The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It was really dumb, but I don't even know if it touched his arm. Either way - thanks to Cabaye for a soft penalty attempt!
The angle I saw it touched his hand, penalty all the way, poor penalty from Cabaye but Darlow still had to react to save it, bank the points and move onto Villa

Yes!

What a goal from Toonsend & the save from Darlow - wow!

Very enjoyable stuff. If only we'd boned McClaren earlier.... we'd be sitting back now enjoying this a bit more. Still very stressful stuff.

At least one of your teams did ok today NUFC Tiger ;)

We should have got rid of McClaren when we had that 3 week break before the Stoke game, would have given Rafa plenty of time to work with the team.

Haha so true mate, though I'm happy to see Richmond keep losing the next few if it means the Toon ultimately survive!

Good result, it was a fairly even game across the 90 mins so great to get the 3 points, goodness that Penalty stop was great, I have no idea what the hell Sissoko was doing but it was a penalty and had it not been for Darlow we would have had to likely settle for a point. Considering that Norwich and Sunderland both lost points (Sunderland got their point at the death which is annoying) it's been a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the big thing was to just get the win. You could sense how nervous and edgy the crowd was. You could hear a pin drop when the penalty was given.

Sissoko was dumb for having his arm up though I'm not sure it even touched his arm.

I'm still nervous for Villa away. Bad memories of the last time we went down.

Plus we lost to QPR last season in the second last game after they had already been relegated.

I'm more confident though with Rafa in charge. He's instilled real belief in our side.

Let's hope Chelsea beat Spurs tonight too. Will finishing them off for the year and give them nothing (well, maybe 2nd place) to play for in the last game. Our destiny is in our hands - am feeling slightly more confident but it's going to be a tough fight.

Let's hope Chelsea beat Spurs tonight too. Will finishing them off for the year and give them nothing (well, maybe 2nd place) to play for in the last game. Our destiny is in our hands - am feeling slightly more confident but it's going to be a tough fight.

Title is Leicester's!

Great outcome for us. Dembele also likely to cop a ban for eye gouging Costa I think?

Just need Kane and Lloris to be banned and we're laughing.

Maybe with Euros around the corner, a lot of their squad might take it easy to avoid risk of injury. Might have half a mind on holidays. Gives me more confidence we can win this match.

Unfortunately they're still a chance to finish below Arsenal so I think that's probably going to be their motivation to finish well. Hopefully Arsenal lose or draw to City this weekend. Although, City is probably only worried about Champions league at the moment.

Unfortunately they're still a chance to finish below Arsenal so I think that's probably going to be their motivation to finish well. Hopefully Arsenal lose or draw to City this weekend. Although, City is probably only worried about Champions league at the moment.

City might offer some resistance yet - they are fighting for a top 4 finish as well.

Apparently there was a lot of ugly spats in the match this morning so some further bans for Spurs players would be handy! Plus Toonsend might have a point to prove to his former employers ha!

City might offer some resistance yet - they are fighting for a top 4 finish as well.

Apparently there was a lot of ugly spats in the match this morning so some further bans for Spurs players would be handy! Plus Toonsend might have a point to prove to his former employers ha!

We beat them at WHL earlier in the year under McClaren, no reason why we can't do so at SJP!

Found this funnier than I should haha
13180940_10153660050587712_716347228_n.jpg

Soon as I heard we'd appointed Mcknob and Cashley remained I had no confidence,no belief,and what really hurt and made it worse for me,was that I had no real dressing room!:huh:

13122802_1238301106180133_4319009913530858701_o.jpg

Unchanged - probs good to not change something that ain't broke...

Good to see Anita pulled up fit for it.

Man Utd saw off Norwich and we need Chelsea to do the same to Sunderland...

But first off, we need to beat Villa and exercise some demons from the last time we went down...

Huge game, come on lads.

BELIEVE!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0-0 HT. Villa probably the better team on the balance of play.

Chelsea snatched another goal and are 2-1 up!

Gone, gone and gone now I think, had our chances today and of course those c**ts Chelsea rolled over, if someone would be kind enough to explain to me how Jack Colback is a professional football I am all ears, not just the sitter he missed, all he does is run around the middle of the park like a dog chasing a ball, his angles to the ball are woeful, and when he does get there its always late, gives away those snide little fouls, he is hopeless

Not mathematical yet but hard to see us staying up now. God, no idea what to think really. Hope was restored when we looked dead and buried and then we got so close to escaping. What a circus club we are.

Villa played the best they have all season - fitting for us in a way.

I honestly don't know what the future holds. Throw everything at Rafa to stay but he's realistically gone.

Players are going to be moved on or sold. Not sure if there is a nucleus of players to help get us promoted (best case scenario) like last time.

DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN....

s**t day for us all, I can't see us going back up either.

With Foxtel losing the EPL license and BeIn sports added look like I have to find myself a German team! Any ideas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back