The Ultimate Fighter 12 (Lightweights; St. Pierre v Koscheck) ** NO SPOILERS **

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say Brookins is a surprise packet. The guy has fought in the WEC before and gave Aldo a decent fight from what I've read. Looked to be one of the strongest wrestlers in the first ep which usually means they will run deep in the competition (unless of course their guillotine defense sucks :D).

I think what I meant is that for the first 5 or so episodes you didn't even see him speak... then all of a sudden he suprises everyone, well me anyway :eek:, and puts on a great fight.

Phan to beat Cody? I doubt it. At some point he's going to get what Marie Antoinette is famous for. :)
I think Nam will have way too much experience to lose this fight. He won't want to take it to the ground and I doubt Cody has the ability to get it there himself. He'll pick Cody apart.

Is there anyone in MMA who is more self-centred, conceited and obnoxious as Koscheck? I have lost all respect for that bloke with the crap that has been coming out of his mouth the last few episodes.

I can understand fighters who try to get a rise out of opponents, fighters with a bit of edge to them like Rashad but they aren't utter d**ks like this bloke.

That whole scenario with the "male nurse", Koscheck started all that by messing around bumping into him, and then getting in his face with all the comments, and then ends up being the first one to lay a hand on him. He then has the audacity to put the whole blame on GSP, WTF?

Then with the match ups with the quarter finals, he starts whining that GSP got his favoured match ups. Yet he wasn't whinging when he got his way getting his mate Stevens into the wildcard spot even though his UFC career lasted all of 20 seconds after a guillotine.

The man needs to humbly realise that maybe its his coaching skills that aren't up to scratch and focus more on his pupils and getting the best out of them than worrying about the other team.

He's the prototypical jock. He's been that way as far back as TUF 1. He's used to bullying everyone around and being able to back it up. It was hilarious how the medic got him to crack. You could see him sitting there slowly cracking. He just couldn't take what he was giving out.

First 2 fights of the quarter finals

I really like that Brookins kid. It was like a training drill... so effortless to move from clinch to back to choke... He's a dangerous match up and I can see him winning.

Also here I was thinking Kockcheck couldn't get any worse.... what an absolute sore winner and just plain piece of s**t. I really hope GSP puts the hurt on him.

Cody gassed..... who would have thought... haha you knew if it went for anymore than a round he had no chance and I don't mind Nam Pham I think he may make the final.

Brookins v Pham for the TUF 12 title.

This week's episode

Brookins. Wow! Wow! That was impressive. Slow motion, predictable finish, but I loved watching that.

Nam was never going to lose, I would have disappointed if Cody got through. Pretty much as Dana said, a one-trick pony will only go so far, Nam brought it and he deserved it.

Koscheck, what a dick. I really try to not dislike him but he makes it difficult to do that. Man I hope GSP can do what he hasn't done for a while and absolutely destroy Kos. I hope Kos can keep antagonising GSP and Georges enjoys hurting him next month.

Cody gassed..... who would have thought... haha you knew if it went for anymore than a round he had no chance and I don't mind Nam Pham I think he may make the final.

Brookins v Pham for the TUF 12 title.
Pham in the final? No way. I've been pretty unimpressed with Pham in this series. He clearly lost the first round to Cody. Cody's still raw and very young at 22. I still think he has a lot of talent. Just needs some better training, but he still has one hell of a weapon with that guillotine.

I agree though that Brookins is in the box seat to win this series. He has real talent.

Pham in the final? No way. I've been pretty unimpressed with Pham in this series. He clearly lost the first round to Cody. Cody's still raw and very young at 22. I still think he has a lot of talent. Just needs some better training, but he still has one hell of a weapon with that guillotine.

I agree though that Brookins is in the box seat to win this series. He has real talent.

Nam has fights against Lightweight giants like JZ and Josh Thomson, it wouldn't surprise me to see him in the final, but I think Brookins takes it, although I also wouldn't be surprised to see an upset as I think the winner's contract is bad.

I've been pretty unimpressed with Pham in this series. He clearly lost the first round to Cody.

But he was never in any danger of losing, as long as he avoided the guillotine and made it to R2. I didn't think much of him after his qualifying fight, but he's a likeable dude and takes the sport seriously. I like him, little short ass that he is.

Jonathan Brookins vs. Sako Chivitchian - Suprise packet of the series and I think he will easily outclass Sako.

Cody Mckenzie vs. Nam Phan - I'd like Cody to win but I think Nam will be a little bit too rounded... unless he goes for a Steven's like takedown.

Kyle Watson vs. Aaron Wilkinson - Experience and the fact that this will be Aaron's third fight relatively close, add to that the massive cut he has and I think Klye will win.

Michael Johnson vs. Alex Caceres - Please Please Please Clown the fool! Just like the black fella in the last series there is always one w***er and it's time he got beat.

Well I'm four from four and the semi finals will be bloody good fights.

Michael Johnson vs Nam Phan

Johnathan Brookins vs Kyle Watson

Really hard to pick these matches. So I think I'll leave it. I'd like the final to be Brookins vs Johnson but it could easily be Brookins vs Phan or Watson vs Johnson/Phan.... Just don't know which way it will go.

