The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN....

s**t day for us all, I can't see us going back up either.

With Foxtel losing the EPL license and BeIn sports added look like I have to find myself a German team! Any ideas?
Maybe the smallest silver lining for you but you'll be able to watch Newcastle via beIN sports next season. They show Championship games.

Mike Ashley and his buddies Charnley and Carr deserve this, with the exception of bringing in Rafa for the last 10 games, they have managed the club with gross incompetence and zero ambition to improve anything, relegated 8 years ago and up until Rafa came, they were pretty much doing things the same way, taking chances on cheap players from France and Holland etc. hoping they would do well so that they could sell on at a profit, even when we somehow managed to sneak into 5th a few years back, they still wouldn't use that as a platform to push on - they barely f**king signed anyone that summer! Went into the final day of the season that year a chance of finishing as high as 3rd, I find it I interesting that the majority of the blame so far is being directed towards Charnley, his incompetence and lack of footballing credentials is evident but really he has only been there (in this role) for a fraction of the time that Ashley has - and its Ashley that appointed him anyways, the blame for me goes to that fat greedy c**t as much as it does Charnley. The fans who insist on turning up every week to support this dross deserve their share of this as well, 50,000 odd show up every week for a product that is so devoid of quality, ambition or heart and they still support it, if people had the courage to stay away from games I am convinced he would have f**ked off years ago, it's the equivalent to a business man putting out the worst and cheapest product possible - and knowing it, all the while knowing that his customers will keep coming back, why would he want to change anything? the only thing that really facilitated the change this time was the threat of missing out on the sky money, well he has missed that, and I'm glad he has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry fellas, if you don't make it straight back up we will be joining you if this s**t continues into next season.

I wanted you guys to stay up because of your history (Even if you've been down before), Newcastle is a PL side.

Sunderland have been toying with relegation for years and I wanted them down.

the blame for me goes to that fat greedy campaigner as much as it does Charnley. The fans who insist on turning up every week to support this dross deserve their share of this as well, 50,000 odd show up every week for a product that is so devoid of quality, ambition or heart and they still support it, if people had the courage to stay away from games I am convinced he would have f**ked off years ago,
I think the Glasgow Rangers fans managed to have a win against the fat campaigner by being much more proactive in boycotting his merchandise store and staying away in droves.
I didn't even bother reading the newletter or whatever the club sent me this morning it'll just me more mealy mouthed tripe spruiked by Charnley;don't forget King Kev said that if Charnley wrote everything he knew about football on the back of a postage stamp,there'd be plenty of room left.
Obviously the appointment of another unimaginative yes man and persisting with him until the ship was almost sunk before bringing in Rafa is the decision making process of footballing morons,and it appears they will remain.
Remains hard to have any optimism or passion.

Sorry fellas, if you don't make it straight back up we will be joining you if this s**t continues into next season.

I wanted you guys to stay up because of your history (Even if you've been down before), Newcastle is a PL side.

Sunderland have been toying with relegation for years and I wanted them down.

Your mob just rolled over this morning, not even a whimper!! Anyway it doesn't matter about that result, our fate has been sealed since Charnley was given the full reigns of the club. Anyone can point the finger at MA but at least he dipped into his pocket and gave the funds we asked for, it was the way those funds where spent and the people we hired both on the field and in the staff.

Gut wrenching day to be a toon tragic, our club should be a monster yet we are a fcuking laughing stock. For any of you guys who have been there you'll know how brilliant tyneside is, the place is just football obsessed, the bars have black and white all through them, the geordies live and breather football and guys like Shearer/Ginola/Robson are literally god like figures. I feel sick and disgusted that we have been run by london toffs who don't know, understand the Geordie spirit, there is plenty of local businessman and successful operators who put there hand up to run the club but MA preferred his hand picked flog in Charnley.

I think the Glasgow Rangers fans managed to have a win against the fat campaigner by being much more proactive in boycotting his merchandise store and staying away in droves.
I didn't even bother reading the newletter or whatever the club sent me this morning it'll just me more mealy mouthed tripe spruiked by Charnley;don't forget King Kev said that if Charnley wrote everything he knew about football on the back of a postage stamp,there'd be plenty of room left.
Obviously the appointment of another unimaginative yes man and persisting with him until the ship was almost sunk before bringing in Rafa is the decision making process of footballing morons,and it appears they will remain.
Remains hard to have any optimism or passion.

I'm convinced MA will sell now and I'm even more confident that whatever happens we won't be coming up after next season.

I'm convinced MA will sell now and I'm even more confident that whatever happens we won't be coming up after next season.

