. It will always be known as St James Park.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I wonder if Mike Ashley can get any more lower in the popularity steaks though.

fluisa.jpg

'Did you say steak?'

People call West 'am's ground 'Upton Park' although it's actually officially called the Boleyn Ground. Upton Park is the name of the locality.

I agree the stadium name is egregious but I can't see it catching on.

Yep.

I mean really, are sky going to say:

'and we go to sportsdirect.com@St. James Park where Newcastle are currently in action'.

Very much doubt it.

Yep.

I mean really, are sky going to say:

'and we go to sportsdirect.com@St. James Park where Newcastle are currently in action'.

Very much doubt it.

They will if Newcastle have any intent of enforcing it. And Sky being Sky they'll probably make a big deal of it.

They will if Newcastle have any intent of enforcing it. And Sky being Sky they'll probably make a big deal of it.

Well, considering the reasoning is to 'show other potential sponsors' what it would look like, I'm not sure how strict we'll be on it.

It doesn't matter what they call it anyway, it's still St. James' Park.

Well, considering the reasoning is to 'show other potential sponsors' what it would look like, I'm not sure how strict we'll be on it.

It doesn't matter what they call it anyway, it's still St. James' Park.

If everyone calls it St James Park there is not a lot of value for potential sponsors. So I'd say Newcastle will be pretty strict with it.

On the terraces it will remain the same, but the press will largely fall into line.

If everyone calls it St James Park there is not a lot of value for potential sponsors. So I'd say Newcastle will be pretty strict with it.

On the terraces it will remain the same, but the press will largely fall into line.

Not quite sure many sponsors would be interested after what's going to happen on Saturday anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win
Jonas scoring his first and simpsons scoring his first in Newcastle colours.
But Jonas picked up a minor thigh strain hopefully hes alright.

Cant ever complain with a 3-1 scoreline even when it's bottom your playing.

Now 6 point gap over 3rd and the next two games are Preston and Swansea, two mid table teams we must show we are better than. take 6 points in these games and we can put a gap between most of the chasers for auto promotion.

Now 6 point gap over 3rd and the next two games are Preston and Swansea, two mid table teams we must show we are better than.

When you play Swansea, there's definitely going to be a contrast in the fashion senses of the managers!

Re: The Toon Army Thread Part 2

I'll pass, thanks.

FC, I'm not sure how much you would know about the "takeover" but I will ask anyway. Do you know what proportion of the funds will need to be made up by "fans"? I have been reading that there are backers of the NUST but I don't think their pockets are that deep.

Also, what would happened if the club needed funds for transfers. Would every shareholder need to contribute extra money into the club?

I just can't see this being a good idea.

Re: The Toon Army Thread Part 2

FC, I'm not sure how much you would know about the "takeover" but I will ask anyway. Do you know what proportion of the funds will need to be made up by "fans"? I have been reading that there are backers of the NUST but I don't think their pockets are that deep.

Also, what would happened if the club needed funds for transfers. Would every shareholder need to contribute extra money into the club?

I just can't see this being a good idea.

I agree.

I think the NUST have approached local businessmen in the area (as well as Newcastle supporters not in the area), to try and come up with the funds to buy the club.

http://www.nust.org.uk/the-ultimate-protest-confirmation-of-launch-of-the-yes-we-can-campaign

There's a bit of information on it there, but personally I think it's a bad idea and simply can't see it being a viable option.

If i was rich, i would help in some way. It is a "noble" idea. But im not rich, and there are concerns on how it would work, if it did succeed. Im sure they would get it sorted in time, but at what "level" will Newcastle be by the time they do sort out the kinks. Not that it will matter, i dont think there is much hope of them raising 5 Mil, let alone 60-80 mil that is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back