"I don't understand what everyone's beef is with Bruce Leroy" - Dana White. Well, here Dana, let me spell it out to you. He's a complete and utter ********. A totally annoying piece of s**t. I was hoping he'd cop more punishment in his fight with Johnson, but Johnson could only manage a decision win.

I remain unimpressed with Johnson. Like a lot of wrestlers, he has really good cardio, but he's sloppy. He let Alex up too many times in their fight.

Kyle Watson was very workmanlike in his win over the Brit Aaron Wilkinson, who to me, looked really tired. Being given the wild card, and his third fight in the series looked to have caught up to him.

So I'm really disappointed with the choices for the semi-finals. Watson could go all the way and win the series, but he got the s**t end of the stick in having to fight Brookins. I'm confident that whoever wins that fight will win the contract.

Neither Johnson nor Pham have impressed me very much and I don't think they deserve to be fighting each other for a shot at the title.

Meanwhile Josh Koschek becomes an even bigger ******** as the series goes along. Apparently next week Mark Stevens starts taking the piss out of him. That should be fun. It's no less than Kos deserves.

I assume Dana is just going by his initial impression. Maybe he wasn't aware of all the crap going on in the house. I agree about Michael Johnson, he hasn't really impressed and I'm hoping will be eliminated in the semis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile Josh Koschek becomes an even bigger ******** as the series goes along. Apparently next week Mark Stevens starts taking the piss out of him. That should be fun. It's no less than Kos deserves.
koscheck is amazingly bad, after a few episodes i didn't think he could get any worse but he does. he just seems to be a very very ordinary bloke. i quite like watching him in the ring but gee i hope gsp puts the mother of all beatings on him.

Well the quarters went as expected but the semis are much harder to pick. I'm definitely backing Brookins against Watson. Watson has the experience and is a terrific grappler, but Brookins is no where near as green as the other guys he's fought. The guy went 2 rounds with the best featherweight, and one of the best P4P fighters in the world. He only has 5 less fights overall as well. He's the better all round fighter but it'll definitely be a competitive fight.

Nam Phan vs Johnson is a toss up for me. It could end 4 or 5 ways really. I'll go with Phan by decision.

Let's hope Koscheck doesn't throw that superman punch early or we're in for a quick GSP win. I guess a lot of people would hope for it actually.

I reckon a Brookins/Phan finale. Brookins to outclass Watson, and Phan to have too much heart for Johnson. After the early-season hype, Johnson has been incredibly underwhelming IMO. For a wrestler he seems to have very average power, and as someone else said, he just seems sloppy. I hope they are the results anyway, those 2 are the most deserved and easily the most likeable in the series for mine.

Brookins is gonna be a force with a little bit more polish. And in the main event, fingers crossed all Kos' bullshit will bring out the old GSP and he can put the hurt on that w***er.

That whole scenario with the "male nurse",
Just the fact that he was making fun of a PARAMEDIC by calling him a "male nurse" (which isn't an insult anyway... What is this? The 1950s, where nurses are all women and doctors are all men?), when what a paramedic does actually benefits society in a real way on a day to day basis, unlike fighting people for money.

The funny thing is, Josh is going to need a team of paramedics after GSP is done with him, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go out of their way to be gentle.

Final episode quarter finals
Last two fights, so damn good. Watson is a durable as hell and Brookins has some brutal GNP.
Michael Johnson though, such a dirty fight. Charging with his head, grabbing the shorts and sticking his finger in the gloves.
I thought the 3rd round was so close but probably had Johnson just winning. That said a point should have been taken and a draw would been the result I wanted to see.

All in all a great TUF and the final four really showed how skilled this group is.

Final episode quarter finals
Last two fights, so damn good. Watson is a durable as hell and Brookins has some brutal GNP.
Michael Johnson though, such a dirty fight. Charging with his head, grabbing the shorts and sticking his finger in the gloves.
I thought the 3rd round was so close but probably had Johnson just winning. That said a point should have been taken and a draw would been the result I wanted to see.

All in all a great TUF and the final four really showed how skilled this group is.

I'm stoked Brookins won. Really like him and I think he will do well in the UFC if he can improve his striking he will be dangerous.
Loved his GnP against Watson.

Johnson... I'm not really impressed with him of late for such a great "Athlete" he gasses bad. If he can improve his cardio then he will be dangerous but geez he gasses early.

Brookins vs Johnson..... If Brookins can survive Johnson's strikes then I think he is a very good chance to win by sub. Espicially since Johnson could barely contain Nam on the ground so I think he will struggle to keep control of Brookins and Johnson will want this fight standing.

Bit of controversy over Johnson's win apparently. I had no problem with it at all. Sure he didn't do much when it went to the ground in the 3rd but Nam did nothing during the whole fight. The only time he showed any urgency was when he was elbowing Johnson from his guard.

Brookins to win in the 2nd round after a tough 1st.

Here are all the results: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Fighter:_Team_GSP_vs._Team_Koscheck_Finale

Good season overall. LOL Cody getting a guillotine again on the finale. In one of the unaired prelims, Kyle Watson defeated Sako Chivitchian via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).

How does a fighter get the votes of two judges yet lose every round according to the other judge? Looking forward to the rematch between Nam Pham and Leonard Garcia. Dana gave Nam a win bonus.

Just need Koscheck to be beaten to a pulp on the weekend. All of Team Koscheck from TUF are probably rooting for GSP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back