MMA-UFC TUF: McGregor v Chandler

Remove this Banner Ad

This fight would be a banger but unlikely to happen. Conor merely using TUF as clout and publicity for business interests. Keeping his name and image in the ether. Dana knows this but happy to go along with it.

I’m not even sure McGregor in the USADA pool is he? Last I heard he wasn’t

I’m not even sure McGregor in the USADA pool is he? Last I heard he wasn’t

Every other week an article like the one below comes out saying he’s about to re-enter the testing pool … but he never does.

He’s been doing A LOT of partying since his last defeat to Poirier, living a lifestyle not exactly in keeping with a professional athlete. God knows what he’s been drinking and snorting. Personally I think he’s finished.

Conor isnt coming back. They gave him the best matchup possible in Chandler but one trains and takes it seriously the other gets coked up and knocks out mascots at NBA games. Is there a top 10 guy you would be confident backing him against anymore?

Punches chances v strikers sure but the guys done really

Yeah I mean McGregor's profile far outweighs his abilities at the moment. He can only main event which means someone like Chandler is probably his best path to victory believe it or not, needs to be a name who will give him a chance to land.

Wouldn't surprise me if the UFC know he's not fighting but thought they'd get one last bit out of him with TUF, a million ways to cancel a fight after the series airs.

2E6E2A94-38E1-4167-9554-C3DBB9FE23D2.jpeg E758ECE8-7D62-44F1-AF70-E346884D7830.jpeg

We all age but he barely even looks the same person he was five years ago. The Mayweather super fight made him super rich but it also stole a piece of his soul when he was at the top of his game. Was never the same after that, as a person and as an athlete. Khabib said he showed up at their fight press conference stinking of piss. It was all over then and there.

View attachment 1712282View attachment 1712283

We all age but he barely even looks the same person he was five years ago. The Mayweather super fight made him super rich but it also stole a piece of his soul when he was at the top of his game. Was never the same after that, as a person and as an athlete. Khabib said he showed up at their fight press conference stinking of piss. It was all over then and there.
Conor brought a bottle of his whisky to that presser to promote it. He drank at least one shot, and uncle D had a sip as well. I don't think Khabib had a sample 😄

Conor brought a bottle of his whisky to that presser to promote it. He drank at least one shot, and uncle D had a sip as well. I don't think Khabib had a sample 😄

• "I was drinking all the way through fight week last time (for Nurmagomedov)."

Making excuses for a loss. Id bet he didnt actually do this tbh

His head coach John Kavanagh even admitted it and expressed his disappointment publicly.

It’s not so much an excuse as an admission that Khabib had him mentally rattled before they even stepped into the octagon.

His head coach John Kavanagh even admitted it and expressed his disappointment publicly.

It’s not so much an excuse as an admission that Khabib had him mentally rattled before they even stepped into the octagon.
Johns only achievement is Conor. He too making excuses imo

Conor was obsessed with fighting. I doubt he wasnt taking it seriously tbh... now hes cooked but he was different years back tbf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johns only achievement is Conor. He too making excuses imo

Conor was obsessed with fighting. I doubt he wasnt taking it seriously tbh... now hes cooked but he was different years back tbf

Look at his energy and the way he presented himself pre the Mayweather fight and then after it. He was a shadow of the fighter who smashed Alvarez and Aldo and who came back to beat Diaz. His face looked different, he was twitchy and nervous and totally on hard liquor and bags. Conor made a bargain with the devil accepting the Mayweather humiliation. Got rich and super famous but had his unwavering self-belief sucked out of him.

Look at his energy and the way he presented himself pre the Mayweather fight and then after it. He was a shadow of the fighter who smashed Alvarez and Aldo and who came back to beat Diaz. His face looked different, he was twitchy and nervous and totally on hard liquor and bags. Conor made a bargain with the devil accepting the Mayweather humiliation. Got rich and super famous but had his unwavering self-belief sucked out of him.
I dont doubt he was on the bags and beers but i dont think it was anything to do with self belief being sucked out of him. He got rich and famous and enjoyed those successes and lost the drive and hunger that was there first.

Pretty well worn trope in combat sports TBH.

I dont doubt he was on the bags and beers but i dont think it was anything to do with self belief being sucked out of him. He got rich and famous and enjoyed those successes and lost the drive and hunger that was there first.

Bags and beers became the symptom of his lack of self-belief. Plenty of superstar sportspersons become rich and famous but are able to maintain focus and professionalism to stay for long periods at the top. Conor was unable to do this after the Mayweather humiliation. Rocking up to the Khabib presser (the most important fight of his life) half tanked on Proper12, was utterly pathetic.

Yep, there's a famous Marvin Hagler quote, something like "it's hard to get up and run at 5am if you're sleeping in silk sheets"

TUF has been a terrible watch for years now. Was a bit more invested this season given who the coaches are and thought it might make for interesting tv. Losing interest now that it’s looking more and more unlikely they will fight

I read a rumour they're trying to delay it until UFC 300, might be McGregor's last UFC fight so I get that, not sure how true it is though.

I read a rumour they're trying to delay it until UFC 300, might be McGregor's last UFC fight so I get that, not sure how true it is though.
Yeah I heard something like that too. Long time for chandler to have to wait and who knows what other controversies Conor gets into between now and then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back