Ashley isn't going anywhere mate, the value of the club has just decreased by millions of £'s he isn't going to sell it now, he is still chasing his losses from when he first purchased the club (which was heavily in debt), there was more of a chance of him selling if we had stayed up (and picked up the sky money), on top of that he knows that he is still sitting on a gold mine, he doesn't pay a cent for advertising (for his tatty sports brand) - essentially using the club as a giant billboard, he knows that there are always going to be huge crowds turning up to games - even durning their last stint in the championship there were weekends where our attendance was amongst the highest in England. I also think that this whole "it's Lee Charnley's fault" thing is a bit misguided by supporters and media types - I think the club has deliberately painted the perception that Charnley is in charge but to me he is just a figurehead who has to operate within Ashley's framework, I don't buy the notion that Charnley is the guy pulling the strings. Also, for people to suggest that Ashley is less to blame for this because he stumped £80 this season is wrong as well, one season of investment (including panicked investment in Jan) by no means makes up for 7 or 8 years of underinvestment (including selling players for profit) in the squad (and that includes appointing puppet / Figurehead managers like Alan Pardew who are only there to tow the line). Really the only reason the money was thrown around this season was to protect the clubs premier league status and the subsequent incoming TV money, this is what I find the most amusing and ironic about the whole thing.
This is Mike Ashley's Newcastle United and the blame lies squarely with him, the Charnley's of the world (and Llambias before him) are just incompetent pawns in the game

Ashley isn't going anywhere mate, the value of the club has just decreased by millions of £'s he isn't going to sell it now, he is still chasing his losses from when he first purchased the club (which was heavily in debt), there was more of a chance of him selling if we had stayed up (and picked up the sky money), on top of that he knows that he is still sitting on a gold mine, he doesn't pay a cent for advertising (for his tatty sports brand) - essentially using the club as a giant billboard, he knows that there are always going to be huge crowds turning up to games - even durning their last stint in the championship there were weekends where our attendance was amongst the highest in England. I also think that this whole "it's Lee Charnley's fault" thing is a bit misguided by supporters and media types - I think the club has deliberately painted the perception that Charnley is in charge but to me he is just a figurehead who has to operate within Ashley's framework, I don't buy the notion that Charnley is the guy pulling the strings. Also, for people to suggest that Ashley is less to blame for this because he stumped £80 this season is wrong as well, one season of investment (including panicked investment in Jan) by no means makes up for 7 or 8 years of underinvestment (including selling players for profit) in the squad (and that includes appointing puppet / Figurehead managers like Alan Pardew who are only there to tow the line). Really the only reason the money was thrown around this season was to protect the clubs premier league status and the subsequent incoming TV money, this is what I find the most amusing and ironic about the whole thing.
This is Mike Ashley's Newcastle United and the blame lies squarely with him, the Charnley's of the world (and Llambias before him) are just incompetent pawns in the game

I'm not entirely sure MA will want to go through the whole process of trying to get the club back into the PL, without the PL he has zero international exposure and that's exactly what he wants for SD.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him cut his losses, he is going to have to invest next season without a return if he wants the club back in the PL. Do you think he is the position to continually invest whilst understanding the commercial exposure is rat s**t and the vehicle that drives his international interests is gone? I'm not sure.

I'd be happy for him to bleed to death following a neck wound or internal haemorrhage.

Bizarre and macabre that I'd enjoy the last game of the season and think it looked promising.
I guess I'm hoping that Rafa will stay.
He's said he likes England.

Reports out of England overnight are suggesting that Rafa is edging closer to an agreement that will see him stay on, interestingly enough that talk has coincided with some players suggesting that they would be happy to stay as well, Mitrovic has already said he is willing to hang around while guys like Krul, MBemba and Townsend have also apparently said they would be keen to stay on - of course this would be based upon whether or not Rafa stays. To look at things from a glass half full perspective, if Rafa does stay and he can retain some of those key first team players (as well as managing to bring some ready made championship style players) we should have a really good shot at coming back up again.
Long term I don't think that it is any secret that Rafa loves the place, he just needs those assurances from Ashley that he and his team will be able to do the job his way (the right way) - his structure, his game plan and his players to fit that philosophy without the interference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't been around since the Villa game - that was the nail in the coffin I think. Scumberland coming back twice and beating Chelsea while we couldn't find a win at Villa just showed it wasn't meant to be.

And to be fair, we did deserve to go down. We made a calamity of errors this season in terms of appointments and transfers and we've been in decline for years under Cashley.

Was absolutely devastated after that Villa result. Can't recall a time in recent memory where I'd felt so low. I remember thinking I was just about ready to throw in the towel. And though I couldn't bare to watch the final game against Spurs, I was just blown away by the locals and the support and the passion. The very things that I used to pride myself on being a Toon fan. 50,000 plus Geordies cheering and chanting in our final PL game and showering the players but mostly Rafa with love and affection. People might have laughed and mocked our relegation but this is such a special club. How many club's can say they would have fans as passionate and devoted to their team as NUFC? Even after all the crap we've had to put up with and the very little joy given back to the fans.

And I think the penny has dropped with Rafa. He knows what this club can become if the right man is at the helm. It seems he's been swayed by the love the fans have given him and he might just yet be willing to lead the charge back to the top flight.

It's not official but word in the media is encouraging at least. Maybe, just maybe this is the rebirth of NUFC about to happen. The reset button has been pressed and now a chance to rebuild the club to the magical thing it once was is upon us. The doom and gloom of relegation has started to clear and I'm feeling the optimism returning. Please Cashley, give us Rafa so we can dream again!

As a youngster I was lucky enough to go to the FA Cup final in the seventies. Got smashed 3-0 by a Liverpool at the peak of their power but after the game, the Geordie end salute was as loud as the Scouser one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's also encouraging to hear a few players making noises about wanting to stay and try and get the club back up. I think the likes of Mitro, Perez, Lascelles, Krul and even Toonsend have made noises about wanting to stay. If Rafa stays put, it would help big time as well!

Need to try and get Aarons to sign a new deal, he would be great to have play regularly next season in the championship.

The players I think who'll want to go are Sissoko,Tiote, Cisse, Janmaat, De Jong (probably frustrated at lack of chances), Gini, possibly Thauvin and maybe Saivet/Shelvey.

Players who need to go regardless: Colo, Taylor, Riviere.

I was prepared for our demise as soon as we appointed McLaren as I had always rated him as a no hoper;about par with Carver.
So I thought from season's beginning we were a distinct chance for the drop.
Then Charnley and Cashley sat on their hands after Mclaren had shown himself to be bereft of any footballing intelligence and had clearly lost the dressing room.Morons.
Rafa showed the players introduced in January had made the squad strong enough with decent direction to stay in the Premiership.Alas the morons had left it too late to unload the dipstick.
If Rafa stays,and it looks as though there's a very real chance that he will agree to,I'd hope he introduces the power brokers at the club to the priorities of a professional footballing enterprise.
He will demand they clear the room of idiots and he will insist on real decision making power in football matters.He will want an agreed budget.
He will demand respect and shedloads of moola for himself.
He will want the club to commit to the systems and structure of a modern day football club,not the little boys toy and advertising billboard it has been thus far.He'll have very good lawyers.
He will have his own team which won't include drongo appointees like Dennis Wise or Joe Kinnear.Charnley himself I wouldn't know but he sounds like an arrogant,clueless bunt.
So if Rafa does decide to stay it can only be good for the club in a multitude of ways.
He already has the respect of the players.
Here's hoping.

Not sure if anyone has seen this but it's pretty good. Saw it after Sunderland beat Everton but watched it again this morning. Quite well done. :p

P.S commiserations scon and Moo about the weekend's match, hopefully that first win is around the corner lads! :)

Not sure if anyone has seen this but it's pretty good. Saw it after Sunderland beat Everton but watched it again this morning. Quite well done. :p

P.S commiserations scon and Moo about the weekend's match, hopefully that first win is around the corner lads! :)

Thank * for the Perth Wildcats that's all I'll say.

Yep just saw the email from the club in my inbox.Great news indeed and watch them phark it up.....:eek:..Nah only kidding I really hope this is the first keystone in a rebuilding of the club on sounder and more lasting principles.
Certainly as good a start as we could hope for.A pretty knowledgeable Chelsea mate of mine rates Rafa as the second best Chelsea manager behind Ancelloti,really rates him and we've seen ourselves how he turned a trainwreck into a coherent and motivated bunch inside 3 mths.
Howwayy!!!
Him signing is great but every bit as good is the fact that we know from his time at Liverpool he is not afraid of any board of management,puts principle before moola and so will have signed very much on his own terms.
He will be in control of everything he sees as crucial for the club's improvement and evolution.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Him having "control over ALL football matters" is what most excites me. Will be refreshing to have someone who isn't a full time clown with the final say on things. Plus the chance for Rafa to bring in his own people (who most likely aren't clowns either) and leverage his relationships with competent folks from the big clubs he's worked at.

First order of business - organise a 1 way ticket out of Tyneside via horse drawn cart for Carr, Colo, Taylor and a host of others. Looks like Charnley will be staying sadly...but if he isn't handling the football side of things, that might be okay. :D

He won't be.
Rafa says he has enjoyed a good working relationship with Charnley so I guess that means Rafa has found something Charnley does well that's relatively important.
I'm guessing Rafa has very high standards of personal hygiene and has taught Charnley just how he likes his dunny cleaned.

He won't be.
Rafa says he has enjoyed a good working relationship with Charnley so I guess that means Rafa has found something Charnley does well that's relatively important.
I'm guessing Rafa has very high standards of personal hygiene and has taught Charnley just how he likes his dunny cleaned.

:D

Hopefully Rafa demanded Charnley uses his head for this cleaning as one of the conditions of him staying on! :p

Players will hopefully stay on now. I know many said they wanted too before the good news but who knows what would have happened if a nice offer came along. I can see Mitro ripping the the lower tier apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back